Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Boss that teaches your pet a "may cast"

AuthorMessage
Astrologist
Aug 20, 2011
I thought it would be neat if there were a boss like Loremaster that could teach the specific pet you're carrying one "May cast" ability. Limit one reward per pet, as an extremely rare drop. It would not change your pet's level or remove a slot in your pet's genes.

And before anyone says anything, no, not "May cast fairy," not "May cast healing current," not any of that OP stuff that might ruin pets for everyone. Plus, to keep from doubling a talent you already have, it would probably have to be a "May cast" that does not exist yet, like "May cast Rank 2 attack," or "May cast Dragonspear."

Thoughts?

Geographer
Apr 29, 2012
Lucas Rain on Dec 11, 2013 wrote:
I thought it would be neat if there were a boss like Loremaster that could teach the specific pet you're carrying one "May cast" ability. Limit one reward per pet, as an extremely rare drop. It would not change your pet's level or remove a slot in your pet's genes.

And before anyone says anything, no, not "May cast fairy," not "May cast healing current," not any of that OP stuff that might ruin pets for everyone. Plus, to keep from doubling a talent you already have, it would probably have to be a "May cast" that does not exist yet, like "May cast Rank 2 attack," or "May cast Dragonspear."

Thoughts?
Here's an idea, a new talent slot appears beneath your other pet talents when you earn the talent and the talent depends on what school your pet is:

Fire - Emblazoned Empathy - May cast Link.
Ice - Frozen Freeze - May cast Stun Block.
Storm - Calm Before the Storm - May cast Electric Strike.
Myth - Arcane Accuracy - May cast Focused Blade.
Life - Botanic Blessing - May cast Minor Blessing.
Death - Sacrificial Song - May cast Sacrifice (on self to heal 450)
Balance - Sky Snake Spear - May cast Dragonspear.

Triggers:

Fire - Casting a successful DoT spell or being hit by a DoT spell.
Ice - Casting a stun or being stunned.
Storm - Fizzling a spell or enemy fizzling.
Myth - Same as Storm.
Life - Anyone in the duel healing (pet casting heal spells do not trigger this talent).
Death - Casting a successful drain spell.
Balance - A successful blade being casted in the duel.

Astrologist
Aug 20, 2011
You definitely have that forum name for a reason. And you do this for free?

I like several of these potential "may casts," especially the "mini sacrifice." Not sure about the triggers though. What kind of casting rate are we talking about here? Like a 10% chance on any given trigger?

Champion
Mar 27, 2011
I'd love a chance to unlock one more talent. I'd be fine if it was a slot my pet already had. Fun idea!

Survivor
Aug 20, 2011

Thoughts?
I think this could cause problems such as:
Getting too many talents (Someone could have 6 talents instead of 5 maybe)
getting unwanted talents when farming for spells
getting the wrong talent

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012

Thoughts?
I think a maycast ability would be too much. It could seriously wreak havoc with an extremely delicate balance. perhaps adding another card the pet gives you would be better. This is just an idea. or give an ability that raises attack, or block, etc. Something more passive than a maycast.

Explorer
Jun 24, 2011
I love this idea. any thoughts on boss's name?
Wolf RavenBreath93

Geographer
Apr 29, 2012
Blaze Sandblade on Dec 11, 2013 wrote:
Here's an idea, a new talent slot appears beneath your other pet talents when you earn the talent and the talent depends on what school your pet is:

Fire - Emblazoned Empathy - May cast Link.
Ice - Frozen Freeze - May cast Stun Block.
Storm - Calm Before the Storm - May cast Electric Strike.
Myth - Arcane Accuracy - May cast Focused Blade.
Life - Botanic Blessing - May cast Minor Blessing.
Death - Sacrificial Song - May cast Sacrifice (on self to heal 450)
Balance - Sky Snake Spear - May cast Dragonspear.

Triggers:

Fire - Casting a successful DoT spell or being hit by a DoT spell.
Ice - Casting a stun or being stunned.
Storm - Fizzling a spell or enemy fizzling.
Myth - Same as Storm.
Life - Anyone in the duel healing (pet casting heal spells do not trigger this talent).
Death - Casting a successful drain spell.
Balance - A successful blade being casted in the duel.
I forgot to put what the spells do:

Electric Strike is like Lightning Strike, but +20% accuracy.

Focused Blade - Myth, 100% accuracy, 0 pips, +15% accuracy to next myth spell.

Astrologist
Aug 20, 2011
master of the sabe... on Dec 14, 2013 wrote:
I love this idea. any thoughts on boss's name?
Wolf RavenBreath93
Maybe "Woden Runemaster," an evil bear boss in a cave in Grizzleheim, with a set of Grendel minions who try to protect him.

And while I know this is unlikely, I think this particular boss could have a pet with "may cast" abilities--since that kind of the theme here.