Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

What am I doing? (And why is it working)

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 22, 2009
Hello everyone,

I became a captain in the first age with a lvl 15 fire wizard. I didn't have a strategy, an I didn't know what I was doing, but I became a captain none the less. I didn't use the thing that lower lvl a are doing a lot these days, with high hitting treasure cards. My secondary school is storm, the only healing I had was pixie, and I didn't have weakness, infection, or tower shield. Still I moved up through the ranks a bit, and what I was doing seemed to be working.

What was I doing? I had my deck stocked with fire elf and not much storm because it tended to fizzle. For some reason my habit is not to heal until the last minute. This is a bad habit of mine which I'm trying to stop with my lvl 57 balance because it makes me get defeated easily, but not so my fire. I'm out of practice, and I can't exactly remember what I was doing. I had no strategy, no treasure cards, not many blades, did not want to heal.

Why did this work? What do you all think?

Morgan Stormheart lvl 57
Maria Fireshard lvl 15

Defender
Jun 15, 2013
I think maybe you might have been spamming fire elf and healing at last second is what was keeping you alive also did you have a pet that gives a spell, better stats, or healed you.

Survivor
May 22, 2009
I never had a pet that gave good stuff.

Defender
Mar 08, 2013
ineedacuppatea on Dec 28, 2013 wrote:
Hello everyone,

I became a captain in the first age with a lvl 15 fire wizard. I didn't have a strategy, an I didn't know what I was doing, but I became a captain none the less. I didn't use the thing that lower lvl a are doing a lot these days, with high hitting treasure cards. My secondary school is storm, the only healing I had was pixie, and I didn't have weakness, infection, or tower shield. Still I moved up through the ranks a bit, and what I was doing seemed to be working.

What was I doing? I had my deck stocked with fire elf and not much storm because it tended to fizzle. For some reason my habit is not to heal until the last minute. This is a bad habit of mine which I'm trying to stop with my lvl 57 balance because it makes me get defeated easily, but not so my fire. I'm out of practice, and I can't exactly remember what I was doing. I had no strategy, no treasure cards, not many blades, did not want to heal.

Why did this work? What do you all think?

Morgan Stormheart lvl 57
Maria Fireshard lvl 15
It might be just pure luck with your opponents. Sometimes, I go against 5 or 6 privates in a row that I easily win. Other times, I rank down to private, from what seems like captain, because I was matched up against overlords of my same level.