Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

New Schools of Magic

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 14, 2008
So i've been poking around here and wizard101 central and have seem a lotf of ideas for new schools of magic going around. I think that we should eventually have new schools, but not until the morganthe arc is completed. Until then though, i have a few ides of my own.

I saw many ideas for an air school. I feel this is a bad idea because air seems like part of storm. Besides, what triangle would this fit into? My ideas for new spells would complete a triangle.

First, i have The School of Chaos. This school would become Balance's natural opposite, letting balance finally get a convert. This schools main focus would be dealing heavy damage to all enemies. It would have a 70% accuracy rating like storm, but average with 5-10% less base health.

The school to complete this triangle is the School of Time. This school's natural opposite will be the School of Stars (i'll talk about that later). This school's specialty would be surviving by having spells that kind of undo things. I.E. they'd have a spell that would act like a ward, but would reflect half the enemies damage. I thought this would fit in to time cause it would be like the wizard going back in time, to revert the damage done. Their health would be good, but not better than ice.

The other three schools would be to add the astral schools as main schools of focus. Sun would focus on enchanting charms, but would have attacks like Solar Flare (a flare from the sun hits all enemies), or sunspot (a ward to leave a DoT effect on the next person to attack you). Moon would be the opposite to sun. They'd focus on cloning the other types, though they'd have spells like High Tide, (The moon causes an ocean to rise and engulf all enemies), and Blinding Night, (a transformation that blinds the enemies causing damage and leaving a lingering aura that lowers accuracy for 4 rounds). Finally there is the star school. Their opposite is the school of time. Before you say oh how are they opposites, ask yourself if it makes sense that storm and myth are opposites. Star school would basically be a bubble school. They could have auras that help the team, and weaken the enemy team. They'd have attacks like Constellation, (a constellation of stars floats on the field dealing damage), and Solar Nebula, (A cloud of dust covers the field and lowers all enemies accuracy, damage, and resistance for 4 rounds).

I'd love to hear your feedback on my ideas. Please do not be rude in your responses. I'm open to criticism but don't be a jerk about it. If you have ideas on spells for these schools post a comment about it.
Jacob Ironeyes- Level 90 storm
Jacob Legendblood- level 88 ice
Jacob Ravenrider- level 76 myth
Jacob Firesword- level 65 fire

Survivor
Jun 24, 2013
This Idea is brilliant.
I would make wizards over and over until I got Chaos.
Good idea

Wolf Mythcrafter 28

Survivor
Oct 14, 2008
I find that this idea is golden and I wouldn't mind having another school to play against. What about a school other than myth that derives it power from minions. I think that KI should expand the number of minions that a player can summon up to 2 instead of one from lvls 1-50 and then 3 from lvls 51-90+ this way a player can have the support they need in battle where they are forced to fight alone.

Getting off topic but I like the Chaos School idea. Balance does not have a direct opposite and I believe thats a great idea :D

Survivor
Aug 08, 2012
There should be a new school the school of

.............................Maths. Just Kidding ,.........

i man is the school of Art where they can summon people or pictures from paintings to be their minion.
The school would be at Marlybone as Marlybone is the place where London in the real world is like.
And London has the greatest paintings. CHEERS

From level 25 sorcerer Artur LegendDreamer

Squire
Jul 04, 2012
This is a really good idea. But I'm afraid KI won't make new schools. Everything would have to change.

Angela Gem
Grandmaster

Mastermind
Feb 06, 2010
Dude if you have been to Pigswick Academy you will know that Chaos is a knock-off of myth. And balance has an opposite. If you have fought balance monsters you should know that they take bonus damage from the spirit schools (Death, Life, and Myth) which means they're opposites are the spirit schools and I think of hydra and chimera as converts. There are 40+ threads about chaos and I always think myth.
Critical

Geographer
Nov 26, 2011
I am sorry, but I will have to disagree with you on this. 7 schools is enough, and it will take a very long time to make these schools, so its probably not going to happen anytime soon.

Survivor
Nov 14, 2008
critical death on Jul 28, 2013 wrote:
Dude if you have been to Pigswick Academy you will know that Chaos is a knock-off of myth. And balance has an opposite. If you have fought balance monsters you should know that they take bonus damage from the spirit schools (Death, Life, and Myth) which means they're opposites are the spirit schools and I think of hydra and chimera as converts. There are 40+ threads about chaos and I always think myth.
Critical
Actually the spirits are boosted against balance, but balance isn't boosted against anything. And Myth/Chaos is what the wysterians call it. Doesn't mean that ravenwood couldn't have a chaos school that is a little different.

Mastermind
Jun 02, 2013
Jacob IronEyes on Jul 27, 2013 wrote:
So i've been poking around here and wizard101 central and have seem a lotf of ideas for new schools of magic going around. I think that we should eventually have new schools, but not until the morganthe arc is completed. Until then though, i have a few ides of my own.

I saw many ideas for an air school. I feel this is a bad idea because air seems like part of storm. Besides, what triangle would this fit into? My ideas for new spells would complete a triangle.

First, i have The School of Chaos. This school would become Balance's natural opposite, letting balance finally get a convert. This schools main focus would be dealing heavy damage to all enemies. It would have a 70% accuracy rating like storm, but average with 5-10% less base health.

The school to complete this triangle is the School of Time. This school's natural opposite will be the School of Stars (i'll talk about that later). This school's specialty would be surviving by having spells that kind of undo things. I.E. they'd have a spell that would act like a ward, but would reflect half the enemies damage. I thought this would fit in to time cause it would be like the wizard going back in time, to revert the damage done. Their health would be good, but not better than ice.

The other three schools would be to add the astral schools as main schools of focus. Sun would focus on enchanting charms, but would have attacks like Solar Flare (a flare from the sun hits all enemies), or sunspot (a ward to leave a DoT effect on the next person to attack you). Moon would be the opposite to sun. They'd focus on cloning the other types, though they'd have spells like High Tide, (The moon causes an ocean to rise and engulf all enemies), and Blinding Night, (a transformation that blinds the enemies causing damage and leaving a lingering aura that lowers accuracy for 4 rounds). Finally there is the star school. Their opposite is the school of time. Before you say oh how are they opposites, ask yourself if it makes sense that storm and myth are opposites. Star school would basically be a bubble school. They could have auras that help the team, and weaken the enemy team. They'd have attacks like Constellation, (a constellation of stars floats on the field dealing damage), and Solar Nebula, (A cloud of dust covers the field and lowers all enemies accuracy, damage, and resistance for 4 rounds).

I'd love to hear your feedback on my ideas. Please do not be rude in your responses. I'm open to criticism but don't be a jerk about it. If you have ideas on spells for these schools post a comment about it.
Could you use another word other than Chaos? Because that's what they call Myth in Pigswick, and I think it would cause some tensions as well as confusion.

Survivor
Nov 14, 2008
SoupWizard64 on Jul 30, 2013 wrote:
Could you use another word other than Chaos? Because that's what they call Myth in Pigswick, and I think it would cause some tensions as well as confusion.
School of Havoc maybe?

Survivor
Jul 09, 2011
Angela Gem on Jul 28, 2013 wrote:
This is a really good idea. But I'm afraid KI won't make new schools. Everything would have to change.

Angela Gem
Grandmaster
I wouldn't mind if we had to start over. But i would mind if we can't keep our membership or crowns places that we've bought. But if it has to do with schools, I would not mind.

Sean RainbowHunter Level 39

Survivor
May 17, 2009
i agree wiith most of you guys, i think that they should make new schools, i also think that they should make more slots for wizards in the main menu. i believe that making the three astral schools main schools, is a really good idea, but i also think that balance shouldnt have a opposite, that is one of the main reasons that it is more balanced to the other schools. but i do really think that they should make some more schools.

Mastermind
Feb 06, 2010
Well balane has to inherit all schools in some way (other than astrals) so we would inherit our opposite which doesn't make sense thus meaning balance cannot have an opposite. I was a jerk in my first post sorry for that.

Survivor
Feb 02, 2010
Remember those schools in Wysteria? Maybe those could be the new schools!

Survivor
Nov 14, 2008
I know that we don't necessarily NEED new schools, but the game has been out since 2008. Eventually they're going to need to something other than add a new world every six months to keep the people who have been playing since the game came out (me included) entertained. I feel like new schools of magic like the ones i suggested would be an adequate addition.

Explorer
Dec 16, 2012

No. the point of Balance is to have NO OPPOSITE. Also, if there are any more schools, they won`t be main ones. They will be more like the Astrals.

Champion
Dec 03, 2012
Moonlighterz1000 on Jul 28, 2013 wrote:
I am sorry, but I will have to disagree with you on this. 7 schools is enough, and it will take a very long time to make these schools, so its probably not going to happen anytime soon.
I totally agree with you, Moonlighterz.

Survivor
Sep 19, 2010
The school I would like to see is the school of time, Found in Polaris/Gobblerton, and the main spell... besides ice and moon... the old gobblers and Polarians follow. the spell is found near the final world of the Morganthe arc, by the way.

Time magic focuses on reversing rounds, From a rate of 1 round to 3 rounds, and will reverse either spells, health, pips, or mana, but not all Four.

The history is that the school was founded some time during the Shadow-web invasion of gobblerton, and was used by the gobblers to escape. Unfortunately, The trainers were left behind, and where used by the penguin and puffin revolutionaries in order to restore Polaris back to a time from before the imperial rule of the Gobbler king, as well as fight back against shadow-webs.

The new found military tool was used by Napoleguin to attack Marleybone, Valencia, and Monquista, However, as the tide of time turned against them, So fell the Polarian empire and most remnants of time magic.

A time obelisk still stands at the capital of the ruined Gobblerton, and another stands at the site of an old, Frozen Life fountain.

Time is the balance of the Astrals, the endless result of the Celestial bodies. the magic of the place that is not a Place. The School colors are Brown and Off-White.

I still haven't really explained how TIme works:

You have four spells: Orthrus, Mythblade, Reverse Pip 1, and Reverse Spell 3.

There are seven normal pips, you cast mythblade on yourself, and next turn, you cast an orthrus.

This round, you have only One minor pip. Since it was last turn, you can cast "Reverse pip 1", Bringing your Pip number back to its original seven. Since it has been three turns of battle, use "Reverse Spell 3" to restore the Mythblade, Orthrus, and Reverse pip 1. Then you can recast Mythblade and, after so many rounds, Orthrus.

Pretty powerful School, without being to different. Probably with better reverses later on in the game.

Defender
Nov 17, 2012
You all seem to be complaining about how we'd all have to start over. I disagree. What if they just release a new world with these schools on it (like they did with Celestia). It's not like they don't release a new world every 10 months or so anyways!

Survivor
Jan 19, 2010

That's not a bad idea. -Alex Thunderstone 89

Delver
Apr 21, 2012
MBCSnake0708 on Jul 27, 2013 wrote:
This Idea is brilliant.
I would make wizards over and over until I got Chaos.
Good idea

Wolf Mythcrafter 28
Sorry to burst your bubble, but the world of Wysteria already has Chaos magic, it's what they call Myth, they change change the names for every school, like Storm is Tempest.