Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Jade Gear no longer gives easy win

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 30, 2011
This is how the schools line up according to the pvp leaderboard for level 90 wizards
1.Storm 11/40 27.5% share change since last time - no change
2.Balance 9/40 22.5% up 2 places
3.Ice 7/40 17.5% down 1 place
4.Life 5/40 12.5% down 2 places
5.Fire 4/40 10% up 1 place
6.Myth 3/40 7.5% up 1 place
7.Death 2/40 5% no change
Pretty surprising stats up there right? Storm is 1st on the board, which is not really surprising given the insane damages and critical they have that no one else has close to. A problem seeing as storm has a very solid lead of 2 wizards the same as all the deaths on the leaderboard. Balance is second, not really a surprise there seeing as their powers of mana burn and power nova plus many useful crafted spells. Not only that but high damage plus critical spam with doom is a deadly to go against from any position in the ring. Ice is third down from second last time. Shows that piercing and easy high critical has definitely affected the Ice school in a negative way. Life is 4th place down from second place which it shared with Ice last time. The new piercing and critical gear has moved life down from a great pvp school to an average one which is not surprising seeing as now that life cannot just pick up jade gear and lots of healing and earth for an easy win anymore even with the reshuffle update.

Fire is now 5th place with the new gear and is now a less than average pvp school. Scary considering the large number of fires out there. Fire is finally seeing a modest gain with the new gear but believe me fire still needs a lot more help in this next world that is said ''to rock w101 to its core.'' A good way to start that is to give fire back its specialties, DOTs and its big damage which took a huge hit from the factors of triage, low gear damage for fire, low spell damage for the supposed second hardest hitting school, and the huge resist we just now seeing a resolution for. Myth is 6th and remains one of the best pvp schools given the low number of myth wizards out there myth is doing well compared to other schools. Death is surprisingly last on the leaderboards with just 2 wizards on the leaderboard. Death has been affected harshly by the wide variety of removing DOTs which it is second only to fire in # of DOTs. Whether or not Death is a bad pvp school however remains to be confirmed.

Brandon Ironblade Level 90
Note: my school has in no way affected my views of the current state of fire in pvp or of pvp. My views of pvp and the schools can and will be backed up by the pvp leaderboard and by other people.

Defender
Aug 26, 2011
interesting report.

Gabriel Ashcaller level 76 warlord

Survivor
Aug 18, 2009
Defender
Apr 07, 2011
bran4971 on Oct 6, 2013 wrote:
This is how the schools line up according to the pvp leaderboard for level 90 wizards
1.Storm 11/40 27.5% share change since last time - no change
2.Balance 9/40 22.5% up 2 places
3.Ice 7/40 17.5% down 1 place
4.Life 5/40 12.5% down 2 places
5.Fire 4/40 10% up 1 place
6.Myth 3/40 7.5% up 1 place
7.Death 2/40 5% no change
Pretty surprising stats up there right? Storm is 1st on the board, which is not really surprising given the insane damages and critical they have that no one else has close to. A problem seeing as storm has a very solid lead of 2 wizards the same as all the deaths on the leaderboard. Balance is second, not really a surprise there seeing as their powers of mana burn and power nova plus many useful crafted spells. Not only that but high damage plus critical spam with doom is a deadly to go against from any position in the ring. Ice is third down from second last time. Shows that piercing and easy high critical has definitely affected the Ice school in a negative way. Life is 4th place down from second place which it shared with Ice last time. The new piercing and critical gear has moved life down from a great pvp school to an average one which is not surprising seeing as now that life cannot just pick up jade gear and lots of healing and earth for an easy win anymore even with the reshuffle update.

Fire is now 5th place with the new gear and is now a less than average pvp school. Scary considering the large number of fires out there. Fire is finally seeing a modest gain with the new gear but believe me fire still needs a lot more help in this next world that is said ''to rock w101 to its core.'' A good way to start that is to give fire back its specialties, DOTs and its big damage which took a huge hit from the factors of triage, low gear damage for fire, low spell damage for the supposed second hardest hitting school, and the huge resist we just now seeing a resolution for. Myth is 6th and remains one of the best pvp schools given the low number of myth wizards out there myth is doing well compared to other schools. Death is surprisingly last on the leaderboards with just 2 wizards on the leaderboard. Death has been affected harshly by the wide variety of removing DOTs which it is second only to fire in # of DOTs. Whether or not Death is a bad pvp school however remains to be confirmed.

Brandon Ironblade Level 90
Note: my school has in no way affected my views of the current state of fire in pvp or of pvp. My views of pvp and the schools can and will be backed up by the pvp leaderboard and by other people.
Very nice report. An addition that compares your list to a list containing the most popular schools in order would be nice. As I know the most favored school atm is storm, that can explain its first place. The more players choose a specific class, the more players can expertise in it. This makes sense, isnt it?