Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

How in the world did I get this talent?

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Aug 21, 2009
Hello everyone!

I hatched a Sea Dragon with a Lil' Siren.

Sea Dragon's Talents:

Pip o' Plenty
Sharp-Shot
Pain-Giver
Spell-Proof
Spritely

Lil' Siren's Talents:

Spell-Defy
Unicorn
Pain-Giver
Spell-Proof
Fairy Friend

I got a Lil' Siren as a result from the hatch.

Can someone care to explain how in the world I got DEATH-GIVER as a talent when the Siren got to Teen?

Thank you.

Survivor
Feb 02, 2013
Though it is more likely to get the talents the pets learned, sometimes it isn't that way. The talent was in one of your pets, they just had not yet learned it.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Omiguy on Nov 22, 2013 wrote:
Hello everyone!

Sea Dragon's Talents:

Pip o' Plenty
Sharp-Shot
Pain-Giver
Spell-Proof
Spritely

Lil' Siren's Talents:

Spell-Defy
Unicorn
Pain-Giver
Spell-Proof
Fairy Friend

Can someone care to explain how in the world I got DEATH-GIVER as a talent when the Siren got to Teen?

Thank you.
If both parents were first generation, I have no idea how this talent got there. Below are the possible talents for both pets:

http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Pet:Sea_Dragon

http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Pet:Li%27l_Siren

neither mentions Death at all.. weird

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Omiguy on Nov 22, 2013 wrote:
Hello everyone!

Sea Dragon's Talents:

Pip o' Plenty
Sharp-Shot
Pain-Giver
Spell-Proof
Spritely

Lil' Siren's Talents:

Spell-Defy
Unicorn
Pain-Giver
Spell-Proof
Fairy Friend

Thank you.
very easily. Your Lil' Siren is clearly hatched being that Defy and Proof aren't in her talents. She clearly carries Death Giver as one of her 10 talents from one of her parents. Just because you only learn 5 talents doesn't mean you only carry those 5 "genes". Every pet has 10 possible talents and learns 5. When you hatch, the baby gets 5 of those 10 from each parent. An example of this in my pets... I got a Betta Fish from the card. Trained it to Mega. It never got Healing Current (which is why I wanted it). It took me 5 hatches, but eventually I got Healing Current to show up, because I could see that Epic talent slot was still there.

Explorer
Jun 26, 2013
I do know a lot about pets in this game. The only explanation for this incident happening is if one of these pets hatched with a death pet or a pet with this particular talent.

Sarah SparkleCloud Lvl.Pet Warlord

Defender
Apr 19, 2010
I've had the same thing happen to me. I hatched a blaze beast with my tricky dragon. Here are their talents:

Blaze Beasts Talents:
MC Sprite
MC Unicorn
Spell Proof
MC Fairy
Spell Defy

Tricky Dragons Talents:
MC Sprite
MC Fairy
Sharp-shot
Spell proof

The resulting pet was a blaze beast with 73 pedigree. Now, I got the pet to epic with the following talents:
Sharp-shot
Spell Proof
MC Fairy
Spell Defy
And then at Mega, which I would have thought spritely would manifest, I got MC Smokescreen! I kept thinking how'd I get that talent