Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

The startling rise of Balance in level 90 PvP

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 30, 2011
Today as far as level 90s leaderboard this is which schools rule and which school do not.
1.Balance 11 wizards 29.7% share up 1 place
2.Storm 8 21.6% down one place
3.Ice and Life 6 16.2% Life up 1, Ice no change
5. Fire 3 8.1% no change in rank but percent share & number of fire wiz on here has dropped
6.Myth 2 5.4% no change except in share
7.Death 1 2.7% no rank change down one wizard and decline in share
Total : 37
Balance is first which just proves that new gear with way more universal block and increased ways to defend against balance are necessary. Apparently all they have to do in the arena to win is sit there and spam their crafted spells and have doom out the whole match to win.
As it stands here are the schools ranked by spells they have craftable, dropped or winnable from a boss
1.Balance
2.Life,Ice & Myth & Death
6. Fire & storm
In the World of non quest spells by KI all schools are not created equal. O yea and i forgot to add that the newest non quest spell the loremaster has TWO spell effects the only school to have such a power in the form of a non quest spell. Originally Balance was the underdog school of PvP and ranked lowly in terms of PvP leaders. However you can tell by the leaderboard that balance has changed one of the worst schools to THE BEST school. There is a problem in that balance has the best non quest spells & that it has incredibly useful spells such as power nova and mana burn & the ability to have good heal boosts and good chance to critical that heal. Balance makes up about 30% OF ALL level 90s on the leaderboard which means that about one out of three level 90 wizards over 1500 rank is balance which is completely biased on KI part and show that KI has helped Balance way too much.
2. Storm has declined in number of wizards on the leaderboard and fallen to #2 and it's share has dropped. That sounds bad right? WRONG! Storm is doing way better than ok in the arena and still more than one in five level 90 wizards over 1500 rank is storm. On a more positive not Storm has the least non quest spells shared & neither storm nor fire gets a effect on their crafted spells.

3 & 4 Life somehow managed to bring more level 90 wizards to the leaderboard bringing them back to 3rd. No comment on Ice.

5. Fire, fire has the least useful crafted spells and got a nerf on the crafted hat damage from avalalon to azteca
& like storm it only has one crafted spell and it has no effect. Not only that but fire's crafted spell is weaker than myth's doing only 110 damage per pip for a one hit while myth gets to do 128 damage per pip. Fire and storm need to be getting more crafted spells as well as better ones with effects and fire need a damage upgrade on spell and gear damage. Fire has no spell just dedicated to healing. even while storm a less healy school gets one.

6. Myth No comment on myth

Death Death apparently just gets weaker the stronger life gets. Life is too strong for death & that needs changing

Brandon Ironblade level 90

Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
Ok your chart is interesting, but I think it doesn't
really represent the facts of how bad Balance really
is in PvP.

You have total numbers, but lets break this down and look
at just the Top Level 90 players, that are in the
top 500 players on the Boards. There is only 14
level 88-90 players in the top 500.

Ok, here is the listing of the top Level 90 players on
the boards (in the top 500 players), with their rank.

1. Ice 90, Ranked #1.
2. Myth 90, Ranked #65.
3. Ice 90, Ranked #98.
4. Ice 88, Ranked #134.
5. Fire 90, Ranked #135
6. Fire 90, Ranked #168
7. Life 90, Ranked #262
8. Life 90, Ranked #282
9. Storm 90, Ranked #283
10 Balance 90, Ranked only #295.
11 Life 90, Ranked #396
12 Storm 90, Ranked #441
13 Ice 90, Ranked #474
14 Life 90, Ranked #486

(The list above shows all level 90 in the top 500).
So, lets redo the chart on the top 500 data.

Ice = 4 = 28.5 percent.
Life = 4 = 28.5 percent.
Storm = 2 = 14.3 percent.
Fire = 2 = 14.3 percent.
Myth = 1 = 7.2 percent.
Balance = 1 = 7.2 percent.
Death = 0 = Zero percent.

Where is death, not one Level 90 death in the top 500.....

(Also noting that Balance is at the bottom of the top 10).
Balance Level 88-90 only holds 1 place in the top 500 players.
I wouldn't call that over powered by any means.
Just saying, you can represent the data anyway you want,
but it doesn't always show the real data.

justanoob.

Mastermind
Jan 23, 2011
bran4971 on Oct 18, 2013 wrote:
Today as far as level 90s leaderboard this is which schools rule and which school do not.
1.Balance 11 wizards 29.7% share up 1 place
2.Storm 8 21.6% down one place
3.Ice and Life 6 16.2% Life up 1, Ice no change
5. Fire 3 8.1% no change in rank but percent share & number of fire wiz on here has dropped
6.Myth 2 5.4% no change except in share
7.Death 1 2.7% no rank change down one wizard and decline in share
Total : 37
Balance is first which just proves that new gear with way more universal block and increased ways to defend against balance are necessary. Apparently all they have to do in the arena to win is sit there and spam their crafted spells and have doom out the whole match to win.
As it stands here are the schools ranked by spells they have craftable, dropped or winnable from a boss
1.Balance
2.Life,Ice & Myth & Death
6. Fire & storm
In the World of non quest spells by KI all schools are not created equal. O yea and i forgot to add that the newest non quest spell the loremaster has TWO spell effects the only school to have such a power in the form of a non quest spell. Originally Balance was the underdog school of PvP and ranked lowly in terms of PvP leaders. However you can tell by the leaderboard that balance has changed one of the worst schools to THE BEST school. There is a problem in that balance has the best non quest spells & that it has incredibly useful spells such as power nova and mana burn & the ability to have good heal boosts and good chance to critical that heal. Balance makes up about 30% OF ALL level 90s on the leaderboard which means that about one out of three level 90 wizards over 1500 rank is balance which is completely biased on KI part and show that KI has helped Balance way too much.
2. Storm has declined in number of wizards on the leaderboard and fallen to #2 and it's share has dropped. That sounds bad right? WRONG! Storm is doing way better than ok in the arena and still more than one in five level 90 wizards over 1500 rank is storm. On a more positive not Storm has the least non quest spells shared & neither storm nor fire gets a effect on their crafted spells.

3 & 4 Life somehow managed to bring more level 90 wizards to the leaderboard bringing them back to 3rd. No comment on Ice.

5. Fire, fire has the least useful crafted spells and got a nerf on the crafted hat damage from avalalon to azteca
& like storm it only has one crafted spell and it has no effect. Not only that but fire's crafted spell is weaker than myth's doing only 110 damage per pip for a one hit while myth gets to do 128 damage per pip. Fire and storm need to be getting more crafted spells as well as better ones with effects and fire need a damage upgrade on spell and gear damage. Fire has no spell just dedicated to healing. even while storm a less healy school gets one.

6. Myth No comment on myth

Death Death apparently just gets weaker the stronger life gets. Life is too strong for death & that needs changing

Brandon Ironblade level 90
Nice post and I agree with you. Fire and storm school have the least amount of crafting spells and need more. Storm's catalan cost 5 pips and does 690 storm damage which is decent damage for a storm spell. Fire's Brimestone Revenant is weak with a pip cost of 4 and doing 440 fire damage. If balance is going to receive awesome crafting spells like loremaster that costs like 4 pips(sorry if I'm mistaken) and does 640 balance damage and has two other special effects then the other schools need really good crafting spells. Each school should also receive an even amount of crafting spells.

Luke Thunderflame lvl 90

Squire
Mar 07, 2011
Only 37 level 90s in the top 1000 players????

I think that statistic speaks for itself. So sad what they did to Promethean PvP.

My level 90 balance is just collecting dust.

Valkoor Moondust

Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
stormninja542 on Oct 29, 2013 wrote:
Nice post and I agree with you. Fire and storm school have the least amount of crafting spells and need more. Storm's catalan cost 5 pips and does 690 storm damage which is decent damage for a storm spell. Fire's Brimestone Revenant is weak with a pip cost of 4 and doing 440 fire damage. If balance is going to receive awesome crafting spells like loremaster that costs like 4 pips(sorry if I'm mistaken) and does 640 balance damage and has two other special effects then the other schools need really good crafting spells. Each school should also receive an even amount of crafting spells.

Luke Thunderflame lvl 90
Luke,

You have a few errors listed above, first off, LoreMaster is not a craftable spell. You can only get it from
the LoreMaster herself, and it's a very rare drop. Example, I fought her for over two months, two hours a
day, through the entire summer. I never got the spell, I got a life spell, a death spell, a Myth spell, but I
never got the LoreMaster Spell, so it's hard, very hard to get dropped.

Second item is the damage that the LoreMaster spell does, it's 390 - 470 for four pips. Since it can hit
390 three times in a row, (which I have seen), I would perfer to have the Fire spell that does a solid 440.
The -20 weakness is nice, but that and the -35 Accuracy can be wanded off in one turn.
I have even watched Balance players try to Spam this spell, and I don't consider it a great spell.
Most players Accuracy is 92 or above, so the -35 seldom causes a problem for most players.

I don't think that it's fair to point at a spell and say that this is a great spell. You have to look at the wizard
and what they can do. Fire has no problem with Shields at all, Link, Power link, Fire elf, etc, they can
remove shields without an issue at all. Not the case with Balance, they have no way to remove stacked
shields.
Fire has a 2 pip aura, while Balance has a 4 pips aura that helps the other players.
So, when players compare wizards or the spells, they need to look at all the parts, to make a
fair comparison.

Justanoob.

Mastermind
Jan 23, 2011
Veracity8 on Oct 30, 2013 wrote:
Luke,

You have a few errors listed above, first off, LoreMaster is not a craftable spell. You can only get it from
the LoreMaster herself, and it's a very rare drop. Example, I fought her for over two months, two hours a
day, through the entire summer. I never got the spell, I got a life spell, a death spell, a Myth spell, but I
never got the LoreMaster Spell, so it's hard, very hard to get dropped.

Second item is the damage that the LoreMaster spell does, it's 390 - 470 for four pips. Since it can hit
390 three times in a row, (which I have seen), I would perfer to have the Fire spell that does a solid 440.
The -20 weakness is nice, but that and the -35 Accuracy can be wanded off in one turn.
I have even watched Balance players try to Spam this spell, and I don't consider it a great spell.
Most players Accuracy is 92 or above, so the -35 seldom causes a problem for most players.

I don't think that it's fair to point at a spell and say that this is a great spell. You have to look at the wizard
and what they can do. Fire has no problem with Shields at all, Link, Power link, Fire elf, etc, they can
remove shields without an issue at all. Not the case with Balance, they have no way to remove stacked
shields.
Fire has a 2 pip aura, while Balance has a 4 pips aura that helps the other players.
So, when players compare wizards or the spells, they need to look at all the parts, to make a
fair comparison.

Justanoob.
Oh ok sorry about that lol. Anyway I still think that each school should at least receive an even amount of crafting spells(or bonus spells like loremaster). Loremaster probably is a very rare spell but it can be obtained and like I said each school should be able to obtain the same number of bonus spells for their school. Yes with skill you can defeat anyone no matter how many spells they have but having a more variety of spells does give you an advantage.

Luke Thunderflame lvl 90