Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Missing spell quests!

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jun 05, 2011
Hello!

I found this out by further looking at various schools, including , spell quests are gotten every 10 levels from level 8 on. With my character, I reached level 28 via questing in Marleybone, and I got the spell quest for reaching that level. I received a notification from Prof. Wu, saying that she needed help on an errand. I went to her, but she had no quest nor a spell to learn.

I contacted Support on this, and they only took the words "Notification for a Spell Quest" out of the message that I sent. I also said that I received a similar error on another spell quest for level 18 in Krokotopia. I was sent to get a Jade (or maybe a different green jewel?) stone from the Pyramid in Krok. I grabbed it, and the quest ended. I received no spell from that quest, which was found to later be the minion.

Their response was essentially "Pay closer attention to the message, check the available spells. It might've been a calling for learning a new spell, not a quest." I took a close look at what I said in the message, and I was very clear within what I said.

This quest, having looked it up on the Wizard101 Central Wiki, is for Freddie Nine-Lives to retrieve an item from him. I encountered him with my wizard, who is level 34.

If I could have some help with this, that'd be great!

-Elijah RedThistle, 28
-John RainWalker, 34

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
Markodeath1337 on Aug 17, 2013 wrote:
Hello!

I found this out by further looking at various schools, including , spell quests are gotten every 10 levels from level 8 on. With my character, I reached level 28 via questing in Marleybone, and I got the spell quest for reaching that level. I received a notification from Prof. Wu, saying that she needed help on an errand. I went to her, but she had no quest nor a spell to learn.

I contacted Support on this, and they only took the words "Notification for a Spell Quest" out of the message that I sent. I also said that I received a similar error on another spell quest for level 18 in Krokotopia. I was sent to get a Jade (or maybe a different green jewel?) stone from the Pyramid in Krok. I grabbed it, and the quest ended. I received no spell from that quest, which was found to later be the minion.

Their response was essentially "Pay closer attention to the message, check the available spells. It might've been a calling for learning a new spell, not a quest." I took a close look at what I said in the message, and I was very clear within what I said.

This quest, having looked it up on the Wizard101 Central Wiki, is for Freddie Nine-Lives to retrieve an item from him. I encountered him with my wizard, who is level 34.

-Elijah RedThistle, 28
-John RainWalker, 34
I'm sorry, but I read this post a few times and I'm confused as to what you are currently trying to complete?

If it is one of your Life spells, I'm not sure where you found the rule that "spells are gotten every ten levels"? This link to one of the fansites shows all of the Life School spells (including the Level 28 spell that you mentioned).

http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Spell:Life_School_Spells

On that link you can click on highlighted items for more details (like "prequests", etc.). For example, in order to get the Level 28 spell, you must have completed the Level 18 spell quest.

And don't forget to pick up your spells from the "Other Trainers" too.

As far as the Death School spells, this link shows all of their spells:

http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Spell:Death_School_Spells

It does show that for your Level 28 Death School spell, you have a quest to defeat Freddy Nine Lives, but you didn't say if you are having a problem with this too?

Just like with the Life School spells, for the Death School spells there are "prequests" that you can check on the link above.

For the "teacher needing help with an errand...but she had no quest...". Sometimes the teachers and Headmaster Ambrose get confused. They call us to learn something new, or to go to a new area, but we aren't quite ready for it yet. Sounds like your Professor got a little mixed up.

Check your quest log file, and see if you have any incomplete assignments from your Professor. On your quest log file, for each quest, you can click on the "question mark" in the corner of the quest box, and it will show you all of the dialogue for the quest (who gave it to you, what you have done so far, and what you still need to do to complete it).

Hopefully when you complete all of your school assignments, your wizard will catch up with your Professor, and you will be able to receive the new assignments.

Hope this helped. And Good Luck with your School spells.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Markodeath1337 on Aug 17, 2013 wrote:
Hello!

-Elijah RedThistle, 28
-John RainWalker, 34
To get to Freddy, you must have completed the prequest which is where your problem lies.

It looks like you did not complete that quest. After the green gem, you must talk to Gordon Fleming, then Moolinda Woo to get your spell. You must complete that first:

http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Quest:The_Missing_Gem

After you do that, the level 28 quest should be open to you. But if you don't have access to Chelsea Court yet, you won't be able to that until you've completed quests to gain access.

As for support, their advise is sorely lacking lately...I'm sorry they were not more help.

Explorer
Jun 05, 2011
Well, that's the thing:

I DID complete what I could for the level 18 spell quest, but it auto-completed after I completed one portion of retrieval for Prof. Wu within the quest. Technically, I did complete it. I went back to Wu afterwards, but found nothing in a "Next Quest".

A Family member, later on, made a now Archmage character. The family member has not run into the problem like I did. I created mine in 2010, soon after I started playing with my . The family member created their just last year, soon after the release of Avalon, getting all of the available spells, including the spells that quests glitched on me. It seems to be a glitch that is consistent with my wizard.

I have also found this: I got my Balance to level 38, but the quest for Judgement at level 28 was too hard, so I skipped it for a while. I did not get the quest pop-up for Spectral Minion at level 38, like I would have. Instead, I went and completed the Judgement quest. After that, I still did not get the quest. I leveled up my Balance to level 39, and got the level 38 quest for Spectral Minion.

I've completed the spell quests for my Balance up to the Avalonian Utility spells. My Life character is in the middle of a rut, with this glitch.

Administrator
Markodeath1337 on Aug 19, 2013 wrote:
Well, that's the thing:

I DID complete what I could for the level 18 spell quest, but it auto-completed after I completed one portion of retrieval for Prof. Wu within the quest. Technically, I did complete it. I went back to Wu afterwards, but found nothing in a "Next Quest".

A Family member, later on, made a now Archmage character. The family member has not run into the problem like I did. I created mine in 2010, soon after I started playing with my . The family member created their just last year, soon after the release of Avalon, getting all of the available spells, including the spells that quests glitched on me. It seems to be a glitch that is consistent with my wizard.

I have also found this: I got my Balance to level 38, but the quest for Judgement at level 28 was too hard, so I skipped it for a while. I did not get the quest pop-up for Spectral Minion at level 38, like I would have. Instead, I went and completed the Judgement quest. After that, I still did not get the quest. I leveled up my Balance to level 39, and got the level 38 quest for Spectral Minion.

I've completed the spell quests for my Balance up to the Avalonian Utility spells. My Life character is in the middle of a rut, with this glitch.
You need to complete the quest "Missing Gem" - you have not completed this quest on your Life Wizard.

http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Quest:The_Missing_Gem

Given By: Dr. Gordon Flemming in Krokotopia's Royal Hall before you can complete your requirements for Moolinda's next spell.

All these details are here: http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Category:Life_School_Quests#Life_Spells_from_Quests

community@wizard101.com
Explorer
Jun 05, 2011
Well, that's the problem.

It auto-completed the quest that I went to, The Missing Gem, after I got the Green Gem. It gave me the experience and gold for the quest, but no spell or housing item.

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
Markodeath1337 on Aug 19, 2013 wrote:
Well, that's the problem.

It auto-completed the quest that I went to, The Missing Gem, after I got the Green Gem. It gave me the experience and gold for the quest, but no spell or housing item.
But Professor Greyrose said you did NOT complete that quest.

Before you talk to Professor Wu, the information on the link for that quest says that you must return to Dr. Gordon Fleming first. Then you talk to Professor Wu.

Survivor
Jul 29, 2009
i don't know why its happening, but a similar thing happens to me.
everytime, (or almost every time) i level up, either cyrus drake or Merle Ambrose tells me something like, ''sorry to take you away from your studies, but an urgent matter...'' or come to my classroom if you would like to advance'' etc. (its cyrus because i'm a wizard)
it has been like that for at least 40 levels.

Hunter FireShield Level 76 Wizard

Explorer
Jun 05, 2011
When I went to Dr. Flemming back when I had membership, he didn't give any quests except for the Cyclops Hammer collection quest (Forgotten what it's called).

I contacted support, and the quest was put into my spellbook. Thanks!