Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

a new spell for balance

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 21, 2011
I am a wizard and i think they should have a spirit blast they have a elemental blast why not spirit it's just not right!

Delver
Mar 17, 2011
jacob wraith70 on Oct 17, 2013 wrote:
I am a wizard and i think they should have a spirit blast they have a elemental blast why not spirit it's just not right!
because you not life
and you guys get heals and all are school hits so I really don't think you need spirit blast because are school fire life storm myth ice death have all are own spell if you had that then it be not fair they make have there own spell just like ice has snow drift and fire has dragon storm had storm lord life has spirit blast death has scare crow and myth has the power to take away blades and stuff you class can hit with any school heal and you guys have all the blocks and also have all the blades so I think it fair that you guys don't have that
I am a wizard

Defender
Jul 26, 2012
I agree! There is currently a pet in the game, a Harpy, that gives an item card of the spell you are describing. It's called "Spirit Blast". It works just like Spectral Blast, only it does either Life, Death, or Myth damage.

Similar to how we have Hydra (Elemental) and Chimera (Spirit) I think we should learn Spirit Blast as a regular spell to complement Spectral Blast.

Survivor
Dec 21, 2011
I looked up harpy and you have to get it to an adult or was it epic? well ether way you have to train a pet and i just don't like the idea

Champion
Jan 27, 2010
Defender
Jul 26, 2012
jacob wraith70 on Oct 21, 2013 wrote:
I looked up harpy and you have to get it to an adult or was it epic? well ether way you have to train a pet and i just don't like the idea
Well, what I was getting at is that such a spell already exists, but Balance wizards can't learn in naturally. I was agreeing with you and suggesting that the Spirit Blast spell that the Harpy has should be trainable by all Balance wizards without needing the pet.

Since the spell exists already, it would be a pretty easy change to add. They've already made a card and animated the spell and everything. All they need to do is make it trainable from somewhere.

Mastermind
Jun 02, 2013
Actually, you already have one. It's called 'Chimera', and does ,, and damage. So it's really just a higher-hitting-spirit-version of Hydra, but still, Hydra is better than Elemental Blast.

Defender
Jul 26, 2012
SoupWizard64 on Oct 22, 2013 wrote:
Actually, you already have one. It's called 'Chimera', and does ,, and damage. So it's really just a higher-hitting-spirit-version of Hydra, but still, Hydra is better than Elemental Blast.
Actually, poor Hydra isn't that great of a spell. Dealing only 570 total damage for 6 pips is pretty unimpressive, and right off the bat makes it slightly weaker than Judgement. Using Elemental Blade and Elemental Trap each cost a pip as well, requiring a total of 8 pips or more if you want to boost it with those. Whenever you try to compare the damage of Hydra to the Damage of Judgement using the same number of pips, Hydra always seems to fall behind.

Most Balance wizards I know actually prefer Spectral Blast over Hydra when fighting Balance monsters. 330 to 550 damage for only 4 pips is a much better bang for your buck. On top that it is easier to use traps (like Hex) with Spectral Blast because it is a single hit. In many cases a 4 pip Spectral Blast can be better than Judgement, and overall a superior spell to Hydra.

What the OP is asking for is not just a spell that does Spirit damage, but a spell that does Spirit damage in the same manner as Spectral Blast. In other words, it is randomly selected and does a single hit. Chimera is actually a pretty useful spell, but it is very high-leveled and is a triple hitter like Hydra. It would be cool to have a Spirit Blast for the sake of variety. After all, Sorcerers are supposed to be a rather flexible class and should have many different spells for many different situations.

Survivor
Dec 21, 2011