Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Rank Gaining

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 23, 2013
I know all of you are going to say no. Can I gain rank from someone that doesn't really care about there rank?You can add me and then can buy a starter deck and put no cards in it so I automatically win? My rank is 276 and Its really hard to gain rank with storms health. I will meet you near to arena on scarecrow at your time of choice.

Mastermind
Mar 05, 2011
CartoonRemix101 on Sep 12, 2013 wrote:
I know all of you are going to say no. Can I gain rank from someone that doesn't really care about there rank?You can add me and then can buy a starter deck and put no cards in it so I automatically win? My rank is 276 and Its really hard to gain rank with storms health. I will meet you near to arena on scarecrow at your time of choice.
Well, I wouldn't go about it this way, if you look on sites like Duelist101 or mercinaries for hire there are plenty of strategies FOR YOUR LEVEL out there. I have a couple but for specific levels/schools.

Hope you achieve greatness,
Wolf Skullslinger

Explorer
Apr 26, 2010
uh that would be cheating first of all?!?!? second, you can't control who you face in ranked pvp.

Nicholas Legendbringer level 73

Champion
Aug 20, 2010
CartoonRemix101 on Sep 12, 2013 wrote:
Hard to gain rank with storm(apostrophe)s health? Do you mean you are storm and it is hard for you? In which case focus on attack which is your biggest strength. If you mean you can't beat storm because of their health, they have the lowest health, and shield and get resist..

Anyhow, @Team yoloswag is right. It would be unfair and you cannot decide who you face in ranked pvp, you will likely never get to battle the person you can automatically gain rank from, other people will just have an easy win, fine my me.

Delver
Jan 18, 2013
Well yeah sure if they are the same level as you then you are more likely to get pared with them if both characters enter the arena at the same time. But that is a really cheap way of doing it. One of the reasons why I feel like the game needs a different ranking system like the elo rating system.