Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Getting nowhere with crowns

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 22, 2012
Today KI announced that a lot of the packs on sale were 50% off, so I took this shot at spending 5000 or something crowns on the shaman's lore pack. I was attempting to get the Teeth of the Lord's Night for my character. After blowing almost every last crown I got a bunch of reagents and tcs, a few pieces of gear, and no wands at all. This would equal to 10000 crowns after today, and if I got no wands at all with 3 different wands in the pack, how does KI expect me to continue to spend money on this game? I know there are some decent dropped ones, but those are nothing compared to what people are using in pvp today. Now I don't even stand a chance in pvp with a low block wand on me, so how can I win without a simple piece of gear, now that people are going all out critical?

Survivor
Feb 21, 2011
Dude, you chose to waste all of your crowns on a card pack. It is not Kingsisle's fault that you did not hacmvr enough restraint to stop.

Survivor
Jan 03, 2013
Same with me, but I stopped spending on the packs after 1000 crowns so I didn't lose too much.
Mark Dragonstone

Survivor
Jan 03, 2013
What was funny though was while I kept getting unlucky, my brother kept getting cool stuff.

A+ Student
Dec 11, 2010
wizardmaster8029 on Dec 15, 2013 wrote:
Today KI announced that a lot of the packs on sale were 50% off, so I took this shot at spending 5000 or something crowns on the shaman's lore pack. I was attempting to get the Teeth of the Lord's Night for my character. After blowing almost every last crown I got a bunch of reagents and tcs, a few pieces of gear, and no wands at all. This would equal to 10000 crowns after today, and if I got no wands at all with 3 different wands in the pack, how does KI expect me to continue to spend money on this game? I know there are some decent dropped ones, but those are nothing compared to what people are using in pvp today. Now I don't even stand a chance in pvp with a low block wand on me, so how can I win without a simple piece of gear, now that people are going all out critical?
The packs are chance.

Just like standard trading cards in real life, you may get the card/item you want or you might not.

Do note that Lore spells are the rarest thing in the pack. You might get it in 1, 10, 100, or any number of packs but you aren't garrentied to get it in any amount.

Also there are alternative wands that give decent block if you farm/craft them

Defender
Aug 15, 2009
I feel your pain. It is very frustrating to go after one thing in the card packs and not get it especially when you buy quite a few... and then turn around and see bunches of other people have what you want and suspect how many or few packs they bought to get it.
while I try to reason the packs are big gum ball machines that offer a chance at an item or spell or whatever, the very frustrated part of me wonders why KI doesn't offer prime items for sale at the crown shop for a premium price?
this would also cut out the not so justified complaints that packs are gambling which they are not since people get the minimum value they pay for in card packs. however, having a more straight forward option would quash that and then people can pay for what they want or keep trying for a chance at a lesser price provided they get what they want, but then they could end up paying more for trying to get by cheap. either way it would be a choice of how you get an item and not just a chance take it or leave it.

Explorer
Sep 02, 2012
The pack don't guarantee that you will get what you want. There is a chance. You chose to spend your crowns on that pack. It isn't Kingsisle's fault.

Survivor
Jan 16, 2010
wizardmaster8029 on Dec 15, 2013 wrote:
I know right my parents waist all their money on this I wish i could battle all the professor to get free crowns

and I made a deal for this Christmas that they don't need to get me anything, and if I bug them for it I get nothing at all. Oh and I have an idea, could we like update the game so one of the professors helps you out with a quest like in azteca the sun and moon school bosses are hard I would like to see if there may be any one from KI in the game as well I know the KI staff are stronger wizards or witches but, like on face book not many people got up with the crownplz code, and I know not all of the blog entries will be in but i see your doing the ones with pictures and you didn't say we needed pictures for it so as a Christmas present to all I would like you to make the tree in the game give every one 20,000 if able to but only once a year. The professor battles will be random like we did Cyrus all ready and we can get free henchmen for a month if that's alright. Thank you, from: Matthew Ravenstone level 86 second third fourth . P.S. If you can make the spell bosses weaker like they don't sun serpent at all and also make it one minion the bosses for spells in azteca. thank you again bye

Explorer
Nov 21, 2009
The Rarer the item the less likely u are to get the item

I spent 20,000 crowns, maybe more idk, on the hydra pack when it first came out trying to get the mount and didn't get it