Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Hades is Hogging the Good Stuff

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 10, 2011
Ok, this is getting insane. I've been farming Tartarus since it came out, spending most of my days doing the same thing over and over again. While I have somehow managed to get the Hades Robe and Boots, which I am very grateful for, after completing my 35th run there, I still have yet to get Hades' Helm of Justice, much less an Exalted Death Amulet or the Amulet of Divine Influence, and that's not nearly as bad as how some of my friends have it. One of my friends has done Tartarus a whopping 62 times, and has yet to get a SINGLE THING. No Hat, no Robe, no Boots, no Wand, not even any of the glass cannon gear. All he's seen after all of his runs is, "200 Gold, Senator's Blah, Aether" Now, the Exalted Amulets and Divine Amulet not dropping? That's understandable. Those are supposed to be rare drops, the Divine Amulet especially, and completely make sense. One is an upgrade of a classic amulet, and the other is probably the most powerful amulet we will ever see for a long time. But the Hades gear being so rare? That's just ridiculous. After 30 levels of waiting for an upgrade to the Waterworks gear, we finally got something slightly better, and it's ridiculously rarer? I know of NO ONE who has had to do Waterworks more than 35 times just to get all of the pieces of their gear. In fact, all of the people I know that do Waterworks constantly seem to have every Mastery Amulet in the game, as well as 4-5 sets of their school gear.

Somehow, it gets worse. An average run of Waterworks? Assuming you don't have the worst team in the world, about 30 minutes to an hour. An average run of Tartarus? 1 and a half hours to 2 and a half hours. I could do double, triple the amount of runs in Waterworks that I'm doing in Tartarus, and I'm sure that by now I would have several shiny new sets of gear to show off for my work. Yet for Tartarus, some people have absolutely nothing to show for their hard work. Tartarus isn't nearly as easy as Waterworks, either. Just finding 4 people to do the whole thing is hard enough. But if you don't pick your teams wisely, you'll end up getting half-way through, giving up on that run, and have just wasted 2 hours of your life.

I think there are a couple different ways to at least make this slightly more bearable. The first idea is to have a Crowns Chest for Hades. I mean, seriously, we have a chest for Nightshade, who takes all of 2 minutes to kill even as a level 10 and whose gear becomes obsolete very quickly, but no chest for the end boss of the hardest dungeon in the game who actually drops good things? That's ridiculous. The second idea is to mess with the drops and drop rates of the Hades fight, and the perfect candidate for this? The Senator's Gear. You get it in every fight of Aquila, everyone's already tired of seeing it, no one wants it, and it would be perfect to remove from the Hades fight. Just doing those 2 things would make life getting Hades Gear much more enjoyable.

Who's with me?!
-Daniel SoulWalker, Promethean

Survivor
Dec 15, 2008
I, The Endlass Sorcerer, second this.

"Without love it cannot be seen"

Explorer
Apr 01, 2011
I agree. Maybe an update could be made so that Cronus drops the hades gear, just like he drops the wand?

Rebecca Bright Level 90
Miranda Shadowflame Level 90
Sabrina Emeraldblossom Level 86
Victoria Roseblood Level 82
Diana Moonflower Level 78
Christina Goldenheart Level 73

Survivor
May 02, 2010
Hades isn't Hogging the good stuff, you prob have bad luck or something. I already got my full set of hades gear and poseidon gear. Just farm him like 100 times and you can get all least ONE piece of the hades gear.Besides from the update notes from aquila says "You will have to work very hard for this amazing gear that is some of the best you will see in the Spiral." Well at least place in a second chest for Hades so people can have like more then one chance at hades gear.

Champion
Jun 30, 2009
Rebecca Bright on Aug 27, 2013 wrote:
I agree. Maybe an update could be made so that Cronus drops the hades gear, just like he drops the wand?

Rebecca Bright Level 90
Miranda Shadowflame Level 90
Sabrina Emeraldblossom Level 86
Victoria Roseblood Level 82
Diana Moonflower Level 78
Christina Goldenheart Level 73
Rebecca,

All schools on the wand drop?

Explorer
Apr 01, 2011
Promethean oxnhors... on Aug 27, 2013 wrote:
Rebecca,

All schools on the wand drop?
Yep

Champion
Mar 27, 2011
I got a pet and some boots that were not too bad, but other than that and reagents the drops in Aquila have been terrible. Most of the gear items are useless.

Defender
Jul 02, 2009
The Flamboyant Arc... on Aug 27, 2013 wrote:
Ok, this is getting insane. I've been farming Tartarus since it came out, spending most of my days doing the same thing over and over again. While I have somehow managed to get the Hades Robe and Boots, which I am very grateful for, after completing my 35th run there, I still have yet to get Hades' Helm of Justice, much less an Exalted Death Amulet or the Amulet of Divine Influence, and that's not nearly as bad as how some of my friends have it. One of my friends has done Tartarus a whopping 62 times, and has yet to get a SINGLE THING. No Hat, no Robe, no Boots, no Wand, not even any of the glass cannon gear. All he's seen after all of his runs is, "200 Gold, Senator's Blah, Aether" Now, the Exalted Amulets and Divine Amulet not dropping? That's understandable. Those are supposed to be rare drops, the Divine Amulet especially, and completely make sense. One is an upgrade of a classic amulet, and the other is probably the most powerful amulet we will ever see for a long time. But the Hades gear being so rare? That's just ridiculous. After 30 levels of waiting for an upgrade to the Waterworks gear, we finally got something slightly better, and it's ridiculously rarer? I know of NO ONE who has had to do Waterworks more than 35 times just to get all of the pieces of their gear. In fact, all of the people I know that do Waterworks constantly seem to have every Mastery Amulet in the game, as well as 4-5 sets of their school gear.

Somehow, it gets worse. An average run of Waterworks? Assuming you don't have the worst team in the world, about 30 minutes to an hour. An average run of Tartarus? 1 and a half hours to 2 and a half hours. I could do double, triple the amount of runs in Waterworks that I'm doing in Tartarus, and I'm sure that by now I would have several shiny new sets of gear to show off for my work. Yet for Tartarus, some people have absolutely nothing to show for their hard work. Tartarus isn't nearly as easy as Waterworks, either. Just finding 4 people to do the whole thing is hard enough. But if you don't pick your teams wisely, you'll end up getting half-way through, giving up on that run, and have just wasted 2 hours of your life.

I think there are a couple different ways to at least make this slightly more bearable. The first idea is to have a Crowns Chest for Hades. I mean, seriously, we have a chest for Nightshade, who takes all of 2 minutes to kill even as a level 10 and whose gear becomes obsolete very quickly, but no chest for the end boss of the hardest dungeon in the game who actually drops good things? That's ridiculous. The second idea is to mess with the drops and drop rates of the Hades fight, and the perfect candidate for this? The Senator's Gear. You get it in every fight of Aquila, everyone's already tired of seeing it, no one wants it, and it would be perfect to remove from the Hades fight. Just doing those 2 things would make life getting Hades Gear much more enjoyable.

Who's with me?!
Wait! Amulet? Huh? What do you mean? What is this, divine amulet of influence that you speak of? And I agree with you. The hades gear shouldn't be absolutely impossible to get. I get lucky with some drops, waterworks included, but the way your saying it, it's like hades gear is just a dream. A mirage. They should either put a crowns chest into the equation, or remove the possibility of getting the really awful gear. Or both. But the hades gear and items are supposed to be rare. It shouldn't be easy to get this stuff. Not a walk in the park at all.

Defender
Apr 07, 2011
I disagree with th original post.

Those items you speak about are meant to be REALLY rare, REALLY hard to obtain to give high level players (who probably beat the game more times) an ultimate challange. A low drop rate makes you feel special when you finally manage to get your most wanted item.

I spent 2 hours farming the alpha and omega ring, but the felled titan athame took me over 20 hours. I was much happier with the athame. (Btw i got an exalted Balance Amulet, too bad i am Balance myself lol)

Honestly dude everything is interesting till you don't get it. Make yourself a favor and change your mentality. Those items are meant to be a reward for HARDCORE players, who have endurance. :)

I am not a crown player, but i love PvP. As everybody knows you can't be a successfull pvp player without a mastery amulet. I completed waterworks over 200 times before i got my first mastery amulet. Sometimes it was frustrating, but when i saw the Myth Mastery Amulet on the left side of the screen i was shocked and felt satisfaction.

Idk if i will do the same with Tartarus or not, but i won't complain after 50 tries. I will enjoy the company of other wizards and playing this fantastic game. Cheers

Tris

Explorer
Apr 01, 2011
Spiral emperor on Aug 28, 2013 wrote:
Wait! Amulet? Huh? What do you mean? What is this, divine amulet of influence that you speak of? And I agree with you. The hades gear shouldn't be absolutely impossible to get. I get lucky with some drops, waterworks included, but the way your saying it, it's like hades gear is just a dream. A mirage. They should either put a crowns chest into the equation, or remove the possibility of getting the really awful gear. Or both. But the hades gear and items are supposed to be rare. It shouldn't be easy to get this stuff. Not a walk in the park at all.
The Amulet of Divine Influence is an amulet that gives block, resistance (3%),health, and other things as well. It's dropped by Hades and is pretty awesome.

Survivor
Apr 22, 2012
Ooooo yes it is meant to be a challenge but I do have to say that it is hard to get a good team together and I at least can say I did it once and only once, because of the difficulty level. I did however get a Exalted Storm and Amber from Hades and Exalted Life Amulet from another boss, and I am Death Class so that has been a great help. But over all yes those that work hard get the oooo's and ahhhh's from receiving Hades Armor deserve them. I don't however, think that is should be handed down that easily. Remember we are level 90's now and therefore, I am going to attempt here at sometime to try my fortune again. I have not seen any of this new armor or Divine Amulet that you speak of but I hope I do. Hope your next run will be better to you.

Happy Hunting,
Sestiva Starcatcher

Survivor
Jun 04, 2009
Exactly what I am saying! I Have tried tartarus endless times and for what! A puny senator outfit. What's the point if you don't get anything. I have tried fifty six for a hades flame maker wand and a unseen lord cinder boots. Takes me about three hours to finish that dungeon and I get nothing. A couple of athers maybe some agave nectar and nothing else except bad gear I don't even want to equip. I mean really come on kingsile are you really that desperate that you have to make it that hard. I would be perfectly happy if the drop rates were like WW but they aren't. Who wants to do a dungeon over and over again for nothing! You are making people bored of the game by making them do it that many times seriously now make it easier plz.
I'm with you Daniel

Sean gold weave Promethean

Mastermind
Sep 30, 2009
well apparently I am EXTREMLY lucky but EXTREMLY unlucky at the same time.
I got 2 hades unseen hats, but I hate the hat lol. I wand the robe and boots so bad but hades only give me
1.unseen hat
2. senators gear
3.amber
4.hades fire wand

nothing else! I think hades should have a crown chest because after all, it is time vs money

Survivor
Nov 10, 2011
Jerry Saibot on Aug 28, 2013 wrote:

Those items you speak about are meant to be REALLY rare, REALLY hard to obtain to give high level players (who probably beat the game more times) an ultimate challange. A low drop rate makes you feel special when you finally manage to get your most wanted item.

I spent 2 hours farming the alpha and omega ring, but the felled titan athame took me over 20 hours. I was much happier with the athame. (Btw i got an exalted Balance Amulet, too bad i am Balance myself lol)

Honestly dude everything is interesting till you don't get it. Make yourself a favor and change your mentality. Those items are meant to be a reward for HARDCORE players, who have endurance. :)

I am not a crown player, but i love PvP. As everybody knows you can't be a successfull pvp player without a mastery amulet. I completed waterworks over 200 times before i got my first mastery amulet. Sometimes it was frustrating, but when i saw the Myth Mastery Amulet on the left side of the screen i was shocked and felt satisfaction.

Idk if i will do the same with Tartarus or not, but i won't complain after 50 tries. I will enjoy the company of other wizards and playing this fantastic game. Cheers

Tris
I noticed a couple of posts like these and wanted to clarify something:

I don't want to make the Hades Gear, the Exalted Amulets, or the Divine Amulet common drops. Trust me, I know how it feels to do something 50+ times and then finally see the item I want on the left screen. I've done that several times, and it is a REALLY amazing feeling. In fact, I was incredibly lucky when I got my Alpha and Omega Ring on my first try, and while it's nice to have, I didn't get the same feeling as when I worked for other gear I've farmed for. It really did just feel like, "Oh. Well that's nice. Don't have to fight another Balance boss anymore." It felt... incredibly dull. I felt like it had just been handing to me on a silver plater, no charge, and I was completely phased by how I didn't have to work hard to get.

On the other hand, I also don't want for all of that nice gear to be incredibly rare. An example: I have completed a total of 41 runs in Tartarus. Let's say it takes about 1 hour and 45 minutes (105 minutes) on average to get through it. My first run was 7 hours though (let's just say, I didn't have the best teammates), so we'll take one run out and add it back in later. 40 runs*105 minutes each=4,200 minutes spent in the dungeon. 4,200 minutes is the same as 70 hours. Add in the 7 hours it took to complete the first run, and we determine that I have spent 77 hours of my life in Tartarus. Seems like a little bit much, right?

The point of my post was to both bring this to the general public's attention and come up with ideas that would make it better. I don't think you should only have to do Tartarus once or twice and get everything you want from there, but I also don't think you should have to spend hours upon hours doing the same dungeon over and over again to no avail.

Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
I have done 45 runs and only got the hat. You're lucky. Lol

Survivor
May 20, 2012

Who's with me?!
i totally agree! i have done tartarus 31 times and no unseen plate or divine influence amulet! And the senator gear too its is annoying and nobody wants it! ill i have is hades crown of blazes and no other gear! i totally agree with you Daniel. This has to be fixed!

Hunter Stormshade

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
I have been through Tartarus all of once, and I got my boots on the first run.

Gear drops are completely random. If it's anything like Waterworks, it can take upwards of 100 tries to get your full set. I could appreciate this if it wasn't so long~ with a group of 4, Tartarus can take HOURS (just because of animations and cheats and all of that other stuff), so I'm not looking forward to going back.

I, the Awesome Sauce-erer, concur with the general sentiment of this post.

-von

Hero
Nov 14, 2010
Spiral emperor on Aug 28, 2013 wrote:
amulet of divine influence gives critical critical block resist health and power pip percentage

Defender
Jul 02, 2009
critical blizzard on Sep 10, 2013 wrote:
amulet of divine influence gives critical critical block resist health and power pip percentage
Now I really want that!

Survivor
Mar 06, 2010
Yes I know how it feels I only got 1 Gear Unseen Hades Robe want to know how many time's I've done this , about 60 times!!!!!!!!!! It's hard it takes up so much time just for 1 boss and the Amulet Divince (Spelled wrong) I totally give up on that

Explorer
Jun 15, 2009
in the end, the adults may be the only ones left farming, and the kids will loose patience, so most kids have about 3 hours of play time, some homework, and then whatever else that comes up, and then sleep, school, rinse lather repeat.

if they only get one Hades fight in, by the time 100 times passes (if followed every day) would be 3 months 10 days if that is how long it took for something to drop making it December 18th before they see the first item from the date of this reply ... (September 19th)

that is to say, pet raising, gardening, farming for seeds, other stuff they could also do in wizard101, my holy paladin gets at least 2 epics a week lol

Survivor
Dec 13, 2009

Who's with me?!
Yes! I totally agree. This is like my 2nd month into Tartarus, searching for that dang amulet. I tried everything you can think of, bring Hades back get him over thousands of times with Lord of Winter all blade up and feint and balance blades etc... with my Sleet on and Balefrost. And I hit him over and over again every single time I go into the dungeon. (sometimes we blade up storm so dang big that he will take out Hades and Zeus or all 3 of them) And we still get nothing. There is gotta be a secret way of doing this. Most of us probably would be doing this over a year + just to get the Amulet or Gear. Do you guys really have to make this so dang hard for others? I think you guys should higher the percentage of getting the Amulet and Gear. This is so dang ridiculous. I get where you are coming from with it being RARE. But, it shouldn't be so rare that it will take years of getting. There are adults playing this game as well trying to get the Amulet most wizards are giving up on Hades because they can't get the amulet. They say its a waste of time. In which literally it is. People has other things to do with their life instead of playing a game 24/7 trying to get that amulet. They shouldn't need to waste their time over a silly game. So, what I'm asking is please higher the chance of getting the Amulet and Gear.

RULES!!!!

Champion
Oct 30, 2011
Jerry Saibot on Aug 28, 2013 wrote:

Tris
Mastery amulets are not needed in pvp. My balance got to 1411 rank without using one. On a topic more related to the post, this dungeon takes an extremely long time to do. Shouldn't the rewards and drop rates reflect on that? It's extremely dissapointing to use 3 hours doing a dungeon and then find out that you got absolutely terrible gear. I quit after a few weeks of farming, because I'd gotten some half decent critical gear with no resist from the dungeon on my fire. I'm not even going to farm on my myth or ice, it's just not worth wasting hours of my time getting nothing.

Survivor
Apr 19, 2012
Ok, we all get that you think Hades is hogging up the gear, but wait! Once you get it, you'll feel a lot lot lot lot happier and proud. I am trying to get every second of my life to try and see who is getting onto the Malistaire dungeon, to farm him and get my boots and hat. I already have the robe, so i am going to be much happeir with them if i get a friend to bring me in the dungeon. So try and have fun :)
Hannah Moonstone, Level 39 life "Live life to the fullest, like every day is your last."

Survivor
Oct 06, 2008
Healer2704 on Oct 23, 2013 wrote:
Ok, we all get that you think Hades is hogging up the gear, but wait! Once you get it, you'll feel a lot lot lot lot happier and proud. I am trying to get every second of my life to try and see who is getting onto the Malistaire dungeon, to farm him and get my boots and hat. I already have the robe, so i am going to be much happeir with them if i get a friend to bring me in the dungeon. So try and have fun :)
Hannah Moonstone, Level 39 life "Live life to the fullest, like every day is your last."
"...,but wait!"

Umm, no, darling.

I've waited enough.