Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Why the percentages?

AuthorMessage
Defender
Nov 17, 2012
Blades and traps all ad percentages to your attacks, right? Well, i think it would be nice to have a blade or trap that simply ADDS a certain amount of dame to your attack. Maybe call it a shank or something. If you don't get what I'm talking about, here are some examples:

Lifeshank
School: Life
Pip cost: 0
Level: 40
Effect: +120 damage to next attack spell

Stormshank
School: Storm
Pip Cost: 0
Level: 40
Effect: +200 damage to next attack spell

Please comment

Astrologist
Aug 20, 2011
You probably are aware of the sun spells Strong, Giant, Monstrous, Gargantuan, Colossal, etc. If you aren't, you'll really like those.

But I have never thought of having school-specific add-damage cards. That could be interesting.

Explorer
May 17, 2010
I like it. It would also be interesting because the order of placement will matter. If you put it up before a blade the blade won't boost it, but put it up after the blade and the blade will boost it.
And why stop there? How about damage adding wards. So instead of a trap (a ward that boosts the attach by a percentage), let's call it a thorn, which is a ward that adds a fix damage when it is activated.

Defender
Nov 17, 2012
Lucas Rain on Sep 29, 2013 wrote:
You probably are aware of the sun spells Strong, Giant, Monstrous, Gargantuan, Colossal, etc. If you aren't, you'll really like those.

But I have never thought of having school-specific add-damage cards. That could be interesting.
I am aware of these spells and i will enjoy them VERY much once i get to celestia. I think that the add damage "shank" would be an interesting addition however because it can be removed by certain spells where as the sun spells cannot be.

Historian
Jul 18, 2010
Explorer
Dec 01, 2012
Well, there are Sun spells to add on damage or accuracy to all kinds of spells. You can start getting trained for them when you get into Celestia, and after that. But it could be a cool idea to have something like that.

Defender
Nov 17, 2012
Brandon SoulThief on Sep 29, 2013 wrote:
Well, there are Sun spells to add on damage or accuracy to all kinds of spells. You can start getting trained for them when you get into Celestia, and after that. But it could be a cool idea to have something like that.
I think something at an earlier level is much needed. Blades are at a decided disadvantage, too, beause they can be removed. These spells in my opinion should cost pips as well, so as not to make the higher level sun spells obsolete.

Hero
Nov 14, 2010
well if it stacks with percentage blades kewl but if not why swap them to adding stuff add 300 to kraken then adding 150 to it and then adding 250 more doesn't equal up to add 30% then 25% and then 20%