Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Is it just me or is this impossible?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 23, 2008
I just got level 58 i am fire .... so i was going to get my level 58 card, but the dungeon here is near impossible to me , I have looked it up and all video say to get crowns and buy henchman , but i do not have any crowns nor do i wish to buy any at the moment... Anybody want to help me out i just really need this next card :)

Champion
Dec 03, 2012
Michael StormStalk... on Jul 30, 2013 wrote:
I just got level 58 i am fire .... so i was going to get my level 58 card, but the dungeon here is near impossible to me , I have looked it up and all video say to get crowns and buy henchman , but i do not have any crowns nor do i wish to buy any at the moment... Anybody want to help me out i just really need this next card :)
You have to do this on your own, ( henchman and minions allowed ) but I do have tips.
Search up somebody fighting them, then mimic them.

Delver
May 04, 2009
I haven't had to play Sothmekhet yet, but I did find this guide to beating him:

http://www.wizard101central.com/forums/showthread.php?116286-A-LvL-58-Fire-s-Guide-to-Sothkethep

And also on that same fansite, this link gives details on Sothmekhet, including what "cheats" he uses:

http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Creature:Sothmekhet

Maybe these can help you?

Defender
Apr 22, 2012
All you have to do is try and try again. I am a pyromancer like you and it took me only one try to get my spells... but for hard dungeons, as this is for you, you have to find out the pattern and spells the boss uses. Then you set your deck accordingly (shields, heals, etc) and, don't be too good to use a blade or trap, they can really help in times like this. Unless it's a cheating boss. Good luck young pyromaniac.

p.s. I did not have crowns until level 63. My first mount was gifted in ms

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
His spells, and cheats, are here:

http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Creature:Sothmekhet

You should be able to beat him easily with a little planning. And you can always buy minion treasure cards in the Bazaar. Perhaps a Life minion to help keep you alive?

Survivor
Dec 26, 2008
Sry to tell you this but no one can help you with a fight like that. Not even someone who's is also Fire and has done it before (weird, right?) Once you've defeated the boss and gotten your spell, that area becomes inaccessible to that person and as we all know; porting isn't allowed. The only advice I can give you is to go train and get better at battling and getting to know the mechanics of the game better because this is a challenge only for you.

Explorer
Oct 04, 2009
I would recommend getting your level 55 spell that may help. But you have to get to sudrilund to get that spell. Also when in doubt, ask friends to help you. I doubt there is a single wizard in this game who soloed it completely without getting help from a friend at least a few times. Don't be afraid to ask your friends for help.

Explorer
Feb 22, 2011
Survivor
Nov 23, 2008
i looked it up and they all use henchman ... ):

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
I have found the guides on Wizard101central to be helpful.

http://www.wizard101central.com/forums/showthread.php?116286-A-LvL-58-Fire-s-Guide-to-Sothkethep

Survivor
Jun 24, 2012
As far as I can remember the boss is . Fire gets a -70 Shield from them. Try the following AFTER shielding with Glacial Shield.

-Stack up Blades and shields, in a sequence.
(Blade, then shield, repeat)

-Get spells like satyr from bazaar items.

Explorer
Nov 29, 2012
I'd suggest using your Fire Elemental minion, the one you got at a lower level. That's what I did when I got the spell. I did it just fine. P.S. Make sure your gear is level 58 gear, it helps you a lot.