Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Stubborn Wizards In Pet Hatchery!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 26, 2011
Pet training is hard, and only starts with a good pet with 62 pedigree or higher. I always see stubborn wizards not willing to help out those who are looking for that ideal pet that casts sprite & unicorn and has that double resist and damage. You always see wizards with 72 pedigree rain beetle at MEGA with the may cast Sprite/Fairy & Unicorn and has that resist and damage booster, and is still unwilling to hatch with a person that may not have that ideal pet. All I am asking is to please, please show those wizards respect and CONSIDER hatching with them.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
IAmATrueWizard on Oct 1, 2013 wrote:
Pet training is hard, and only starts with a good pet with 62 pedigree or higher. I always see stubborn wizards not willing to help out those who are looking for that ideal pet that casts sprite & unicorn and has that double resist and damage. You always see wizards with 72 pedigree rain beetle at MEGA with the may cast Sprite/Fairy & Unicorn and has that resist and damage booster, and is still unwilling to hatch with a person that may not have that ideal pet. All I am asking is to please, please show those wizards respect and CONSIDER hatching with them.
Hatching costs a ridiculous amount of gold as does training. Perhaps those people don't have 40,000 gold to throw away on a pet they don't need or want. They aren't being stubborn - it is our choice and the choice to say 'no' should be respected.

Delver
Mar 10, 2009
I agree, If I happen to be heavy in gold and do not have a current hatching plan going, I am always more than happy to help someone hatch a better pet. It's called paying it forward folks. Someone had to help you get your pet and it is only right to share that generosity with others. We all benefited from a kind hatching wizard at one point. Let's spread that kindness back to the newer hatching wizards, ok?

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Oct 2, 2013 wrote:
I agree, If I happen to be heavy in gold and do not have a current hatching plan going, I am always more than happy to help someone hatch a better pet. It's called paying it forward folks. Someone had to help you get your pet and it is only right to share that generosity with others. We all benefited from a kind hatching wizard at one point. Let's spread that kindness back to the newer hatching wizards, ok?
Well that sounds good. And if I "can" do it because I have enough gold and the right pet trained to "adult" at least, then it is still my choice to do it or not. I don't think it is being unkind or selfish if I choose not to do it.

Defender
Aug 20, 2008
I'm going to agree with RavenLady777 on this one. The fact is that hatching costs something for the wizard who has that perfect or near-perfect pet that you want to try and duplicate. It costs a whole bunch of gold coins, and it costs him or her the use of a hatching timer; not to mention that it also burdens that wizard with a pet that he or she most likely does not want or need.

It would be easier to be "generous" about hatching with anybody and everybody if none of the above factors were true, but they are true. I don't begrudge anyone for choosing to (politely) refuse a hatching request from me.

If you really want to encourage a wizard with a better pet to hatch with you, when you know that your pet has little or nothing to offer that wizard in return, then you might consider whether you could pull together a bunch of treasure cards worth 10,000 or 20,000 or 40,000 (by luck, gardening, or crafting) and offer them as a payment for hatching with you. If the hatch won't cost him an arm and a leg (because he can sell the treasure cards you gave him) then you might have a better shot at getting a "yes" from him.

Defender
Apr 17, 2009
It's not that they are stubborn, It's that its hard to dedicate helping some get a perfect pet, my friend told me to count how many hatches it takes me to get a perfect pet with him, I am currently at 23, closest to perfect I've gone is when it failed at Epic with "May Cast Tower Shield" but, take into consideration the cost of that gold, that's around 23x44,000=1012000 gold! That's right, It's very very costly, and they don't want to spend that much on a random player they just met, befriend a good player, and become good friends with him, and both of you can start to earn good pets from each other, or try to get with good talents, and stop training it adult so you can hatch.
Point is, They aren't stubborn, It's costly. [Thats not taking into consideration all the gold I've spent on OTHER pets while training those, AND the pet snacks]

Survivor
Sep 23, 2013
If all the people are being stubborn than get one of your friends to hatch with. I would hatch with you but I don't have adult pet yet. All the wizards probably don't want to waste theyre coins on something they already have. Hope you understand.

Mastermind
Oct 11, 2010
thats what friends are for right? i donate hatches and just toss the egg in the trash. make friends farm with them get some hatches

Geographer
Nov 26, 2011
I completely agree. Someone helped you get your pet. All pets with excellent talents started from first generation pets. So, we should help those in need of a good pet.

Survivor
Aug 29, 2013
"Stubborn" wizards don't anger me. The type of people that infuriate me are those that say "I only hatch for an Evil Magma Peas/Mega Snack Pack/Life Mastery Amulet/Anything worth 5k+ crowns".

Survivor
Dec 11, 2010
ok I agree it is hard to get a good pet and if I not looking for something and I have gold then yes I will hatch if it not first generation and hasn't got a selfish on it (cause then it will not come back for them as it usually does) but you must respect that it does cost us a lot of gold to get our pet to that and we do not want to waste our gold on something that they may get I have people on the field that say that's a great pet cause mine heals all the time but that does not mean that they are going to get the same results remember that it is totally random and get sick and tired of the complaints afterward that their pet did not get the talents they wanted so you rehatch and they still didn't get it that costs gold that could be used elsewhere those of us that are regulars at the hatchery do help out when we can afford it so please give us some slack

Survivor
Sep 07, 2013
RavenLady777 on Oct 2, 2013 wrote:
Hatching costs a ridiculous amount of gold as does training. Perhaps those people don't have 40,000 gold to throw away on a pet they don't need or want. They aren't being stubborn - it is our choice and the choice to say 'no' should be respected.
yup yup and i'm tired of people with piggles lol most of the time not even trained lol spamming me with hatch and friend requests. If your pet is below 70 pedigree, idw see you in the hatchery. lol

Illuminator
May 22, 2009
lonedivine on Oct 9, 2013 wrote:
yup yup and i'm tired of people with piggles lol most of the time not even trained lol spamming me with hatch and friend requests. If your pet is below 70 pedigree, idw see you in the hatchery. lol
Yes, it is annoying when people spam you for hatching requests, but you can change that in the privacy settings.

The part of your post that struck a nerve with me is the fact you are basically saying (even if you are joking), that you don't want to see someone in hatchery if their pet pedigree is below 70.

Hmm, my better pets have had pedigrees BELOW 70.

Currently, my fire wizards has a wild claw pet with a pedigree of 59. Ok, laugh if you want about that 'low' pedigree. This is why she uses a pet with such a low pedigree.

Spritely
Fairy Friend
Spell Proof
Unicorn
Pain Giver

I got Unicorn at Mega...was hoping for defy. So far, this pet has been a healing beast. It heals far more than any of my other pets, especially the ones with the higher Pedigree. Many times my friends have commented on Bubba's abilities as a healer, and always want to hatch with him.

Many times I go to the hatchery because I am maxed on gold. Hatching is a perfect way to 'lose' gold. Yes, I have even hatched with piggles just to lose gold. Even when not needing to lose gold, I will sometimes hatch with a person who has a pet with less than stellar talents and pedigree. Some of those people, could be newer players in need of a decent pet to help them with their game, so I do not mind helping them out. We were all new players at one time with less than perfect pets.

Hero
Feb 26, 2012
I personally don't think it is being stubborn.

I understand that people want to get good pets. I too want good pets.

But my way of getting good pets is to ask players who have actually played with me, and become friends, about their pets. We agree together to set up times to hatch.

I don't try to go up to total strangers, scope out their pets, and expect them to hatch with me! Actually, to me, that approach seems a bit rude.

Or, with patience, you can also ask for help on these boards, and then set times with willing people.

On the other hand, I have had strangers just jump in on me when I am hatching pets on my own without asking! Now that is being stubborn, and inconsiderate.

Hatching is a commitment of time, and money. So to get a commitment, make a commitment to building a relationship with people. Then everybody wins.

Hero
Aug 23, 2009
Those who spam request or troll for high leveled pets with desired talents never get a hatch from me. However those who are respectful and friendly or friends who have proven themselves outside of the hatchery, by being enjoyable to be around and loyal do; in fact I have wasted millions of gold to help get them pets they want by hatching and getting a pet that is useless to me. Too many players want the 'quick' method of hatching instead of investing in the time and energy to farm and train. One way that I have found is useful even if I don't have exact pet someone else has and they have what I want is asking them to look at what I do have or if I have a friend that has what they want doing a hatch introduction that way. Start trying to meet others half way instead of expecting others to wholly pay it forward, because most of us have, generously, already and tired of getting nothing in return.

Hero
Nov 14, 2010
you think we should have to say yes to a pet we don't want and waste 40k and our timer? besides i want fairy storm bringer healing current proof and defy on thunder colossus not what you said

Survivor
Aug 26, 2011
Look at it this way, you have 200,000 to 300,000 gold in your backpack, and you have, lets say:
May cast Sprite
May cast Fairy
Spell proof
Spell defy
Pain giver

You should have the courtesy to help someone in need. I totally get you guys' opinions and I am not penalizing you for it, I'm just saying look at it from this perspective.

Hero
Nov 14, 2010
IAmATrueWizard on Oct 12, 2013 wrote:
Look at it this way, you have 200,000 to 300,000 gold in your backpack, and you have, lets say:
May cast Sprite
May cast Fairy
Spell proof
Spell defy
Pain giver

You should have the courtesy to help someone in need. I totally get you guys' opinions and I am not penalizing you for it, I'm just saying look at it from this perspective.
what if thier trying to get it on a certain pet and your wasting their timer say you have that on a sea dragon and your trying to get it on a snow beast and somone with a dear knight wants to waste your timer and a quarter of your money

Survivor
May 15, 2012
I helped like 20 times to at least 6 different wizards I helped them till they got good pets I wasted 100,000 coins and I got mad cause I had like 10,000 coins left but I kept helping them

Survivor
Mar 08, 2010
You're actually right there! I have had this happen to me before many times. My best advice for you is if you see this happen then tell them what you believe they have done wrong. Someone else who is online may agree with you, like me! Then they might stop doing it. Don't just watch though because this is a problem. Take action into what you believe in. Good luck!

Survivor
Feb 05, 2012
I would like to point out that you can buy high level pets in the crowns shop. Stop looking for handouts and work your way up or buy it with crowns.

Delver
Nov 05, 2011
I don't get the point that wizards with awesome pets have so many pet fails when i can't even get spritely! It is not fair, i have crowns and i trained my vampire pet to teen and got may cast infection, now, everyone would think that would be a useful pvp trait, I think I might use it to get unicorn and spritely!

Survivor
Dec 28, 2009
Pet takes so much time to make. Its like the only thing that makes your Wizards different from someone that can farm same gear or buy it. I only hatch with friends now and can't see why I would hatch with someone else. High level breeder know what it takes and to have someone just short cut to your perfect pet is unacceptible. My advice is talk to them about how they got that pet. If you learn how to make pets anyway you want then isn't that better?

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
IAmATrueWizard on Oct 12, 2013 wrote:
May cast Sprite
May cast Fairy
Spell proof
Spell defy
Pain giver

Look at it this way. I have an Enchanted Armament pet with:

May Cast Sprite (originally from Ice Wyvern)
May Cast Fairy (originally from Nutcracker)
May Cast Pierce (originally from Sea Dragon)
10% Spell Proof (originally from Sea Dragon)
5% Spell Defy (originally from Therizinosaurus)

It took me hatching literally hundreds of times crossing a lot of different pets to get not only all the talents on the right pet but the stats high enough too. I did that myself, not by begging strangers in the hatchery. I hatch with people all the time, but you fail to respect all the effort, time, gold, snacks, training and persistance it really takes to make a perfect or near perfect pet. It doesn't make us stubborn or selfish.

I am currently working on a pet for myself, it's another Armament, so far it has May Cast Enfeeble, May Cast Shatter and Defy. You are saying that I should put my hatching projects on hold to get 50,000 gold so I can hatch a pet for a total stranger that I'm going to throw away anyways? If people with "perfect" pets are in the hatchery, did it EVER occur to you that they are already there to hatch with someone or to self-hatch? You think they hang out there just to flaunt their pet and say no? The Hatchery is the worst place in the game to look for a hatch mate. People go there because they already HAVE one.