Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

play 2 of your wizards at the same time?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 21, 2009
I was wondering if it was against the rules to play 2 of your wizards at the same time. I have 2 wizards that are the same level and have the same quests and would like to level the up together. I am not big on friending the kids in the game due to the fact I am older and don't want to seem creepy.

Administrator
If you are talking about two separate account logins, then yes this is perfectly fine. Two different accounts with two different logins and passwords can both be run (even on the same computer) at the same time.

If you are talking about logging into the same account twice, then the answer is no - you cannot do that.

One account = one login at a time.

community@wizard101.com
Explorer
Oct 26, 2012
Being honest KI. I really hate that you cant do this! here is an example of me thinking dis.
( working on my level 20 needing help in grizzlehielm ) ( higher level 78 wiz I wish I could go on another wiz she needs help!) This does get annoying but I know the resion KI does dis here it is

KI thinks that you are going to cheat or do something bad there is no bad reason for this but I guess that is just one of wizards101 things that are annoying and that is what makes the game funnner. funner not a real word XD

Delver
Jun 27, 2013
Really, you think Kingsisle actually refuses to let you log in twice ono one account so yo ucan't cheat??
You don't think it could possibly be a security thing?
Like, maybe allowing you to knwo if someone hacks your account by letting you know you're logged in somewhere else??

Name me one other game online where you can log in 2 seperate characters on one account at one time.... just one... please.

Instead of badmouthing the creators of the game, maybe you should just cough up the five dollars a month it'd cost to open a second account and help yourself that way.

Explorer
Dec 30, 2009
I think they don't want you to be logged in on 2 characters at once because it would be chaos on the server side of things. For example, say you had 10 million players online, and then they all got on a 2nd character, now you have 20 million wizards active for the server to deal with. This is a huge server and bandwidth stress load.
Now I don't think that there are typically 10 million wizards online at once, but you get the point.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
TTD Fan on Jan 22, 2014 wrote:
I think they don't want you to be logged in on 2 characters at once because it would be chaos on the server side of things. For example, say you had 10 million players online, and then they all got on a 2nd character, now you have 20 million wizards active for the server to deal with. This is a huge server and bandwidth stress load.
Now I don't think that there are typically 10 million wizards online at once, but you get the point.
I run 2 accounts all the time, and it's awesome. It's rare I can ever find someone who's online in the same time zone as me, so I just hop on my myth/ice team and quest with myself.

I think what Prof. Greyrose was getting at was the security risk of being able to have 2 people log in on the same account. I have subs on 2 accounts (you have to, in order to play all 7 schools), so why should I not be able to use them? At least I know the company is good... lol.

-v.