Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

2013 Halloween Nightmare Pack. New Spells!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 05, 2013
Looking for feedback. I think it would be cool if KI put new spells into this years Halloween Nightmare Packs! Also, if they increased the odds of getting these cards so that they aren't one in a million chance like they currently are in the packs. Anyways, here are my spell ideas, feedback is welcome!

DEATH:
Headless Horseman Spell
Cost: 6 Pips
Ability: Deal 475 Damage to all opponents. Virulent Plague also is applied to each opponent.
Animation: The Sleepy Hollow tree emerges from the ground. The tree then bursts open with the Headless Horseman jumping out on his undead horse. The Horseman's horse then rears back while the Horseman swings his sword in a circle above his head while laughing. For the actual attack, the Horseman grabs his "pumpkin head" in his free hand and tosses it at the opponent. Damage is done and Virulent Plague is applied.

FIRE
Diablo
Cost 5 Pips
Ability: Deal 350 Damage plus 250 over 2 rounds
Animation: A small pit of fire opens up dramatically in the ground. A close up view of what appears to be a huge clawed hand reaches out, camera then zooms back to see a small little demon giggling and dancing back and forth. Diablo then leaps forward and clings on the opponent, biting him, then jumping off

ICE
Bigfoot
Cost: 4 Pips
Ability: Deal 350 Damage plus stun the opponent for one round
Animation: A huge hairy foot stomps down out of the sky (you cannot see the creature above the knee), the foot then lifts up in the air, leaving a huge footprint in the snow, then crashes down on top of the opponent a second later.

BALANCE
Anubis
Cost: 7 Pips
Ability: Deal 650-700 damage to opponent
Animation: Two Krocs are seen struggling to opening a sarcophogus. The sarcophogus busts open and Anubis leaps out and roars. Camera zooms to his face as he then eyes down the opposing wizard, snarls and leaps forward attacking with his spear.

MYTH
Werewolf
Ability: Deal 500 damage to opponent. Also casts "Beguile" on opponent for one round
Animation: The sky darkens to show a huge full moon with a craggy rock cliff silhouetted in front of it. The Werewolf crawls forward on the edge of the cliff and howls up at the moon. Still just a silhouette, the wolf turns and looks at the opposing wizard, eyes glowing. He then leaps down on the wizard and attacks.

STORM
Lagoon Creature
Ability: Deal 650-700 damage
Animation: A swampy pool of water appears at the wizards feet, a scaly back is seen floating face down in the water. The creature then stands up in the water and roars. Seaweed and swamp moss are seen all up and down the creature. He then stomps the water and a wave crashes into opponent.

LIFE
Haunted Forest
Cost: 5 pips
Ability: Deal 350 damage to all opponents
Animation: A forest of trees with faces rises up in front of the wizards. The leaves then fall off and their faces turn "haunted" with glowing green eyes and mouths. A green energy then flies out and hits all opponents.

Anyways, Thoughts? Feedback?

Defender
Sep 18, 2010
I guess we're on the same page with the headless horseman. However, we don't need Yeti, Anubis, or Duablo. And Werewolf should also be Moon Spell-much stronger then any polymorph yet. Lagoon Creature and Haunted Forest need better animations and after effects....however, I like where this is going. Or maybe a Gargoyle spell for the Gathoyle Pet at Mega....bye now....

Historian
May 06, 2009
Lore Spells are usually at a Pip Cost of 4-5 Pips so all of these spells need to be at 5 pips at the max. Also Lore Spells come in sets of 3's so I'm afraid 4 of these spells would have to be dropped, but I appreciate you gave every school one Hallowe'en spell.

Damage needs to be reworked on the Ice Spell, Balance Spell, Storm Spell, Myth Spell, and Death Spell

- Good Animation Idea. Love that it's the Headless Horseman idea. Because it needs to be a ranked 5 spell to better fit a Lore Spell and is including Virulent Plague (a rank 3 spell), the damage needs to come way now to about a Rank 2 damage spell to all enemies. I would suggest 275, maybe 300, Death damage to all enemies

- Ok, like the concept again that's good. I'd consider rethinking the animation to be a little less maul-y, but leaving it as is isn't too bad. The spell should do the damage of about Phoenix and the over time effect needs to last for 3 rounds as most do. I'd say a total of 550 Fire damage. So 310 Fire Damage plus 240 Fire Damage over 3 rounds

- I like that you wanted to include Big Foot, but I'm afraid Life's Forest Lord spell already counts for that. Plus Big Foot isn't very Ice-like. May I consider Yeti or Abominable Snowman? I'd bring it up to Rank 5. It should deal 450 Ice Damage, but +30% Ice Trap or some other Ice side effect as Winter Moon already does the current effects. Instead of crushing the enemy, what about stomping the ground and causing a row of ice spikes to charge the opponent?

- Bring it down to Rank 5 and deal about 50 + 420 Balance over 3 Rounds instead as many Balance wizards have asked about an overtime damage spell. This would make it more sought after.

- Again rank it down to 5. Beguile is a Death spell. I wouldn't advise bringing it in for a Myth spell side effect. Maybe instead deal 445 Myth Damage to one opponent and +30% Myth Trap x2?

- Make it Rank 5 and deal 600 Storm Damage +25% Storm Blade and Darkwind. OK, maybe not that powerful, but as side effect of your choosing would just change up the Storm spell from the Catalan Lore spell. Good concept. Might consider just reusing the Water Lurker Model, but the current discription is very intriguing.

- Hmm...interesting concept. Possible use of some will-o-the-wisps. Anyway, this one is about on par, but I'd suggest bringing up the damage to about 395 Life Damage to all enemies.

Good Spells! Just need work.

Survivor
Aug 06, 2009
those are all really good ideas.

Survivor
Dec 14, 2009
These are all really good, one problem i do have is with the myth one, I was hoping us necromancers would get werewolf as a rank 11 spell but the headless horseman would be awesome to have.

James ThunderBlade, Level 86 Necromancer

Survivor
Jun 30, 2013
Absolutely love the headless horseman idea. Good call. I think for a cool idea might have something to do with Excalibur (sword in the stone). It would be cool if it had a mana and hp boost to yourself and/or your party.

Survivor
Jun 14, 2009
I am posting this because I want this to be rank 11 for death, I already have a topic thread on this but heres what I think for the lvl 98 update

2. New world: Anti-City (Consists of one quest for max spell and another for side spell)

This world looks exactly like wizard city except evil and way more stronger, the bosses are strong and they all cheat, but even better you know them! The bosses will be evil versions of, dueling diego,baldur goldpaws, the registrar, ambrose, gamma, and all the school teachers except your school teacher you will have to fight in order to receive your spell, and his minion will be an anti version of you! You will even see old faces like lord nightshade, and malistaire who is hidden behind the death door neat lord nightshade. The main bosses will be malistaire, merle and gamma, maybe even morganthe in the tower where you started. Unicorn way would be home of dueling diego who is a boss that you will fight in the arena, merle ambrose in his office and etc. I miss having missions in wizard city but with a new world like this i wont have to anymore, it will be a cooler wizard city, that's my level! :D

the minions in the new world should be spells, but upgraded versions, like deer knight, mummy, leviathan (in crab alley evil version), winter moon, efreet, skeletal dragon, forest lord, medusa, judgement seraph, ra, etc. that would be awesome, easy to animate, and keep the games concept.

3. New Death Spell/Side Spell: The Chelsea Court Jester

This death attack starts with graves where balloons come from the dirt and begin to pop and form the skeletal clown called the chelsea court jester, he juggles flaming skulls and hurls them at all enemies

Damage:1000-1150 to all enemies
Side effects: 1. Steals all heal over time spells 2. Casts doom and gloom or -80 to all spells

4. Death Side spell: Chaos

Effect: converts a heal over time spell to poison / a damage over time spell to heal

Support if you like if not then :P

Geographer
Nov 26, 2011
Kane Deathwraith on Jul 23, 2013 wrote:
Looking for feedback. I think it would be cool if KI put new spells into this years Halloween Nightmare Packs! Also, if they increased the odds of getting these cards so that they aren't one in a million chance like they currently are in the packs. Anyways, here are my spell ideas, feedback is welcome!

DEATH:
Headless Horseman Spell
Ability: Deal 475 Damage to all opponents. Virulent Plague also is applied to each opponent.
Animation: The Sleepy Hollow tree emerges from the ground. The tree then bursts open with the Headless Horseman jumping out on his undead horse. The Horseman's horse then rears back while the Horseman swings his sword in a circle above his head while laughing. For the actual attack, the Horseman grabs his "pumpkin head" in his free hand and tosses it at the opponent. Damage is done and Virulent Plague is applied.

FIRE
Diablo
Cost 5 Pips
Animation: A small pit of fire opens up dramatically in the ground. A close up view of what appears to be a huge clawed hand reaches out, camera then zooms back to see a small little demon giggling and dancing back and forth. Diablo then leaps forward and clings on the opponent, biting him, then jumping off

ICE
Bigfoot
Animation: A huge hairy foot stomps down out of the sky (you cannot see the creature above the knee), the foot then lifts up in the air, leaving a huge footprint in the snow, then crashes down on top of the opponent a second later.

BALANCE
Anubis
Animation: Two Krocs are seen struggling to opening a sarcophogus. The sarcophogus busts open and Anubis leaps out and roars. Camera zooms to his face as he then eyes down the opposing wizard, snarls and leaps forward attacking with his spear.

MYTH
Werewolf
Ability: Deal 500 damage to opponent. Also casts "Beguile" on opponent for one round
Animation: The sky darkens to show a huge full moon with a craggy rock cliff silhouetted in front of it. The Werewolf crawls forward on the edge of the cliff and howls up at the moon. Still just a silhouette, the wolf turns and looks at the opposing wizard, eyes glowing. He then leaps down on the wizard and attacks.

STORM
Lagoon Creature
Animation: A swampy pool of water appears at the wizards feet, a scaly back is seen floating face down in the water. The creature then stands up in the water and roars. Seaweed and swamp moss are seen all up and down the creature. He then stomps the water and a wave crashes into opponent.

LIFE
Haunted Forest
Animation: A forest of trees with faces rises up in front of the wizards. The leaves then fall off and their faces turn "haunted" with glowing green eyes and mouths. A green energy then flies out and hits all opponents.

Make the fire one do 350 after the first hit over three rounds, add a weakness or a balanceblade/etc to the balance one and probably some other things I might be missing, but good ideas.

Survivor
Nov 05, 2012
Is there going to be a Nightmare pack this year? If so when will it be available

Defender
Nov 17, 2012

DEATH:
Headless Horseman Spell

FIRE
Diablo
Cost 5 Pips

ICE
Bigfoot

BALANCE
Anubis

MYTH
Werewolf

STORM
Lagoon Creature

LIFE
Haunted Forest

The Life spell is overpowered (or at least don't make it an AoE).

The storm spell is underpowered. the other rank 6 storm spell does 795-875. Yours has a 150 damage difference.

Those are my thoughts

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
For the Myth spell, it should stun not beguile. Beguile is a death spell, Stun is a myth spell

Geographer
Nov 26, 2011
savannah mythcraft... on Oct 3, 2013 wrote:
Is there going to be a Nightmare pack this year? If so when will it be available
Probably around mid-October.

Champion
Jun 30, 2009

DEATH:
Headless Horseman Spell

FIRE
Diablo
Cost 5 Pips

ICE
Bigfoot

BALANCE
Anubis

MYTH
Werewolf

STORM
Lagoon Creature

LIFE
Haunted Forest

I like the suggestion before death, but I would suggest a mysterious fog that seem ominous, and then have your headless horseman come out of the fog and do everything as you suggested.

Talon, L76 or 77 Death

Survivor
Aug 31, 2010
: Wearwolf- Polymorph into a wearwolf. Type . Uses special moon attack spells. One is wearwolf (costs 5 pips) Deals 600 damage plus one moon blade. Another move could be called Byte: (Costs 1 Pip) Steal 100 health. Shows you as a wearwolf Biting the enemy. Deals 100 damage. Another could be Full Moon which is a global move that Makes all polymorphs cost 6 pips

: Nova Sun- The Sun is shown shining then the bright sun turns Dimmer and red. Deals 300 damage to all friends, Deals 1000 damage to all enemies. (Costs 9 Pips)

: Alien Invation: (Costs 6 pips) +100 Crit rating to all friends, Absorb to all friends. Kinda like unicorn, where the alien gets summoned and helps all friends.

Hero
Nov 14, 2010

DEATH:
Headless Horseman Spell

FIRE
Diablo
Cost 5 Pips

ICE
Bigfoot

BALANCE
Anubis

MYTH
Werewolf

STORM
Lagoon Creature

LIFE
Haunted Forest

like the life spell i saw a similar one and had hoped there would be a sort of low level (not wizardcity level) to eliminate the unfairness of them of life not having an attack on all at earlier levels like ice fire storm balance and myth and that's pretty much what their idea was

Survivor
Jul 30, 2011

DEATH:
Headless Horseman Spell

FIRE
Diablo
Cost 5 Pips

ICE
Bigfoot

BALANCE
Anubis

MYTH
Werewolf

STORM
Lagoon Creature

LIFE
Haunted Forest

A virulent plague as an affect on a rank 5 spell? No way should be a mass infection of -40%
Should be 330+300 to all plus -45% smokescreen to all
Ice doesn't need another stun spell. Make it 350 damage plus 35% shield to self

this spell is probably fine

Myth doesn't do beguile make it a stun intead

Storm doesn't need another 6 pip one hit. Make it 600 damage to all plus remove first blade from all.
This spell is too weak even for life 425 damage to all would be better

These spells should be craftable and dropped at loremaster to make it fair to those who were not able to but the pack at the time or to future players.

Brandon Ironblade Level 90
Level 61
Level 28