Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Need advice on gift

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 30, 2013
Hi all,

I'd like to buy my son something from the crown shop for Christmas. Not knowing much about this game, I'm asking the experts here to weigh on with opinions on what would be good. He's a level 45 Death Wizard, and he enjoys PvP, though he mostly gets smoked. He's never had any crowns, or crown bought items. He does have a permanent mount (broom), a house (cottage) and the bunny pet. Of these, I'd think he'd most enjoy a pet upgrade. A 2 player mount would also light him up. If it matters, he likes to garden, but not craft.

We try to limit his play, so end game is not a major concern.

I've looked at the current bundles, and I really don't know how to gauge them against each other. Plus, other vendors have bundles not available of the official site, making choosing one even more difficult. I could just buy him crowns, but I thought I'd ask here first.

Thanks in advance, and happy holidays!

Defender
Apr 17, 2009
For level 45 I would say the Overlord Set, from the crown shop (Gear) If he is you should get him a life mastery, If he is he wont need it, If he isn't going to go past level 50+ any time soon, buy him the Benevolent Knife in the crown shop along with the Band of Aid also in the crown shop, as for pets I recommend these for certain schools as a great start off pet:
Golden Ram
Lil' Siren/Spinyfish
Samoorai
Tarantula Hark
Any other school i'm sorry I can't help you, These would be good things to start him off both in PvE and PvP and he will love it! Hope he is happy, That's the best gear I could come up with for level 45.
Level 95Miguel(PvP Veteran)
Level 95Miguel(PvP Warlord)
Level 40Miguel(PvP Knight)

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
I would say the Pagoda Gauntlet or Winterbane Gauntlet card is a good gift for anyone at any level. Both come with a private dungeon that your son can play with friends in his house at any level. They drop items and pets unique to each and items and difficulty increase as the player increases level. Both also come with a full set of gear that offers decent boosts for any school. They also come with a pet and mount and 5000 crowns so he can also pick stuff from the store that he wants.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
The Majestic Bundle online is also a good option. It gives a house that has a personal pvp area for him and his friends to practice against each other. A 2 person dragon mount. A full set of good universal boost gear. A strange beast pet. The Horn of Plenty (a table that gives players free gifts once a day, like gold, treasure cards, regents, seeds and pet snacks). 5000 crowns too.

Hero
Aug 23, 2009
I'd suggest one of the gauntlet cards, either pagoda or winterbane, due to it having the private dungeon housing item. It can give rewards all the time from gear, pets, reagents, housing items, and pet snacks. In addition he would get a set of gear, pet and mount that come with the card and 5,000 crowns.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
I dont know what your intention to spend is (and I dont need to know either), but I would say if you can afford the bundles others have pointed out, that's the best thing. He'd get:

Gear
Pet
Possible Dungeon for his house
Crowns - to go on a shopping spree and buy what he wants.

In this case, the crowns are the gift that keeps on giving. I know that the cards sold in stores (like the Winterbane gift card) can be hard to find. If you're going to do that, look in Walmart back where the video game section is. That's where I was able to find it.

Survivor
Aug 30, 2013
Thanks for the feedback, glad I asked. I went with the Pagoda Gauntlet, which I wouldn't have even known about if not for this thread.

Y'all are the best, Merry Christmas!

Defender
Aug 26, 2011
Pagoda and Winterbane gauntlet gift cards are a good place to start, and buying evil magma pea seeds can get you mega snacks if you wanted to train pets faster.

Gabriel Ashcaller