Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

new gear types and pet treaining gear

AuthorMessage
Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
Suggestion #1: Glove and Cloaks

I think it’s time to bring in Gloves and Cloaks as separate items. Other MMORPGs/RPGs have them and they work very well.

Suggestion #2: Pet Training Gear

We have gear for schools for offense and defense, we have gear for gardening that gives us more energy, what I feel we could use is gear for pet training. This gear would only have pet training benefits on it. It would:

1) Give us more energy
2) Give us a few more XP per game

This way, we can train more efficiently without needing to change the scale of training experience at all. In order to make this a fair tradeoff, you must have a pet at the current max level equipped and must be at least level 80

Geographer
Mar 12, 2013
Not sure I understand how the pet gear works. If you have a pet equipped that's already at max level, why would you want to train it?

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
dayerider on Aug 29, 2013 wrote:

I think it’s time to bring in Gloves and Cloaks as separate items. Other MMORPGs/RPGs have them and they work very well.

We have gear for schools for offense and defense, we have gear for gardening that gives us more energy, what I feel we could use is gear for pet training. This gear would only have pet training benefits on it. It would:

1) Give us more energy

This way, we can train more efficiently without needing to change the scale of training experience at all. In order to make this a fair tradeoff, you must have a pet at the current max level equipped and must be at least level 80
1. We have cloaks...they are called Robes. Gloves have been suggested; and ignored (so far) by KI
2. Except for the max level pet and level 80 wizard, I was okay with this. Not fair in any way to those of us that train our pets several times a day, each time we level up, etc.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
crunkatog on Aug 29, 2013 wrote:
Not sure I understand how the pet gear works. If you have a pet equipped that's already at max level, why would you want to train it?
Let's look at this logically:

1) many people train more than one pet.
2) a pet that is max now is NOT fully trained
3) going by W101's XP chart for pets, the next level will be 4,000 XP, needing 12 energy to train. At 4 XP per pet game, that's 1,000 games (not counting snacks)

So, once they raise the cap for pet training to the next level, your pet will no longer be at max will it? So you'll be able to use the training gear on whatever pet you have maxed right now, in the future when they open up the next level, plus any other pets not at max level currently.

make sense now?

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
bah, stupid me, I meant CAPES not cloaks! LOL CAPES are what i wanted to say, man I HATE when I do that lol

Champion
Jun 30, 2009

1) Give us more energy

Sounds like a great idea, there sport.

I have been playing W101 since Jun 2009, and have been wondering about why KI would give us a crafting slot for our pets, when there is really no gear to make them.

And as for crafting slots in general, when you complete the second request of Tosio, you get an Adept Crafter's Badge, and the 3rd and final slot. I am a Transcendent Crafter and wondered, when they will add in more slots?

When Grandmother Raven and Wintertusk were introduced into the game, I was hoping for a 4th potion flask (which I thought was badly needed), but has never been done.

Timothy Pearlflower, L90

Explorer
Jan 29, 2011
dayerider on Aug 31, 2013 wrote:
bah, stupid me, I meant CAPES not cloaks! LOL CAPES are what i wanted to say, man I HATE when I do that lol
Lol I thought you were serious not funny.But that is a good idea.Not a good idea for me though I really just have 120 energy with my energy gear and only feed the 50+ Xp mega snacks.I also buy tons of energy potion thingies (I am a crowns waster).Still good idea for pet training strugglers.

Survivor
Aug 06, 2010
Why do you need pet training gear? You use the same energy for gardening that you do for pets? If you want more energy than buy packs which offer items to increase your energy. I call my energy clothes my pajamas. I go to bed and put them on wizards.

As a level 90 i have 135 energy- u want to level up faster on your pets- do gardening and invest in EMP or couch potatoes that is the way to go

Historian
May 06, 2009

1) Give us more energy

Gloves and Capes (as you meant to say), are kinda already in the game. Some robes feature a cape on them. Also there are Robes that extend into a guantlet or glove, but not many. I would like a Glove option, but at the same time, I think Gloves get clumped into Robes to an extant.

Pet Training gear confuses me. Gardening and Pet Training both share Energy (that's why KI raised the amount of energy we could originally get when Gardening was introduced).

So when you say...

1) Give us more energy

...I'm thinking of the gear that already gives us more energy (Like the Beastmaster's Set, the Encanta Set (Hydra Hoard), and the Energetic Set (Wyvern's Hoard)). So are you asking for a gear set that can give us waaaay more energy? Like 150-200? That would be more than enough to raise a pet and do some gardening (as they both are shared, not one or the other)

When you say...

2) Gives us a few more XP per game

...I think "great minds think alike" I had two ideas on how this could work, but not necessarily in the form of gear:

1. An increase Pet Experience Elixir could be added in the Crown Shop for like 300 Crowns that lasts 1 hour? Or whatever the cost is of the increase Experience Elixir for Wizards. This would give you more twice as much pet experience. So 8 experience.

2. A Pet that is the same school as you, will have a boost in Experience. So let's say I'm Fire and I raise up a Baby Fire Pet, right? All Pet's will gain +4 experience from 1 game. Since he's Fire (the same as me) though, he will gain access to an Experience Point. This point boost is based on Pet level, as long as it's the same school as you, so...

Baby: +1 Experience
Teen: +2 Experience
Adult: +3 Experience
Ancient: +4 Experience
Epic: +5 Experience
Mega: +6 Experience

If KI chooses to increase the Pet level cap (which doesn't make too much sense to me to go past Mega, even though I'd love to see Ultra and Ultimate), this same-school pet leveling system would keep going up. The problem is you could be leveling a good pet that's not your school. Good thing for the Elixir I mentioned earlier.

3. An Elixir that decreases the amount of energy you spend on any pet by half for 1 hour. This means anytime you level a pet, the cost to play a game is cut in half (Baby-1, Teen-2, Adult-3, Ancient-4, Epic-5, Mega-6). This allows you to play more games on one pet. I like this option the most.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
Tyler LegendFriend... on Sep 2, 2013 wrote:
Lol I thought you were serious not funny.But that is a good idea.Not a good idea for me though I really just have 120 energy with my energy gear and only feed the 50+ Xp mega snacks.I also buy tons of energy potion thingies (I am a crowns waster).Still good idea for pet training strugglers.
you could benefit from it too. You wouldnt have to buy as much

Hero
Nov 14, 2010
crunkatog on Aug 29, 2013 wrote:
i'm with crunkatog why train a pet thats at mega?

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
critical blizzard on Sep 3, 2013 wrote:
i'm with crunkatog why train a pet thats at mega?
Will they forever STAY at mega? I doubt it. I feel, that over a LONG period of time, this will be extended further. Sure, NOW we're at Mega, but what happens when they open up another level? 2 levels? You have to train it right? So there we go.

Cunning:

Yes, we do have gear that gives us more energy, but the experience point bonus AND energy bonus would come together as part of the set.

I don't think that it should be crown related. There's already a bunch of people who don't/can't spend crowns. Why punish them? I understand time vs money, and all that, but not everything that gets added needs to be about money. people will still spend money on the game and snacks, this would just make it a tad easier.

On your experience point idea, I like it. I will say again how I wish we could get XP for our pets when they do something in battle. I can repost the idea if you'd like, but the upshot of it is that I said any ability that helps in a fight should yield a percentage of the wizard's experience for the pet.