Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Hades is Hogging the Good Stuff

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 28, 2012
The poster that mentioned to change your mentality about it is correct. What helps me endure this farming grind is I have made a side game out of it. I stream my Hades attempts on twitchtv and currently I am up to 87 Hades kills and it is entertaining to everyone that watches... will this be the run he gets the amulet? However, let me tell you what I do have after 87 runs... (Every other piece of gear they drop) all full sets of everything.

So if you really want it you just have to be patient.

Survivor
Dec 13, 2009
Grey Wolf on Oct 24, 2013 wrote:
"...,but wait!"

Umm, no, darling.

I've waited enough.
Exactly, as in they need to increase the chance of getting it. Both the gear and amulet shouldn't be up to a level where only pros can get it. That's not right for other wizards. As I said they need to increase the chance of getting the drops. This is an family game, not an game like Call of Duty or Grand Theft Auto. It should be a family game where they work together and kill these enemies. Not being so dang difficult that if you strike Hades over thousands of times and doesn't get anything. Especially when you die and you come back and you get nothing at all. Kingsisle needs to do something about this mess before people starts to get bored of it doing the same dungeon over and over again just to get a drop. If they increase the chance of getting the stuff and not dying and coming back and getting nothing. It will make everyone happy. Yes, I understand most people loves to battle difficult challenges. But this setting is set on only pro people that can get it or being very lucky. Right there it needs to be changed so EVERYONE can have a chance getting it, not just a few people.

Hero
Nov 14, 2010
Spiral emperor on Sep 11, 2013 wrote:
Now I really want that!
sorry no power pip percentage got thinking of blade of felled titan when i typed that part it has 3% universal resist 3% pierce 200 health 30 universal critical rating and 45 universal block rating and a threefold fever card

Survivor
Oct 21, 2012
Hardcore gamer here and willing to put in time to obtain items while progressing in a game but I agree with most of my fellow PROgamers here.

I've been running hades for almost 3 month now, on average 2 times a day, sometimes more; searching for the Divine Amulet. Do the math, yea its ridiculous. The run has become boring (have to admit), although I do enjoy helping other wizards through it. I help a lot of wizards and common theme I do get from them is it gets boring to do the same dungeon over and over again, especially when its a long dungeon. What kid has the time to do this (am I dating myself? OK yes older gamer here ).

I have asked KI about this, specifically about the %drop rate calculations, is there a methodology to improve the rate such as number of dungeon runs, length of time in dungeon, kill rates etc,.. the response I got was cannot discuss drop rates.

KI: Can't discuss the drop rates but they can easily read this post......Change the drop rate or get more cleaver with the %drop rate for rare items and send an update through the patch files, feel free to use some ideas above -- my free advice I won't charge .

Good luck!

PS. I am passionate about this game with my sons and family playing I enjoy providing feedback to the makers; it helps community! I am the guy who several years back suggested a game update on the ability to Rename Decks....please do consider a modification to the rate drops as a gamer sticks with it in a game, will help with retention of gamers and perhaps memberships in the long run.

Survivor
Oct 10, 2009
I couldn't agree more with this post. I personally have defeated Hades numerous times and I have not gotten anything. This should be fixed!

Anna SummerFlower, Lvl 95

Survivor
Mar 23, 2012
The Flamboyant Arc... on Aug 27, 2013 wrote:
Ok, this is getting insane. I've been farming Tartarus since it came out, spending most of my days doing the same thing over and over again. While I have somehow managed to get the Hades Robe and Boots, which I am very grateful for, after completing my 35th run there, I still have yet to get Hades' Helm of Justice, much less an Exalted Death Amulet or the Amulet of Divine Influence, and that's not nearly as bad as how some of my friends have it. One of my friends has done Tartarus a whopping 62 times, and has yet to get a SINGLE THING. No Hat, no Robe, no Boots, no Wand, not even any of the glass cannon gear. All he's seen after all of his runs is, "200 Gold, Senator's Blah, Aether" Now, the Exalted Amulets and Divine Amulet not dropping? That's understandable. Those are supposed to be rare drops, the Divine Amulet especially, and completely make sense. One is an upgrade of a classic amulet, and the other is probably the most powerful amulet we will ever see for a long time. But the Hades gear being so rare? That's just ridiculous. After 30 levels of waiting for an upgrade to the Waterworks gear, we finally got something slightly better, and it's ridiculously rarer? I know of NO ONE who has had to do Waterworks more than 35 times just to get all of the pieces of their gear. In fact, all of the people I know that do Waterworks constantly seem to have every Mastery Amulet in the game, as well as 4-5 sets of their school gear.

Somehow, it gets worse. An average run of Waterworks? Assuming you don't have the worst team in the world, about 30 minutes to an hour. An average run of Tartarus? 1 and a half hours to 2 and a half hours. I could do double, triple the amount of runs in Waterworks that I'm doing in Tartarus, and I'm sure that by now I would have several shiny new sets of gear to show off for my work. Yet for Tartarus, some people have absolutely nothing to show for their hard work. Tartarus isn't nearly as easy as Waterworks, either. Just finding 4 people to do the whole thing is hard enough. But if you don't pick your teams wisely, you'll end up getting half-way through, giving up on that run, and have just wasted 2 hours of your life.

I think there are a couple different ways to at least make this slightly more bearable. The first idea is to have a Crowns Chest for Hades. I mean, seriously, we have a chest for Nightshade, who takes all of 2 minutes to kill even as a level 10 and whose gear becomes obsolete very quickly, but no chest for the end boss of the hardest dungeon in the game who actually drops good things? That's ridiculous. The second idea is to mess with the drops and drop rates of the Hades fight, and the perfect candidate for this? The Senator's Gear. You get it in every fight of Aquila, everyone's already tired of seeing it, no one wants it, and it would be perfect to remove from the Hades fight. Just doing those 2 things would make life getting Hades Gear much more enjoyable.

Who's with me?!
-Daniel SoulWalker, Promethean
Geezzzzz!!!!! I literally gave up on Tartarus. After idk how many times of doing Tartarus, I only got hades robe and Zeus helmet. And I tried a month for the wand. No way am I doing Tartarus again. Only thing that would bring me back is a chest. That's a fonominal idea. Although with the current drop rates. I'll just get a senators boots every time. And when KI says you will need to work hard, I think they meant the dungeon. Cause the dogs fight alone is quite hard.

Survivor
Dec 23, 2010
yes i agree! i am a lvl 95 balance who has been doing tartarus for a long time and have not got any of my gear yet only senator and my hades wand. thats about it. i agree with everything you said in this post 100%!!!!! :D

95warlord.

Survivor
May 06, 2012
woot2334 on Aug 27, 2013 wrote:
Hades isn't Hogging the good stuff, you prob have bad luck or something. I already got my full set of hades gear and poseidon gear. Just farm him like 100 times and you can get all least ONE piece of the hades gear.Besides from the update notes from aquila says "You will have to work very hard for this amazing gear that is some of the best you will see in the Spiral." Well at least place in a second chest for Hades so people can have like more then one chance at hades gear.
100 times??? Sounds kind of a lot of times to me o_o

Survivor
Mar 23, 2012
Brian GoldenShade on Dec 2, 2013 wrote:
100 times??? Sounds kind of a lot of times to me o_o
Oh yes it is. Simply, there is 100+ hours of doing Tartarus

Explorer
Apr 25, 2010
I very much agree with you Daniel. I did Tartarus earlier today and all what I got from Hades was some gold and a pet snack. Also, I've done the Gladiator about 30 times now. It's getting very rediculous in Aquila. My friends are like, "Just keep trying, you'll get it" but I'm not getting it!. I'd like Kingsisle to make it atleast a little easier for Hades to drop the upgrade of the clothing.

-Timothy LifeSinger
Promethean

Mastermind
Dec 05, 2012
he is not hogging the good stuff. I had someone tell me the hat wasn't that good. if it is the piece that gives lava giant, then I understand.

Survivor
Apr 29, 2011
I have done this dungeon roughly 50-60 times since it has started.

I was finally able to get my Unknown boots for the first time just a couple of nights ago. I was happy, but it lasted only for a few minutes when the realization of how long and how tedious it took to get that one WW update gear.

I have countless of useless senator gears (I despise that gear so much after receiving it non-stop) and a few of Zeus and Poseidon gears. I actually stopped my account after getting frustrated over Tartarus dungeon drops. Only reason I signed up again was to do Khrysalis. Now I've finished the first part and returned to farming Hades and the frustration is quickly returning. Now some people defends the drop rate as being fair. But for most people, like myself, the redundancy and length of this dungeon is completely unfair to the actual common rewards it drops. I play this game as an escape and for fun. Both of my reasons are compromised by the silliness of this dungeon.

Some people have less time to spend on this game than others. To those defending the drop rates, not all of us can sit everyday and spend meaningless hours playing over and over again for the chance of getting at an insane drop rated item, people do have lives still to live. I use to recommend this game to other people, but the frustration of this area makes it difficult to suggest to someone else.

I just need to know when the second part of Khrysalis comes out and I will finish it quickly and be done with this game. Thanks for all the fun and goodbye to meaningless redundancy.

Logan Blueflame lvl 95

Champion
Jan 27, 2010
Everyone's here talking about hades while I look for a group of people to farm Zeus for a lightning striker.

Defender
Jan 31, 2010
Hmm... Sadly, I must disagree with you on the fact that hades is hogging the best gear... Yes, it is very hard to get and may take 20 or so tries before you get a single piece of it but Hades isn't hogging it. He is so tough for a reason, Kingsisle made him that way. I am still hunting the following items: Athame( Blade of the felled titan), Deck (Forget what it's called, haven't played in so long), 1 Robe, and 2 sets of Boots, Poseidon gear from Tartarus (excluding boots) and Atlantea, Zeus gear from Olympus (Idk if he drops gear in tartarus). In all of my runs, I have managed to only aquire the following pieces of gear: Ring (Alpha and Omega, horrible stats btw), All 3 Wands, Poseidon Boots , 1 of 2 Hades Robes, and both Hades Hats.

Note: I haven't played in such a long time and will only be able to start again on the 21st. I will then be able to give the exact names of each piece.

Mastermind
Oct 11, 2010
Malorn AshThorn446 on Jan 16, 2014 wrote:
Hmm... Sadly, I must disagree with you on the fact that hades is hogging the best gear... Yes, it is very hard to get and may take 20 or so tries before you get a single piece of it but Hades isn't hogging it. He is so tough for a reason, Kingsisle made him that way. I am still hunting the following items: Athame( Blade of the felled titan), Deck (Forget what it's called, haven't played in so long), 1 Robe, and 2 sets of Boots, Poseidon gear from Tartarus (excluding boots) and Atlantea, Zeus gear from Olympus (Idk if he drops gear in tartarus). In all of my runs, I have managed to only aquire the following pieces of gear: Ring (Alpha and Omega, horrible stats btw), All 3 Wands, Poseidon Boots , 1 of 2 Hades Robes, and both Hades Hats.

Note: I haven't played in such a long time and will only be able to start again on the 21st. I will then be able to give the exact names of each piece.
luck based drop system stinks. Water works drop system makes since and you get your set within 100 runs sometimes less than 20 done this on tons of characters for friends with family etc. hades too low a rate to be worth the bother. Did this 600+ times on my main death just have the good hat, boots not worth using. No robe no divine mastery. Now on another alt ran it 5 times and have the good robe and a exiled life mastery. luck in that yup. Done with hades since a basic pickup takes at least an hour. yes people can do it in 30 minutes but thats very rare for a pickup. I vote for a signal to hades room so that same group can repeat the final over and over.

lore master has better drop chances than i ever seen at hades, at least i get junk to sell after each battle :)

Survivor
Feb 08, 2009
I agree one hundred percent. Also how about incorporating something like this. Once i have the boots i should not have to see them on the left side again. Instead how about adding the boots drop rate into the hat and robe? so i can not have DUPLICATE gear in one slot and no gear in another slot.

Survivor
Sep 09, 2011
Timothy Lifesinger on Dec 30, 2013 wrote:
I very much agree with you Daniel. I did Tartarus earlier today and all what I got from Hades was some gold and a pet snack. Also, I've done the Gladiator about 30 times now. It's getting very rediculous in Aquila. My friends are like, "Just keep trying, you'll get it" but I'm not getting it!. I'd like Kingsisle to make it atleast a little easier for Hades to drop the upgrade of the clothing.

-Timothy LifeSinger
Promethean
I agree. My Friend and I have done the dungeon over a hundred times now. Trying to get his Fire Robe. Been doing the dungeon for over 2 months now. Getting to the point that we both are ready to just quiet the game all together. it gets boring after a while. Has anyone gotten the Fire Robe from there?

Mindy NightHeart

Delver
Jun 27, 2013
Logan Blueflame on Jan 13, 2014 wrote:
I have done this dungeon roughly 50-60 times since it has started.

I was finally able to get my Unknown boots for the first time just a couple of nights ago. I was happy, but it lasted only for a few minutes when the realization of how long and how tedious it took to get that one WW update gear.

I have countless of useless senator gears (I despise that gear so much after receiving it non-stop) and a few of Zeus and Poseidon gears. I actually stopped my account after getting frustrated over Tartarus dungeon drops. Only reason I signed up again was to do Khrysalis. Now I've finished the first part and returned to farming Hades and the frustration is quickly returning. Now some people defends the drop rate as being fair. But for most people, like myself, the redundancy and length of this dungeon is completely unfair to the actual common rewards it drops. I play this game as an escape and for fun. Both of my reasons are compromised by the silliness of this dungeon.

Some people have less time to spend on this game than others. To those defending the drop rates, not all of us can sit everyday and spend meaningless hours playing over and over again for the chance of getting at an insane drop rated item, people do have lives still to live. I use to recommend this game to other people, but the frustration of this area makes it difficult to suggest to someone else.

I just need to know when the second part of Khrysalis comes out and I will finish it quickly and be done with this game. Thanks for all the fun and goodbye to meaningless redundancy.

Logan Blueflame lvl 95
To be fair,
I work 60 hours a week, and do not log on until after my daughter goes to bed.
I play a couple hours a night, and spend the majority of my weekend between the Spiral and my Daughter.

I understand that Some people have less time to play than others, but I manage to still enjoy each moment I'm in the spiral, no matter that it took over 500 fights with Chronus to get the Blade of the Felled titan, or the fact that after almost 2000 fights with the Gladiator, I'm still without my Alpha and Omega Ring.

If the items dropped right away, the game would seem too easy, then the same peopel complaining about how hard the drops are, or low the drop rates are, woudl complain about it being too easy..

So many people complained about how hard Azteca was, that they lowered the Difficulty.
Now, I can bash through it without any help, after barely scraping through Avalon.

Krysalis is the same. Hoardes of peopel complaining that it's too difficult, tonnes complaining that it's too easy...

I keep 4 characters on the go at any time, so when it gets monotonous with one, I just switch to another.
There are ways to enjoy the game, no matter how frustrating it gets at certain places.

if you want a nice, quick easy game that gives you everythign you want every time you want it...
Go play Nintendo or something.

As far as the "Useless" Senators gear...
All that gear is used in crafting recipe's from Aquilla.
It is Not useless....
it's not as good for the wearer as WW gear is
But if you're lvl 30 and just got Olympus...
The Zeus and Senators gear in there is the best gear in the game until you hit Water Works.

Try being happy that KI even gave us a great platform like Wizard101.

Morgrim Deathstalker lvl 95
Morgrim lvl 73
Keira lvl 58
Logan lvl 56

Survivor
Sep 09, 2011
Geez, has anyone ever got the Fire Robe for Hades? Have been doing this dungeon every night now for over 2 month, 3 times a night. I am lucky if I get gold lol.

Megan 78 lvl
Mindy NightHeart 87 lvl
Mindy NightHeart 90 lvl
Mindy NightHeart 91 lvl
Mindy NightHeart 92 lvl

Survivor
Aug 31, 2008
Here solution: to increase chances get pieces of desired gear you don't have to wear anything dropped by hades while fighting him.

Ellie Pearleaf

Survivor
May 24, 2009
I have done tartarus like 20 times. All I have got from the runs were the wand and the fire robe. I hate taking 2 hours just to get nothing.

Defender
Jan 31, 2010
masterryan1969 on Jan 18, 2014 wrote:
luck based drop system stinks. Water works drop system makes since and you get your set within 100 runs sometimes less than 20 done this on tons of characters for friends with family etc. hades too low a rate to be worth the bother. Did this 600+ times on my main death just have the good hat, boots not worth using. No robe no divine mastery. Now on another alt ran it 5 times and have the good robe and a exiled life mastery. luck in that yup. Done with hades since a basic pickup takes at least an hour. yes people can do it in 30 minutes but thats very rare for a pickup. I vote for a signal to hades room so that same group can repeat the final over and over.

lore master has better drop chances than i ever seen at hades, at least i get junk to sell after each battle :)
Yea... The 3 biggest bosses who have horrible luck based drop rates are: Hades, Loremaster, and both Waterworks bosses... I only have my hat and robe from waterworks and I'm already level 95! I believe Kingsisle needs to do something to bring attention back to Aquila so that people will crowd the sigils once again...

Defender
Mar 02, 2009
Calm down. Sure, it's infuriating. Yeah, it takes forever. But guys, if you don't want to run the dungeon, YOU DON'T HAVE TO. No one is saying, "You must have Hades gear to enter Khrysalis." Is the Hades gear nice? Yes. Of course. But I ran Khrysalis with the Hades boots. That's it. And guess what? IT WAS A LOT OF FUN. No one is saying you need to run the dungeon. You don't need the gear to play the game. I get in maybe a single Tartarus run a week, two if I'm lucky. I only have Hade's Unseen boots, and they have one of the smallest differences to the WW gear. You don't need the Hades gear to play the game.

Survivor
Jan 05, 2012
you fight 3 bosses all level 90 and for what, to be rewareded with nothing, nothing at all

Luke strongsword

Defender
Mar 30, 2010
I've got all the Unseen Hades gear for my except the boots. Not even sure how many times I've tried, lol, I may start farming him again soon.