Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Should i waste my time on GH???

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 22, 2008
I am not sure whether to do gh or not because I know when you get further its better but I'm just not sure if I should use my time on doing it. Thanks, Lail Frosteyes THANKS!

Delver
Mar 07, 2012
Grizzleheim is time consuming, but totally worth it, when you get to Wintertusk. It gives huge xp.

~ Vanessa Rainbowpetal, level 50 theurgist

Survivor
Mar 03, 2012
I totally agree!
It also drops armor and weapons that are better than I have found elsewhere at the level you need to be to start questing there.
Diana Raveneyes

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Lail Frosteyes on Jan 4, 2014 wrote:
I am not sure whether to do gh or not because I know when you get further its better but I'm just not sure if I should use my time on doing it. Thanks, Lail Frosteyes THANKS!
Grizzleheim is not a waste of time. You must complete a portion to gain your level 35 spell. Then must complete it to move on to Wintertusk to gain you level 55 spell and level 58 pet.

I do Grizzleheim when I'm bored or don't have time to do long drawn out quests in whatever world I'm currently working on.

Defender
Sep 09, 2011
You will need to complete all GH cause some spells you will not be able to get or some quests.
When you get used to that world it becomes easy its long but still easy.
Be sure to carefuly sell your drops sometimes rare gear is droped there and dont forget to solve quests for some new spells ( which are useless but still needed sometimes lol )

Michael BlueBright, Myth Conjurer, Level 95, Technomancer

Champion
Dec 03, 2012
I would recommend it. But work on main worlds, too.

Defender
Mar 30, 2010
I agree with Vanessa. Plus there are certain spells you cannot obtain if you do not finish Grizzleheim's main storyline.

Survivor
Jul 21, 2009
Yes it can help you a lot with leveling up and you can probably get a big headstart on the worlds ahead of you if you fully complete it.

Survivor
Apr 21, 2012
YES LVL 35 and 55 spells plus if ur ice like me you need it for snow angel once you get high enough level.
Luke Spellwalker Lvl 35

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Yes it's needed for spells and school pets, but it's also very much worth doing for the crafted gear in Wintertusk. It's almost as good as waterworks with none of the hassle of farming.

Survivor
Feb 04, 2012
I think u should.. well think of it not as wasting time rather it is a good way to earn extra money and level up

Defender
Oct 27, 2013
i wanna finish GH quicker. i completed savastadd pass.

i wanna lvl up so i can do GH solo and quicker so ravenscar is no problem

Hero
Feb 26, 2012
GH is not a waste of time. I found it a very fun world. Beyond that, as others have said, it is needed to get to Wintertusk and to complete spell quests later. Furthermore, once you get to Wintertusk, you get to some of the best crafted gear in the game, as well as a lot of XP and leveling for your character.

GH & WT are always worth doing.

Defender
Oct 27, 2013
you need to complete 2 thirds of GH to get lvl 35 spell

you need to complete 100% GH and 20% WT to get 55 spell and school pets

Explorer
Oct 19, 2012
poliwhirl555 on Feb 19, 2014 wrote:
you need to complete 2 thirds of GH to get lvl 35 spell

you need to complete 100% GH and 20% WT to get 55 spell and school pets
Wrong. To get the level 55 spell, you need to get to Sudrilund, which is the third area you go to in Wintertusk, so those statistics are wrong.

Defender
Oct 27, 2013
Shadow Ice Thing on Feb 21, 2014 wrote:
Wrong. To get the level 55 spell, you need to get to Sudrilund, which is the third area you go to in Wintertusk, so those statistics are wrong.
meant 180%

Mastermind
Jan 05, 2014
As a balance wizard, I feel your pain. Our level 35 spells are essentially worthless, so the temptation to avoid Grizzleheim until you reach 55 is great. But the level 55 balance spell is one of the best healing spells in the game, and hard to live without, so you need to do GH sometime. My advice is either start GH as early as possible, when the experience and loot are actually worth something, or avoid it until 48, when you get power nova, which lets you finish many GH fights in one attack, speeding up the questing.

If you are a gardener, GH is the source of the ever popular couch potato seed (unless you have a ton of crowns to burn). Serious gardeners will want to farm for them, but most people will come up with a few just doing the normal quests, they drop at low rates from a great variety of GH opponents.

Survivor
May 04, 2011
If I were you I probably wouldn't... But just my opinion, I haven't even beat ravenscar yet. XD so far it gives very little xp for the stuff you do.

Hero
Feb 26, 2012
Victoria SoulCatch... on Mar 2, 2014 wrote:
If I were you I probably wouldn't... But just my opinion, I haven't even beat ravenscar yet. XD so far it gives very little xp for the stuff you do.
Victoria, keep on going! The GH xp may not be huge, but once Wintertusk is open to you all that changes. Wintertusk has great XP and is great for leveling up, it's great for crafting, and needed for your level spell quests. For me, Ravenscar got a little slow, but don't let that stop you. The overall GH/WT experience is very worthwhile.

Explorer
Nov 30, 2012
Yes you should do it because once you get to wintertusk you get LOTS of xp

Micheal Dragonblade lvl 34

Survivor
Jun 01, 2013
DanTheTerrible on Feb 24, 2014 wrote:
As a balance wizard, I feel your pain. Our level 35 spells are essentially worthless, so the temptation to avoid Grizzleheim until you reach 55 is great. But the level 55 balance spell is one of the best healing spells in the game, and hard to live without, so you need to do GH sometime. My advice is either start GH as early as possible, when the experience and loot are actually worth something, or avoid it until 48, when you get power nova, which lets you finish many GH fights in one attack, speeding up the questing.

If you are a gardener, GH is the source of the ever popular couch potato seed (unless you have a ton of crowns to burn). Serious gardeners will want to farm for them, but most people will come up with a few just doing the normal quests, they drop at low rates from a great variety of GH opponents.
Feel what pain balance wizards get the judgement spell that can defeat people even with a critical and balance wizards even get spells that are spells from other schools and can make it powerful like the hydra get the three blades of fire,storm,and ice then get the elementrel trap (spelled it wrong I think) then learn the critical rating in Cealastia (also spelled it wrong) when you get there then use all that in a battle and I think you'll get over a 1000 for each hydra head depending witch enemy or wizard it is because of the resist.

Mastermind
Jan 05, 2014
Sneaky Bruno Tew on Mar 15, 2014 wrote:
Feel what pain balance wizards get the judgement spell that can defeat people even with a critical and balance wizards even get spells that are spells from other schools and can make it powerful like the hydra get the three blades of fire,storm,and ice then get the elementrel trap (spelled it wrong I think) then learn the critical rating in Cealastia (also spelled it wrong) when you get there then use all that in a battle and I think you'll get over a 1000 for each hydra head depending witch enemy or wizard it is because of the resist.
The pain I referred to was the pain of reaching level 55 and realizing you have to go fiddle around in grizzleheim fighting level 20 enemies for days to get your next spell. I never said defeating the enemies would be hard, just tedious as heck with little reward.

And I think you seriously overestimate hydra. It is nearly impossible to do as much damage with hydra as with judgement, its a "spiffy animation" fluff spell whose only real purpose is to clear out shields for elemental strikes to follow. I do quite agree that judgement is awesome, and arguably overpowered.

People constantly complain that balance gets triple blades and traps for free, what they don't get is balance wizards have no reason to ever use those spells unless they are fighting an enemy with high (think 70+ %) balance resist. Those elemental/spirit attacks are the balance equivalent of the prisms that the other schools get to change their damage type against same school enemies.

Survivor
Mar 13, 2012
GH is a wonderful world! It has tons of stuff like Gold, Housing items, and clothes that give you tons of HP!

Hope this helped

Austin SpriteMask / wizard.

Survivor
Mar 03, 2012
I used to really hate Grizzleheim too. I mean it felt so boring and the setting seems vaguely
uncomfortable for me. Still though, you should still do it. You get tons of XP and you get your lvl
38 and 55 spells. Basically, that's the only reason I do it.

Survivor
Feb 19, 2014
Grizzleheim is not really a waste of time, the xp is just ridiculously low!
Plus, to get to wintertusk, you have to pass through grizzleheim, so in a sense it's not a waste of time.
Balance wizards also get elemental dispell and spirit dispell, they are really handy spells!
Aaron Windrider level 47