Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Khrysalis Seems Kinda Off To Me

AuthorMessage
Historian
May 06, 2009
This is something I've felt about Khrysalis since Test Realm. Does anyone feel Khrysalis is just a tad bit off?
The reason I get this feeling is because of where past 2nd Arc Worlds where set up and leading to. Celestia, Zafaria, and Azteca were all worlds with Astral Magic; Light. Avalon had a very bright and cozy feeling that went with that feeling of Light, even though the Avalonians had very little contact with Astral Magic. When you looked at each of these worlds areas, they are filled with light and brightness Basically, what I'm saying is Celestia to Azteca, all these worlds had this Light element within their geographic, quest line, and theme.

Khrysalis on the other hand feels dark to me. Not necessarily in the story, at all, but the way the world looks and because of the appearance of Shadow Magic. I mean, go from Bastion to Celestia Base Camp, Baobab Crossroads, Caliburn or even look at the Zocalo before Xibalba struck. Khrysalis is noticably darker looking in coloring. And we go through all these worlds of light, and then we go to an outlier, one of darkness. Like what Diego said about Khrysalis being a dead world, I feel the essence of despair and darkness. Also the transition from Astral Magic to Shadow Magic is unnerving to me. Instead of the feeling of Sun enchanting our spells, it's the corrupted feeling of Shadow come to comfort us.

Another thing that gives me an off feeling about Khrysalis, is its theme compared to the other worlds. Think about it. When we were in Azteca, we came in contact with Dinosaurs, which are massive creatures, or when we were in Celestia, the Celestian came from a massive place of space and knowledge. Khrysalis seems small compared to that. Bugs, and mice aren't the biggest animals in the worlds. Of course, KI has proportioned them to be big, but still. It's weird to me.
Also when we came back from Xibalba, the last dungeon to Azteca, we were up in the Sky and space. I was under the impression that we would go higher into space in the next world, which lead to some reasons why I wanted Empyrea to come. It would expand upward. But Khrysalis is definitely a ground world. I feel like I was flying on a plane going up into the Sky that I'd touch stars, until I fell abruptly to the ground, shrouded by darkness. You know what I mean?

Khrysalis is not a bad world at all, it's an amazing world, but the change from the constant worlds of light to one of shadow was really weird to me. Plus having small animals for the main species when we went through all these bigger creatures is also off putting. And lastly, Khrysalis has a darker geography and look that seems so alien from what we've been exposed to prior. That's just what makes me feel Khrysalis is just a little off.

P.S.- I have a love for researching real life things and seeing how the game might have been inspired from it. Khrysalis is just 100% original to me, that I find very few real life allusions. It's kinda annoying compared to Azteca for me.

Delver
Apr 21, 2012
Cunning Finnigan S... on Dec 6, 2013 wrote:
This is something I've felt about Khrysalis since Test Realm. Does anyone feel Khrysalis is just a tad bit off?
The reason I get this feeling is because of where past 2nd Arc Worlds where set up and leading to. Celestia, Zafaria, and Azteca were all worlds with Astral Magic; Light. Avalon had a very bright and cozy feeling that went with that feeling of Light, even though the Avalonians had very little contact with Astral Magic. When you looked at each of these worlds areas, they are filled with light and brightness Basically, what I'm saying is Celestia to Azteca, all these worlds had this Light element within their geographic, quest line, and theme.

Khrysalis on the other hand feels dark to me. Not necessarily in the story, at all, but the way the world looks and because of the appearance of Shadow Magic. I mean, go from Bastion to Celestia Base Camp, Baobab Crossroads, Caliburn or even look at the Zocalo before Xibalba struck. Khrysalis is noticably darker looking in coloring. And we go through all these worlds of light, and then we go to an outlier, one of darkness. Like what Diego said about Khrysalis being a dead world, I feel the essence of despair and darkness. Also the transition from Astral Magic to Shadow Magic is unnerving to me. Instead of the feeling of Sun enchanting our spells, it's the corrupted feeling of Shadow come to comfort us.

Another thing that gives me an off feeling about Khrysalis, is its theme compared to the other worlds. Think about it. When we were in Azteca, we came in contact with Dinosaurs, which are massive creatures, or when we were in Celestia, the Celestian came from a massive place of space and knowledge. Khrysalis seems small compared to that. Bugs, and mice aren't the biggest animals in the worlds. Of course, KI has proportioned them to be big, but still. It's weird to me.
Also when we came back from Xibalba, the last dungeon to Azteca, we were up in the Sky and space. I was under the impression that we would go higher into space in the next world, which lead to some reasons why I wanted Empyrea to come. It would expand upward. But Khrysalis is definitely a ground world. I feel like I was flying on a plane going up into the Sky that I'd touch stars, until I fell abruptly to the ground, shrouded by darkness. You know what I mean?

Khrysalis is not a bad world at all, it's an amazing world, but the change from the constant worlds of light to one of shadow was really weird to me. Plus having small animals for the main species when we went through all these bigger creatures is also off putting. And lastly, Khrysalis has a darker geography and look that seems so alien from what we've been exposed to prior. That's just what makes me feel Khrysalis is just a little off.

P.S.- I have a love for researching real life things and seeing how the game might have been inspired from it. Khrysalis is just 100% original to me, that I find very few real life allusions. It's kinda annoying compared to Azteca for me.
Khrysalis is the home of shadow magic, and Morganthe, the Shadow Queen, I'd be surprised if it wasn't dark, it is the home of one of the greatest evils in the Spiral. And the whole 'scaling up small creatures' is nothing new, there was Marleybone, Krokotopia, Mooshu, all of them are mostly populated by animals. Even in Azteca there were giant birds.

Mastermind
Jun 01, 2009
Khrysalis is a land of dark and shadow, corrupted into evil by Morganthe, it was once light and comforting, and perhaps will be once more at the end of khrysalis. Also, the appearance of all small creatures, is quite normal if you consider things. Morganthe is referred to as the spider, hence the appearance of bugs in her world. Perhaps the mice were added because they wanted an animal almost proportionate to the size of the bugs. Or maybe they wanted a really cute animal. All those adorable little mice <3, so cute.

-Jasmine Owltalon, level 95 myth

Defender
Jan 31, 2010
I'd say you get a different feeling of Bastion and the Silent Market after the Eclipse Tower... Personally, I like post-eclipse tower Bastion and Silent Market better than pre-eclipse tower... Then there is also the area between where we come into the last wood, known as The Burn, and Camp Havoc.... It is full of nature, completely untouched by Morganthe's evil...

Survivor
Feb 16, 2010
I feel as though I have to agree. The world does seem off. Not really wiard101-y. I don't know much about the astral and all that firsthand because I'm only on stone town(however, I read the wiki A LOT). But, based off the concept art, it doesn't seem like wizard101. The actual world however does seem like wizard101 to me, but not quite as much as other worlds. It's weird.