Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

No Pet Derby badges

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 18, 2009
I have recently became a Pet Captain and was very confused when I couldn't show my friends the badge, only to find there are no Pet Badges, besides the very hard to attain Pet Warlord. PVP has its' own set of badges for most ranks, while Derby only has the last one. I would like for there to be another badge slot for your current pet rank. It doesn't seem fair that only ridiculously good Derby users get to show their badges off. My leopard has done well, and I want to show that to others. If Kingsisle could implement this into the game, I would be very happy. I've see other threads like this, complaining about the lack of pet badges, so it seems that it would be nice to have it added for those who like to race.

Thanks,
Jeffrey Shadowglade

Squire
Mar 07, 2011
I just made it to warlord in pet derby racing, and there is no badge for warlords either. I could have sworn in age one I saw people with badges like Pet Commander and Pet Warlord. Anyone else remember this or did they never have pet racing badges?

Survivor
Jan 30, 2013
The Pet Derby only has badges for its First Age titles. I have a badge, called First Age Pet Sargeant. This is the Second Age in Wizard101, so there are no Second Age pet derby badges.

Squire
Mar 07, 2011
Jasmine Wildblood on Aug 30, 2013 wrote:
The Pet Derby only has badges for its First Age titles. I have a badge, called First Age Pet Sargeant. This is the Second Age in Wizard101, so there are no Second Age pet derby badges.
But why exactly did they remove those badges for the second age?

All I can think is that only about a dozen of us ever actually do ranked pet racing so KI decided to get rid of the badges.

Survivor
Jun 20, 2009
Can a staff member please have a look at this thread?
If one of you could reply, as to whether you are aware of this issue, or if it was intentional?
I'd really like if an official could shed some light on this topic, because I for one, was looking forward to equipping my Pet Warlord Badge.
Thanks! I look forward to a response.

Survivor
Jun 20, 2009
Hello all,
For the longest while, I had noticed that there were no second age Derby Badges, while a PvP one was implemented. This left me thinking-why were the Derby Ranks Reset when nothing was wrong with it? The PvP Rank had been reset due to all the Glitches, Puppet Teams, Downrankers..but what about Derby? Nothing was wrong with it, yet our Ranks had been reset.

Our Ranks Reset-okay, no problem.
But no Second Age Badge for us? There is a second age PvP Rank, but none for Derby?
Why could this be? All I have is the First Age Derby Rank, but nothing to show for my work in the second age.

My question is, was this done on purpose? or was it simply a glitch?
I had been asking officials for the longest while, yet no(satisfying) response.

I love Derby-I really do..I'd really love to have something to show for my 2nd Age Rank.
If an Official could clear this up, I'd be really grateful.

~Jack Dragonshield
Pet Derby Enthusiast

Survivor
Aug 04, 2009
I also just reached sergeant and was sad to see no pet derby titles

Squire
Mar 07, 2011
I really don't understand why a professor cannot tell us one way or the other if the pet badge removal was on purpose or if it's a glitch they haven't addressed yet.

There is so much KI could do to promote pet racing, which can be a lot of fun. Some new tracks, the ability to see how many wizards are in line for a race, what age of pet they are using, leader boards, better rewards, etc. etc.

Survivor
Aug 04, 2009
Malt22 on Sep 18, 2013 wrote:
I really don't understand why a professor cannot tell us one way or the other if the pet badge removal was on purpose or if it's a glitch they haven't addressed yet.

There is so much KI could do to promote pet racing, which can be a lot of fun. Some new tracks, the ability to see how many wizards are in line for a race, what age of pet they are using, leader boards, better rewards, etc. etc.
This, This is exactly what I was thinking.. I'd rather pet derby all day then do one pvp match and put up with all the rage and disrespect.. Yet pet derbies are so underrated.. I know not everyone agrees with us but still, a little balance wouldn't be so bad...

Survivor
Jun 20, 2009
Malt22 on Sep 18, 2013 wrote:

Exactly, I've been trying to get the attention of an official for the longest while to at least respond, but my efforts have been to no avail thus far.