Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Sigil and mean people.

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 17, 2010
I was doing tartarus and i was on hades and i died so i fled and went on the sigil and this guy name talonHawkblade just came in with me and i has start over i started over and i ha dto flee again ad that guy he was hiding and he just came in the last 2 seconds i cried so much and i dont have text chat. :( ;(

Explorer
Jun 12, 2011
Balance wiz65 on Jan 7, 2014 wrote:
I was doing tartarus and i was on hades and i died so i fled and went on the sigil and this guy name talonHawkblade just came in with me and i has start over i started over and i ha dto flee again ad that guy he was hiding and he just came in the last 2 seconds i cried so much and i dont have text chat. :( ;(
I understand your frustration, as this happened to me last week when I was trying to do Xibalba.

My friend and I were in there, just the two of us, and we would quickly run back whenever we got defeated (which was often, lol), but there were these guys waiting outside by the sigils who would jump on with us- we had to jump off quickly and say 'do not join, going back to group'. One was really nice about it, the other not so much.

I wish KI would put something in place so that we could choose who we wanted to allow on sigils with us: maybe it could be a privacy option, just like teleports, and we could set it to all, friends/group only, or no one.

-v.

Survivor
Sep 26, 2010
People tend to do that a lot so if it happens just fight with him and you might still finish the dungeon with him

Squire
Jul 04, 2012
Balance wiz65 on Jan 7, 2014 wrote:
The fact they want to come in with you isn't mean. They were just trying to help you. If you want to do it solo, go to the calmest realm and then go there. They probably didn't know they were upsetting you.

~Angela Gem, Level 82

Survivor
Dec 22, 2013
Yeah, that happens a lot when I do dungeons with my friends. I just go along with him. Maybe he can help? Maybe your doing both of you a favor? If that is the case, then go along with it. That would be the nice thing to do.

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
logan raven slinge... on Jan 8, 2014 wrote:
People tend to do that a lot so if it happens just fight with him and you might still finish the dungeon with him
Quite often people are just doing this to ruin your progress in the instance and they flee directly after entering with you, usually after saying haha. I have been pretty lucky with not having this happen too many times to me.

I have never and would never remain in a instance where a person did this to me. I am nice to all in the game who are nice to me, this is mean and spiteful behavior that deserves no reward. The only exception I have ever made was when I did Jotun the first time - I had done the brothers separately so I only had to face him since I was a solo player. Someone entered the hall and asked if they could join me and I said yes. This erased my progress of the other 2 bothers fight but I was willing to repeat them so the other person could finish the quest also.

This became a big thing when Waterworks came out and nothing has been done about it so I think nothing will but it is a major problem in the game. Losing progress in a difficult instance usually means abandoning it for that day or days.

Mary

Survivor
Mar 03, 2012
Wow Balance wiz65 I am sorry to hear about this happening to you!

I may be wrong, but it seems like the game tries to prevent the dungeon reset, at least sometimes.
I have gotten onto sigils, e.g. winterbane and say I had already gone in within the dungeon timeout, it seems as if those who hadn't been with me ended up in separate instances of the dungeon. I may have just misunderstood what was happening. Maybe not all dungeons are created equal regarding this issue.

If I recall correctly, changing realms before re-entering a dungeon resets your progress so you can't just walk away from troublemakers

Maybe there's a trick to consistently preventing a reset?

Professors, any suggestions for your students on this?

Diana Raveneyes

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
It shouldn't matter anymore. If they join with you and you already have an instance running, you'll return to yours and they join a new one without you in it. I have people try joining last second with me a lot, since I solo a lot. I've never had one actually make it inside with me since they fixed this issue last year.

Survivor
Dec 27, 2011
I don't think you can do much about it. Quickly jumping off the sigil is one way to avoid that, but with places like Mirror Lake where there are huge crowds gathered around the sigil, it becomes difficult. I do hope KI makes another way for us players to get back to our original group. As for mean players, well, teach them a lesson or two if they jump in again like that! :)

Survivor
Sep 26, 2009
fufu001 on Jan 8, 2014 wrote:
Wow Balance wiz65 I am sorry to hear about this happening to you!

I may be wrong, but it seems like the game tries to prevent the dungeon reset, at least sometimes.
I have gotten onto sigils, e.g. winterbane and say I had already gone in within the dungeon timeout, it seems as if those who hadn't been with me ended up in separate instances of the dungeon. I may have just misunderstood what was happening. Maybe not all dungeons are created equal regarding this issue.

If I recall correctly, changing realms before re-entering a dungeon resets your progress so you can't just walk away from troublemakers

Maybe there's a trick to consistently preventing a reset?

Professors, any suggestions for your students on this?

Diana Raveneyes
I'm no professor, but I do have a trick for you. If you leave a mark inside your instance dungeon, you never have to worry about the dungeon resetting except by timeout. There are some places where this doesn't work, but it does work in a lot of places.