Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

No quest to speak to Merle Ambrose

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 19, 2013
So I finished the Trial Of The Spheres, and I went to speak to Edith Benchley. But, she didn't give me a quest to speak to Merle Ambrose. Not satisfied, I went to the Commons and find Merle Ambrose, but he didn't have the yellow question mark over his head. There is practically nothing over his head. I went to Bartleby Tree, and tried to find Zarafia in it, but still, I can't find anything. The only worlds I could find were from Wizard City to Celestia! Is this a bug or a glitch or something? I really need help...

Thanks in advance

Madeline

BTW, my membership is ending soon, so I have to quickly get to Zarafia

Administrator
Please use our Quest Finder feature to find your quests
https://www.wizard101.com/game/community/updatenotes#finder

Quest Finder is off by default and can be enabled through the Options Panel (press Esc to access your Game Options).

When you press the Quest Finder Button in your Journal (it's on the last page of your quests) The Quest Helper arrow will now point to the nearest available quest. It will start with the current zone you are in, then expand to the current world you are in. If it doesn't find any quests in that world, you will need to move to another world and press Quest Finder again.

When you use Quest Finder, a window will appear telling you where to go and who to talk to, and the Quest Helper arrow will now point to that location.

community@wizard101.com
Survivor
Apr 19, 2013
I tried the Quest Finder, and went to Celestia. It pointed me to Edith Benchley again, but the quests she has are only side quests....and there still isn't one that points to Merle Ambrose...

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
ClaudiaMadelinePyr... on Dec 20, 2013 wrote:
I tried the Quest Finder, and went to Celestia. It pointed me to Edith Benchley again, but the quests she has are only side quests....and there still isn't one that points to Merle Ambrose...
Are you level 60? You need to be 60 to get the quest from Merle.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Also, you need to talk to the storm professor to finish the quest Through This Door.

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
ClaudiaMadelinePyr... on Dec 19, 2013 wrote:
So I finished the Trial Of The Spheres, and I went to speak to Edith Benchley. But, she didn't give me a quest to speak to Merle Ambrose. Not satisfied, I went to the Commons and find Merle Ambrose, but he didn't have the yellow question mark over his head. There is practically nothing over his head. I went to Bartleby Tree, and tried to find Zarafia in it, but still, I can't find anything. The only worlds I could find were from Wizard City to Celestia! Is this a bug or a glitch or something? I really need help...

Thanks in advance

Madeline

BTW, my membership is ending soon, so I have to quickly get to Zarafia
After you finish the Trial of the Spheres, Edith Benchley tells you to talk to Halston Balestrom in Ravenwood. You might still have the quest "Through This Door". Details are here:

http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Quest:Through_This_Door...

After talking to Halston Balestrom, it leads to the quest "Dire News from Abroad", which starts you on your way to Zafaria. Details are here:

http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Quest:Dire_News_From_Abroad

Note: you must be Level 60 to get this quest. You didn't mention your level.

Survivor
Apr 19, 2013
Oh thanks! Now I need to level up to level sixty! :D Thanks to all who helped. I am level fifty-eight. So thanks! :D