Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

It's thing's I got to ask

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 15, 2011
1 first off why when I pvp I all way get put with some one who is at lest 3 to 4 class hire then me?
2 How can I get a shatter spell I am an ice class wizard an if not how can I stop it from being use on me?

any help well be nice

Explorer
Jan 29, 2011
Exsel on Aug 6, 2013 wrote:
1 first off why when I pvp I all way get put with some one who is at lest 3 to 4 class hire then me?
2 How can I get a shatter spell I am an ice class wizard an if not how can I stop it from being use on me?

any help well be nice
Shatter can only be stopped by vaporize (myth dispel).
The first one is not a problem they are still in your skill lvl even though it 3-4 lvls apart

Squire
Mar 07, 2011
1. The reason you are facing higher level opponents is your ranking. A lower level high rank player often gets paired up with a higher level lower rank player. For example, a level 70 Commander might face a level 90 private, and a level 35 warlord could easily face a level 55 private.

2. You can buy shatter treasure cards in The Bazaar.

Survivor
Dec 15, 2011
Thank you i still think they dont like ice player lol but in 1v1 pvp i think i should start pvping in 2v2 an up.
an what class is the card in to stop shatter?

Defender
Sep 19, 2010
Exsel on Aug 6, 2013 wrote:

any help well be nice
PvP is matched according to ones rank, and their level. As close to a fair match as can be attained is what the matchmaking system goes for, but a lot of times it's a bit off. The higher you rank up, the higher levels you face, until you could very well be fighting people double your level(Unless your over half the maximum level, I have yet to fight someone over level 90).
Shatter is a myth school spell attainable in treasure card form, generally from bazaar. It is also attainable from certain amulets. To avoid its efficient usage, you can 1. Cast myth dispels along with your shields to prevent usage of shatter, or 2. Just modify your strategy to be more about debuffs or attacks, and less about shield-shield-shield-shield blade blade hit. Generally a decent tactic is keep up one tower shield or weakness at all times, until your opponent uses excessive blades. Whenever you feel it is most likely that they will attack, you use your shields. A dozen shields casted prematurely, is worth one perfectly placed.(I can be a little long-winded, as I attempt to go for completion in my posts, but this IS fairly good advice).
Malorn AshthornWarlord