Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Storm Accuracy Problem

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 08, 2009
Hi, my name is Alex Shadowriver. I'm a level 26 Storm student and I have a problem. It seems like the Storm spells aren't accurate enough at all. I just finished a battle in Wysteria and my Kraken fizzled twice before I finally casted it, and my Storm Shark fizzled twice, too. One time in Krokatopia, I was in a battle trying to use my Kraken for the first time. The spell fizzled 5 times before i finally casted it. 5 times! My brother has been complaining that Storm fizzles too much, too. It seems like the spells are 50% accuracy at its highest. I'm pretty sure this is a problem, so could Kingsisle fix it, please?

Explorer
May 06, 2012
hello young wizard i am a level 85 wizard. i know how you feal HOWEVER i think storm is fine the way it is. storm has the strongest atacks of all so to be fair they had to do this. P.S when you become stronger you will get armor that easly gives you acurcay.

Nathan IronHammer 85

for the win!

Survivor
May 30, 2009
I understand that Storm seems to fizzle a lot, because that is the price to pay to have such strong attacks. If Storm had strong attacks and maybe 80% accuracy that would be pushing it because Storm would be a mad house and probably win lots of things. When you are a higher level you will most likely get gear with accuracy in it to help with your problems. Hope this helped(:

Jordan Dragonshard lv. 78

Kelly Moonshard lv. 42

"I don't believe it."
"That is why you fail."
~Luke & Yoda in Dagobah~

Explorer
Aug 06, 2008
Especially at lower levels, storm is much more powerful than other classes, which is why it needs a lower accuracy and lower health. I'm a level 87 and currently have 101% accuracy from equipment, so don't worry too much. You'll soon be getting accuracy boosting armor.

Adam Seafist lvl 87

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Arcticc on Aug 18, 2013 wrote:
Hi, my name is Alex Shadowriver. I'm a level 26 Storm student and I have a problem. It seems like the Storm spells aren't accurate enough at all. I just finished a battle in Wysteria and my Kraken fizzled twice before I finally casted it, and my Storm Shark fizzled twice, too. One time in Krokatopia, I was in a battle trying to use my Kraken for the first time. The spell fizzled 5 times before i finally casted it. 5 times! My brother has been complaining that Storm fizzles too much, too. It seems like the spells are 50% accuracy at its highest. I'm pretty sure this is a problem, so could Kingsisle fix it, please?
There is nothing wrong here and nothing to fix.
Storm has the highest fizzle rate because they have the strongest unaided spells.
You should have gear that adds to your accuracy rate. You don't need additional strength. My level 35 wizard has a 14% accuracy rating solely due to the gear I have equipped.

Geographer
Mar 12, 2013
By the time you hit level 55 you should have pretty close to 100% accuracy from gear.

Most of the boss drop gear (Krokopatra's Robe, Krokenkahmen's Circlet, I think Meowiarty and Smogger also drop no-auction storm gear) gives a big boost to storm accuracy as well as damage and a little resist.

You can also try to hatch with someone who has a storm-shot ability pet. It's only uncommon so it's actually quite easy to find, and most storm players would rather have other abilities so they're happy to try to hatch out while you are hatching in to this ability. Kraken, triton, and zilla are all common storm school pets with potential storm accuracy talents.