Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Running out of cards

AuthorMessage
Delver
Jan 18, 2013
Make is so that you do not lose if you run out of cards. There will only be the option of passing if you are completely out of cards. The reason I say this is because you may still win even though you are out of cards. You may still have a minion on the field that could still kill your opponent. Or you might have a pet that casts an attack spell such as locust storm.
Even if both players are completely out of cards and you have a pet that attacks or a minion on the field you may still not win because your opponent may have a pet that can heal them faster than you are doing damage.
Once both players have passed for 10 turns in a row then the game is declared a stale mate and the result is a draw.

Explorer
Sep 02, 2012
They aren't going to add this. Just buy a bigger deck.

Defender
Apr 17, 2009
Wow! 10 rounds of nothing! Sounds like an amazing idea! No. It isn't. In fact in my opinion it's awful. If my opponent ran out of cards, they lost. That's it, they can't do anything, they are defenseless, they can't heal, they can't attack. If the 10 rounds continue, only thing that could be keeping them alive is their pet if it heals constantly.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Buy a bigger deck and train reshuffle; add it several times. Problem solved.

Mastermind
Jan 23, 2011
Ghost stone on Dec 14, 2013 wrote:
Make is so that you do not lose if you run out of cards. There will only be the option of passing if you are completely out of cards. The reason I say this is because you may still win even though you are out of cards. You may still have a minion on the field that could still kill your opponent. Or you might have a pet that casts an attack spell such as locust storm.
Even if both players are completely out of cards and you have a pet that attacks or a minion on the field you may still not win because your opponent may have a pet that can heal them faster than you are doing damage.
Once both players have passed for 10 turns in a row then the game is declared a stale mate and the result is a draw.
I totally agree with this 100% percent. Many times my lvl 10 ice and my opponent runs out of cards so then it becomes a battle with whoever can stay in the match the longest lol.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
This happened to me on my baby fire wizard. She was only level 17 and therefore could not train reshuffle, so I had no choice but to keep passing.

As it were, the other person had also run out of cards. And so we both just kept passing... after about 10 minutes, a notification popped up saying I won. By that point, it was just a matter of who got impatient first, lol.

-von

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Dr Von on Dec 20, 2013 wrote:
This happened to me on my baby fire wizard. She was only level 17 and therefore could not train reshuffle, so I had no choice but to keep passing.

As it were, the other person had also run out of cards. And so we both just kept passing... after about 10 minutes, a notification popped up saying I won. By that point, it was just a matter of who got impatient first, lol.

-von
Anyone can buy Reshuffle from the Library.

Delver
Jan 18, 2013
seethe42 on Dec 20, 2013 wrote:
We all know how to avoid the situation. Please stop bringing it up like we didn't know.
I will admit that the situation is very rare and it doesn't happen very often. But it does sometimes happen, and when it does this is how it should be, instead of how it happens now.
MiguelThefirst said my idea was stupid because there would be ten rounds of just passing before the match ended. Explain to me how what we have at the moment is better? Instead of passing ten rounds in a row we have each player holding onto one card and passing endlessly with the battle never ending because neither player wants to flee.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
seethe42 on Dec 20, 2013 wrote:
sure, but a brand-new player (which i was, back then) wouldn't know that, unless they were told.

speaking of reshuffle, i hate having to pack umpteen of them now. my balance wizard doesn't care, since she can use power pips on them, but the rest (who do not have mastery amulets and have to waste 8 pips to do it) find it more than a little inconvenient.

reshuffle was fine as it was; if i were ki, i would have left it alone.

-v.