Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

changeable difficulty of dungeons concept

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Aug 06, 2008
Hello everyone!
So I was just thinking today that it would be very cool if there was an option to choose the difficulty of dungeons, at least the main ones, and in turn affect the rewards. For example, I think that there should be the options of standard and extreme. When choosing the extreme option when entering the dungeon, the enemies becoming exponentially stronger, but the high level reward drop chance also increases greatly. So when entering waterworks for example and choosing extreme, on average of taking 4 level 60's to beat, it would now take 4 level 85's or 90's to beat, but the reward chances were much higher of achieving mastery amulets or such. I think this would be an extremely easy thing to implement and would increase more options for game play. I think it would be cool to put it on all dungeons, but at a minimum, the following dungeons would be cool with this:
Waterworks, Tartarus, Atlantea, Mount olympus, and the Zafaria main dungeon that gives 2 pixie snacks (can't remember name of dungeon).

Most of these dungeons I mention above, particularly Tartaus and waterworks, are fun, but it becomes a grueling and boring task to grind them over and over and over for drops like Hades and Zeus gear, amulet of divine influence, and mastery amulets. Water works is a joke at level 90 storm, and tartarus is extremely easy with my team now to the point where we can finish in 20-25 minutes. I spend quite a degree of time on these 2 dungeons with many many hours, and I'd love to be able to make them a bit more challenging but increase the drop rates or even additional drops. Anyway just my input, sorry it was a bit lengthy!
-Adam Seafist lvl 90

Defender
Jun 24, 2009
Thunder2Hound on Oct 7, 2013 wrote:
Hello everyone!
So I was just thinking today that it would be very cool if there was an option to choose the difficulty of dungeons, at least the main ones, and in turn affect the rewards. For example, I think that there should be the options of standard and extreme. When choosing the extreme option when entering the dungeon, the enemies becoming exponentially stronger, but the high level reward drop chance also increases greatly. So when entering waterworks for example and choosing extreme, on average of taking 4 level 60's to beat, it would now take 4 level 85's or 90's to beat, but the reward chances were much higher of achieving mastery amulets or such. I think this would be an extremely easy thing to implement and would increase more options for game play. I think it would be cool to put it on all dungeons, but at a minimum, the following dungeons would be cool with this:
Waterworks, Tartarus, Atlantea, Mount olympus, and the Zafaria main dungeon that gives 2 pixie snacks (can't remember name of dungeon).

Most of these dungeons I mention above, particularly Tartaus and waterworks, are fun, but it becomes a grueling and boring task to grind them over and over and over for drops like Hades and Zeus gear, amulet of divine influence, and mastery amulets. Water works is a joke at level 90 storm, and tartarus is extremely easy with my team now to the point where we can finish in 20-25 minutes. I spend quite a degree of time on these 2 dungeons with many many hours, and I'd love to be able to make them a bit more challenging but increase the drop rates or even additional drops. Anyway just my input, sorry it was a bit lengthy!
-Adam Seafist lvl 90
I'll be honest here. Right now I wouldn't be using this in any way shape or form. However I can think of quite a few wizards who would welcome the challenge and I know that once I managed to get past it the few times and felt comfortable in it, I'd also be welcoming the challenge. I say I hope this gets in and great idea!