Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Give White and Black Dragon voices

AuthorMessage
Squire
Jun 13, 2011
The last two bosses in Avalon were challenging, but they had no voices and little motivation at the end of Avalon's last dungeon, Keep of Ganelon's Dragon's Den. I think these two dragons were brought up as Morganthe's last chance of preventing young Wizards from curing the dying King Artorius and restoring peace to Avalon. I suggest you give the White and Black Dragons new dialogue lines, complete with voiceovers, but have their lines done in rhyming fashion, with the White Dragon being poetically perfect and the Black Dragon saying words in somewhat of a wrong order, but still rhyme quite well, regardless of it. And they should have new dialogue lines placed in for before and after duel combat.

Those are my thoughts about the White and Black Dragons. Please hear my requests! Thanks for listening!

Survivor
Aug 20, 2011
Trimond297 on Dec 17, 2013 wrote:
The last two bosses in Avalon were challenging, but they had no voices and little motivation at the end of Avalon's last dungeon, Keep of Ganelon's Dragon's Den. I think these two dragons were brought up as Morganthe's last chance of preventing young Wizards from curing the dying King Artorius and restoring peace to Avalon. I suggest you give the White and Black Dragons new dialogue lines, complete with voiceovers, but have their lines done in rhyming fashion, with the White Dragon being poetically perfect and the Black Dragon saying words in somewhat of a wrong order, but still rhyme quite well, regardless of it. And they should have new dialogue lines placed in for before and after duel combat.

Those are my thoughts about the White and Black Dragons. Please hear my requests! Thanks for listening!
The reason why this doesn't work is because it's not true. The dragon's saliva is healing, it's not like Morganthe poured some sort of healing water into their mouths so that they drink it all and no one can be healed. The dragons are basically nothing to the plot. Kingsisle could have just as easily put a regular bottle in the Crystal Caves and nothing woul change. I don't think that 2 bosses that mean nothing to the plot need more complexity. The person that really needs more complexity? Morganthe does.

Wolf DunePyre, lvl 95
Oran IceWalker, lvl 71
"When everything gets hard, spam crazily!"

Astrologist
Aug 20, 2011
It is kind of abrupt after facing sooooo many final bosses with dialogue, and then seeing these two who are silent.

I guess dialogue isn't 100% necessary, but I agree, it isn't what you expect in terms of consistency.

Squire
Jun 13, 2011
Wolf DunePyre on Dec 18, 2013 wrote:
The reason why this doesn't work is because it's not true. The dragon's saliva is healing, it's not like Morganthe poured some sort of healing water into their mouths so that they drink it all and no one can be healed. The dragons are basically nothing to the plot. Kingsisle could have just as easily put a regular bottle in the Crystal Caves and nothing woul change. I don't think that 2 bosses that mean nothing to the plot need more complexity. The person that really needs more complexity? Morganthe does.

Wolf DunePyre, lvl 95
Oran IceWalker, lvl 71
"When everything gets hard, spam crazily!"
Ok. You may have a point. I thought it was what their purpose was back when I first fought them, but, for right now, I guess not. I was only asking for voices for these dragons to have some dialogue and voices.

It's what my thoughts of their motivation would have been like if Morganthe had entrusted these two dragons to stop anyone from healing the King in case if they found a way to break her Pendragon curse on Artorius by the time she'd been done with her actions and gave them some power before she left Avalon, as her last resort to throw Avalon into total despair, for if that were to happen, they would stall the King's healing long enough for that to happen, and by the time they were done, it would have been too late, and all of Avalon would have been completely doomed.

Well, no one said it would be obvious. Fortunately, we got through to them and healed the King in time.

Honestly, I thought she had her eye on us when we were in Avalon, and would expect that to happen by sending magical messages to Wizards about their progress in Avalon after she was evicted from Wizard City by Merle Ambrose, but I guess she hadn't done so during certain points in some of Avalon's main quests.

I was only theorizing about that motivation, you know.