Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

W101 Enigma

AuthorMessage
Defender
Apr 07, 2011
W101 needs an enigma.

It's not a quest given by anyone, or not a dungeon, its just a huge secret that you have to solve.

There would be 5 mysterious spots in every world of the spiral, you have to search for.

These spots won't be easy to find, because they are in hidden rooms or long forgotten chambers all around the Spiral. They are near familiar places, places where you've been to dozens of times. (I can imagine this hidden spots like the trainer between the door in Colossus Boulvard.)

If you find a place like that you have to solve a puzzle, or battle some really nasty bosses. If you succeed you will get a clue. After you collected all five clues of the world you have to solve a riddle, that will lead you to a major clue.

After you collected all the major clues (solved the mytery in all worlds) then you get access to a dungeon, where every kind of good items are dropped by bosses.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
another MMORPG I played did something like this. Monsters would drop clues and you would have to follow the clue you got, to take you to the next clue, and the next clue, and the next clue and the final clue. When you got done, the level of clue would determine your prize. Some were little trinkets, some were fabulous gear that you could only get from the treasure hunting. It was a lot of fun

Defender
Oct 21, 2010
Jerry Saibot on Sep 9, 2013 wrote:
W101 needs an enigma.

It's not a quest given by anyone, or not a dungeon, its just a huge secret that you have to solve.

There would be 5 mysterious spots in every world of the spiral, you have to search for.

These spots won't be easy to find, because they are in hidden rooms or long forgotten chambers all around the Spiral. They are near familiar places, places where you've been to dozens of times. (I can imagine this hidden spots like the trainer between the door in Colossus Boulvard.)

If you find a place like that you have to solve a puzzle, or battle some really nasty bosses. If you succeed you will get a clue. After you collected all five clues of the world you have to solve a riddle, that will lead you to a major clue.

After you collected all the major clues (solved the mytery in all worlds) then you get access to a dungeon, where every kind of good items are dropped by bosses.
Wow, this would be a fun thing to do It would be really fun to run around Wizard City, trying out all the doors until you find the right one. But really, this would be really fun, I love puzzles

-See Ya In The Spiral!!

Julia DragonLeaf

Survivor
Dec 30, 2010
Hello Jerry.

This is a wonderful idea, However I feel the "Item" Part's a bit outrageous. Only certain Bosses throughout the game carry crown item's, And it's normally for all levels. Already previous Instances carry a secret boss, or a normal boss which drops these items.
All things has a setup, But then you have to understand this setup.
If someone figured it out. They'd tell someone else how to do it. And it would keep happening. Making the place less secretive.
I like this idea, and feel it would be really fun. Only if the clues become random and/if the prizes at the end was something else... Maybe a rare badge? Or possibly a rare item which can only be gotten there..

That's just my thoughts on it! But I think you have a pretty good idea there! :)

-Charles

Defender
Feb 27, 2009
Maybe have the clues change to other spots everyday and a new set of clues every week. And there would always be one for you the player or almost depending where you are in the game.

Defender
Apr 07, 2011
Henmoro on Sep 10, 2013 wrote:
Hello Jerry.

This is a wonderful idea, However I feel the "Item" Part's a bit outrageous. Only certain Bosses throughout the game carry crown item's, And it's normally for all levels. Already previous Instances carry a secret boss, or a normal boss which drops these items.
All things has a setup, But then you have to understand this setup.
If someone figured it out. They'd tell someone else how to do it. And it would keep happening. Making the place less secretive.
I like this idea, and feel it would be really fun. Only if the clues become random and/if the prizes at the end was something else... Maybe a rare badge? Or possibly a rare item which can only be gotten there..

That's just my thoughts on it! But I think you have a pretty good idea there! :)

-Charles
Hey Charles!

Thanks for the response. Randomizing the clues is a great idea, people can't spoiler at wiki or elswhere. Nice. As for the rewards in the secret dungeon, yes we need some extraordinary stuff there! I really like the idea of a rare badge. What about flashy looking outfit items without any stats?

Jerry