Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

My take on level 98 spells

AuthorMessage
Defender
May 16, 2009
So with the next half of khrysalis coming out soon and hopefully another level cap increase, there may be an opportunity for new spells. I've seen many good ideas for level 98 but here's my take on the case. Feel free to provide suggestions of your own and constructive feedback!
- Equalize, single target enemy, 3 pips. Adds yours and the target's remaining health together and gives each of you 50% of that total. (Great if you're low and don't have healing spells)
- Absolute Zero, target enemy team, 13 pips. Deals 800-1000 damage. If the target is below 10% health, they are instantly KO'd.
- Pyroclasm, single target enemy, 13 pips. Deals 900-1100 damage. If the target is below 10% health, they are instantly KO'd.
- Thunderstorm, single target enemy, 13 pips. Deals 1000 + 500 damage. (damage over time) If the target on the initial casting of the spell is below 10% health, they are instantly KO'd.
- Reaper, single target enemy, 13 pips. Deals 1200 damage and returns 600 health. If enemy is below 10% health, the enemy is instantly KO'd.
- Guardian, single target ally, 3 pips. If target ally is knocked out within 3 turns, he/she is revived to 60% health. Cannot critical.
- Orc, single target enemy, 13 pips. Deals 400 damage, then deals 900 damage. If enemy is below 10% health on the first strike, they are instantly KO'd.
- Otherworldly Touch, enchant single card, Gives the card the ability to instantly KO if enemy is below 10% of their hp.
- Sturdy, 4 round aura target self, Cannot be KO'd by instantaneous means while under this aura. +10% outgoing damage, +10% incoming damage.
- Wraith, Polymorph self 6 rounds, Morph into a high rank minion of .

Instant KO mechanism (how it would work theoretically): The game will calculate the enemy's health percentage by taking it's max health and finding 10% of it. It will then check the enemy's remaining health compared to the result it just received and if the remaining health is equal to or less than 10% of its maximum, the enemy will be instantly KO'd. However, the game will NOT instantly KO if 1)The spell cannot do it, or 2) The aura Sturdy is active. If one of two (or both) of those are true, the spell will proceed to do its specified damage, along with traps and blades you've set up.

Geographer
Apr 29, 2012
Spark Plasma on Dec 31, 2013 wrote:
So with the next half of khrysalis coming out soon and hopefully another level cap increase, there may be an opportunity for new spells. I've seen many good ideas for level 98 but here's my take on the case. Feel free to provide suggestions of your own and constructive feedback!
- Equalize, single target enemy, 3 pips. Adds yours and the target's remaining health together and gives each of you 50% of that total. (Great if you're low and don't have healing spells)
- Absolute Zero, target enemy team, 13 pips. Deals 800-1000 damage. If the target is below 10% health, they are instantly KO'd.
- Pyroclasm, single target enemy, 13 pips. Deals 900-1100 damage. If the target is below 10% health, they are instantly KO'd.
- Thunderstorm, single target enemy, 13 pips. Deals 1000 + 500 damage. (damage over time) If the target on the initial casting of the spell is below 10% health, they are instantly KO'd.
- Reaper, single target enemy, 13 pips. Deals 1200 damage and returns 600 health. If enemy is below 10% health, the enemy is instantly KO'd.
- Guardian, single target ally, 3 pips. If target ally is knocked out within 3 turns, he/she is revived to 60% health. Cannot critical.
- Orc, single target enemy, 13 pips. Deals 400 damage, then deals 900 damage. If enemy is below 10% health on the first strike, they are instantly KO'd.
- Otherworldly Touch, enchant single card, Gives the card the ability to instantly KO if enemy is below 10% of their hp.
- Sturdy, 4 round aura target self, Cannot be KO'd by instantaneous means while under this aura. +10% outgoing damage, +10% incoming damage.

Instant KO mechanism (how it would work theoretically): The game will calculate the enemy's health percentage by taking it's max health and finding 10% of it. It will then check the enemy's remaining health compared to the result it just received and if the remaining health is equal to or less than 10% of its maximum, the enemy will be instantly KO'd. However, the game will NOT instantly KO if 1)The spell cannot do it, or 2) The aura Sturdy is active. If one of two (or both) of those are true, the spell will proceed to do its specified damage, along with traps and blades you've set up.
I don't agree with the KO idea, the fact that ice gets an AoE that does only 100 damage less than a single target fire spell (ice is lowest damage and fire 2nd highest) and the name of a polymorph would have to be called Polymorph ... and also, in CL we got 9 polymorphs, and AZ 3. I think that 3 was a bit low, but they'd never just give 1 for an entire world. And Guardian is mega OP, even if it is just for 3 rounds. For 5 pips they come back with 15%, for 3 pips it won't be 60%, maximum it will be 9%, which would be useless. You might want to rethink a few of the spells, and the amount of pips is completely wrong, but I think that the main ideas of the spells are good.

Defender
Mar 08, 2013

Another single attack for myth? lol

Defender
Jul 18, 2011

Ice need needs to be an All Enemies Spell! We already have mammoth and lord of winter at those level of attacks! Ice one is a rip off unless its 800-1000 damage to ALL enemies!

Defender
Jul 18, 2011
Mastermind
Jun 01, 2009
Ok, your ideas were pretty good, but I find a few faults.
1.) They should be 11 pips, because our last ones were 10 pips. Since when have we skipped 2 pips?
2.) I don't really agree with the KO'd thing.
3.) The ice one is OP.
4.) The fire one is underpowered.
5.) If myth gets another single hit spell, i'll die.
6.) The storm one is waaay underpowered.
7.) The balance and life ones should be attacks as well, because I'm absolutely positive that if they were to have those spells instead, they would beg for new attacks.

-Jasmine Owltalon, level 95 myth
Logic is my weapon and my curse

Hero
Nov 14, 2010
Blaze Sandblade on Dec 31, 2013 wrote:
I don't agree with the KO idea, the fact that ice gets an AoE that does only 100 damage less than a single target fire spell (ice is lowest damage and fire 2nd highest) and the name of a polymorph would have to be called Polymorph ... and also, in CL we got 9 polymorphs, and AZ 3. I think that 3 was a bit low, but they'd never just give 1 for an entire world. And Guardian is mega OP, even if it is just for 3 rounds. For 5 pips they come back with 15%, for 3 pips it won't be 60%, maximum it will be 9%, which would be useless. You might want to rethink a few of the spells, and the amount of pips is completely wrong, but I think that the main ideas of the spells are good.
calm down blaze kingsisle will not take this seriously. if this is not a joke thread i feel sorry for you plasma