Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Leaderboard problem

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Apr 26, 2010
I know that the wizards who are at the top of the leaderboard worked their butts off to get there. I also know that it is a huge accomplishment to be #1 of anywhere in the top 20. But, what I don't like is that once you get to say #1, you can just sit there and not fight and protect your #1 ranking. I don't like the principle of this, no other players will pass the 4 thousand something rating of the number 1 wizard. The first page of the leaderboard just sits there without change. I believe that there should be a minimum number of matches played per week to keep yourself on the leaderboard. That way there is some change and movement. Right now its so boring to check it and see the same level 50 wizards in the top spots. Just my thoughts as how to improve leaderboard, what do you think?

Nicholas Legendbringer level 73

Delver
Jan 18, 2013
I think that is a good idea to have to do like a minimum number of duels per week to maintain your rank. I think it should a minimum of 1 fight per week or there will be a loss by default added to your PvP record and your points will go down accordingly. If you are going to lose by default then you might as well log in and do a fight, the worst thing that can happen is you lose which was going to happen if you didn't anyway.

But personally I don't think it will make a significant difference on the current ranking system. One loss does not have a huge impact on your overall ranking. Your idea would work really well if we had something like the elo rating system.

Mastermind
Mar 05, 2011
Team yoloswag on Sep 29, 2013 wrote:
I know that the wizards who are at the top of the leaderboard worked their butts off to get there. I also know that it is a huge accomplishment to be #1 of anywhere in the top 20. But, what I don't like is that once you get to say #1, you can just sit there and not fight and protect your #1 ranking. I don't like the principle of this, no other players will pass the 4 thousand something rating of the number 1 wizard. The first page of the leaderboard just sits there without change. I believe that there should be a minimum number of matches played per week to keep yourself on the leaderboard. That way there is some change and movement. Right now its so boring to check it and see the same level 50 wizards in the top spots. Just my thoughts as how to improve leaderboard, what do you think?

Nicholas Legendbringer level 73
He earned it, trust me, I've seen top of the boards stuff, its intense. People in level 50 Warlord gear fight level 90 Knights-Warlords. I think if he earned it, then he can sit there.

Wolf Skullslinger