Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Is it possible to solo Ironworks?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 20, 2013
I'm a level 31 Storm wizard and I'm on Ironworks. It's been pretty easy so far because I got Marleybone really late (when I was level 29), but does the dungeon become more difficult as it goes on?

Sarai StormWeaver

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
Storm Goddess on Sep 15, 2013 wrote:
I'm a level 31 Storm wizard and I'm on Ironworks. It's been pretty easy so far because I got Marleybone really late (when I was level 29), but does the dungeon become more difficult as it goes on?

Sarai StormWeaver
On a lark I am currently questing totally solo on a Storm Wizard and I am now to Science Center in CL and still going. I plan to go as far as I can till an ending world dungeon stops me. So yes I would say you are able to make it though. I have been putting a lot of thought into gear and deck set up.

The only down side I have with soloing certain events is they do tend to take longer and need more planning for solo play but this isn't my only wizard so I can take a break etc. if I need to.

Survivor
Aug 28, 2013
Nah it's easy to solo. :]
Kensington Park is where you'll need a team though, which I'm still looking for.
Seems like no-one is doing it, at least not at the times that I'm on usually :S

Squire
May 10, 2013

Sarai StormWeaver
You think that's hard? I soloed it at level 24.

Defender
Jul 26, 2009
I soloed the entire game. The iron works can be hard, Ask a friend for help on the bosses.

Survivor
Mar 31, 2012
I never say no to help but with diff wizards been able to solo with the exceptions of the first Malistair battle and Jabberwok.

Survivor
Jul 20, 2013
PlayHard101 on Sep 20, 2013 wrote:
You think that's hard? I soloed it at level 24.
I don't think it was hard. I never said I thought it was hard...it was easy, I beat it pretty quickly. I was simply asking for advice, not scorn.

Survivor
Oct 18, 2010
Here's the thing i was in iron works but lost members and stopped playing. I go back and it says talk to Baxter behind the door but the door is still closed and i walk around and can't find another way. I can't find anything in the help either.

-Anthony Ghost Blade

Survivor
Jun 27, 2013
Survivor
Oct 26, 2013
Yeah, I did.

-Alexandria Earthbane
Level 30

Explorer
Oct 20, 2011
I don't really solo much in dungeons. I just finished marleybone yesterday and some friends helped me throughout the dungeons, I came to marleybone on a early level, so that's why I needed tons of help. From the way I see it, I think you can handle a dungeon by yourself. if you get defeated once, remember to keep on going and never stop!

Survivor
Jan 03, 2013

Sarai StormWeaver
I soloed it at level 26, it was pretty easy.

Survivor
Feb 02, 2013
You can pretty much solo anything in Marleybone besides Kensington park and maybe Big Ben. It depends on what school you are, like my wizard couldn't even beat throne room of fire without help, though he came really close.

Survivor
Apr 04, 2012
I think you can solo the Ironworks. And no, I don't think it gets harder as you go on. I soloed it. If I did, I think you can. The gear I had on was from the shops in Regent's Square ( is that what its called? ). For the deck, put your best spells in it and good healing spells. Try to find the best gear in the shops. Wish you luck in that dungeon.
Shannon Duskgrove level 77

Survivor
Feb 08, 2012
It is possible to solo Ironworks. I did it at level 29 on my Myth wizard, who didn't have that much health.

-Tyler Titanstaff, Level 42

Survivor
Jun 05, 2013
I'm now level 44 but I soloed everything in Marleybone except Kensington at level 35 or thereabouts. Btw, hi, this is my first forum post

james blood

Survivor
Aug 22, 2013

Sarai StormWeaver
Yeah it's possible my level 30 wizard did it.

William Owlrider level 31

Champion
Dec 03, 2012
Pretty simple... but I can tell you that later a side quest or two pops up and says to retrieve items from there... and you have to find a stray cat in there I think (Haven't been in MB for ages!).

When you get to Kingston park, you will really need help. I've seen multiple threads complaining how difficult the enemies are.

Defender
Jul 10, 2009
So, (after reading this thread) I mustered up the courage to solo IronWorks (almost wrote waterworks .... too much time in the second arc) on my level 33 Pyromancer (a little overleveled, I know). I can tell you that the stray cat is in the door behind Pops O'Leary (final boss) . I think this is one of my favorite dungeons.

Julia FirePyre, Mangus Pyromancer

Survivor
Jul 24, 2009
It's possible and maybe a little easy for other schools, but storm will probably need support with their extremely low health. After all, quite a few bosses in the Ironworks are storm and will resist your attacks.

Survivor
Jun 23, 2012
Yea I soloed it without much trouble actually.

Caleb MoonDust lvl 38

Explorer
Jan 19, 2009
It is possible to solo The Ironworks, but just in case, bring some friends along with you- the unpredictable can happen like being dragged into a duel, especially when the rooftops of Marleybone are horrendously narrow.

Not sure Kensington Park is possible to be soloed.

Explorer
May 13, 2013

Sarai StormWeaver
This comment is probably useless since countless of other people already answered and it don't have experience with it, but I'm going to conclude by saying yes, you can solo it.

Lvl28

Defender
Mar 13, 2014
I soloed the ironworks with my level 27 storm. Honestly, I don't think anything in marleybone mainline requires help except maybe the final fight with Meowearity in big ben. Kensington park is a different matter, but its not mainline. And when you complete Dragonspire you'll get a quest line that leads to the spiral geographic warehouse in Regent's square -- if you can solo this I'll be extremely impressed -- but again, its not mainline.

As a storm, your insurance policy for surviving the bigger boss battles in marleybone is to cast a water elemental right away, then play defensive with shields and heals until the elemental gets around to taunting. Once it gets a taunt off, the enemies will ignore you and attack the elemental, then you switch to offense.

Champion
Aug 15, 2012
It probably is possible but it would be a lot faster with friends.
Saffron Sandsword
Legendary