Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Spirit and Elemental Shields

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 02, 2013
Is there no place in Wizard101 where I can use training points to obtain spirit and/or elemental shields? I know that Niles the Balance Tree can train you for spirit and elemental traps, but those are spells that increase your damage to enemies. I'm looking for the opposite. I want to train for spirit and elemental spells that decrease my enemies damage to me. I know you can get them through the schools, but they are usually 3rd or 4th in line; wasting many training points to obtain them. Can I not use 1 training point to get a fire/ice shield or a storm/ice shield or better yet just a training point for a fire shield or storm shield? I do not want treasure cards either. I'm looking for permanent spells I can add to my deck. Thanks

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
Not trainable. As noted on the link below, those spells are Balance Quest only.

www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Spell:Balance_School_Spells

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
SIRCH269 on Dec 10, 2013 wrote:
Is there no place in Wizard101 where I can use training points to obtain spirit and/or elemental shields? I know that Niles the Balance Tree can train you for spirit and elemental traps, but those are spells that increase your damage to enemies. I'm looking for the opposite. I want to train for spirit and elemental spells that decrease my enemies damage to me. I know you can get them through the schools, but they are usually 3rd or 4th in line; wasting many training points to obtain them. Can I not use 1 training point to get a fire/ice shield or a storm/ice shield or better yet just a training point for a fire shield or storm shield? I do not want treasure cards either. I'm looking for permanent spells I can add to my deck. Thanks
If you are not in the Balance School, you can still get the Elemental Shield or the Spirit Shield as an "item" card (with items like boots, wands, pets, etc.). These links gives more details:

http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/ItemCard:Elemental_Shield

http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/ItemCard:Spirit_Shield

On those links you can click on the highlighted items for more details ("where" to find the items, etc.).

Explorer
Apr 21, 2012
Afraid not. Those are specifically for Balance school wizards, since their weakness is the rest of the schools. So, they need those shields otherwise they would spend too much time casting shields and not being able to fight.

Hunter WillowGrove
LVL 95

Explorer
Sep 19, 2010
Sabrina Brightstar in the Commons very near to the carousel. She has trained shields.

Explorer
Jun 24, 2011
Squire
Jan 21, 2010
WiseOne70 on Dec 10, 2013 wrote:
Afraid not. Those are specifically for Balance school wizards, since their weakness is the rest of the schools. So, they need those shields otherwise they would spend too much time casting shields and not being able to fight.

Hunter WillowGrove
LVL 95
At first I thought the same thing, but the OP actually wants a spell that provides three shields at once.