Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

A few small bugs to fix

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 29, 2011
Here are some small bugs I have noticed in the game and that I hope you will fix:

1) Hairstyle colors. When I bought my Owl hairstyle from the Crown Shop I had selected dark brown. In the backpack and in the bank the color of the hairstyle looks fine, the way it looked when it was in the Crown Shop. When my character is wearing it though it looks like it's light brown, and in the friend-screen and the login screen it looks like a bright orange! Others have reported similar visual bugs: purple looking like it's pink, blonde looking like it's blazing silver, etc. Please fix this.

2) Stitched weapon animations. After I stitched my World Burner Rod to a sword, the animation remains a wand-animation rather than a sword-slashing animation. It looks very weird when my character waves her sword the way she would wave a wand.

Administrator
Stephanie Darkhear... on Jul 20, 2013 wrote:
Here are some small bugs I have noticed in the game and that I hope you will fix:

1) Hairstyle colors. When I bought my Owl hairstyle from the Crown Shop I had selected dark brown. In the backpack and in the bank the color of the hairstyle looks fine, the way it looked when it was in the Crown Shop. When my character is wearing it though it looks like it's light brown, and in the friend-screen and the login screen it looks like a bright orange! Others have reported similar visual bugs: purple looking like it's pink, blonde looking like it's blazing silver, etc. Please fix this.

2) Stitched weapon animations. After I stitched my World Burner Rod to a sword, the animation remains a wand-animation rather than a sword-slashing animation. It looks very weird when my character waves her sword the way she would wave a wand.
Thankfully the first issue is already addressed on the Test Realm and I'll have our team look at the second issue.

community@wizard101.com
Champion
Dec 03, 2012
Professor Greyrose on Jul 20, 2013 wrote:
Thankfully the first issue is already addressed on the Test Realm and I'll have our team look at the second issue.
Yay!!!! Savannah's hair will be blond again!!!

Survivor
Mar 23, 2011
Greetings!

I'm not sure if it is fixed, my membership expiried. But after I found scroll, I heard no voice.
And if I bought back all my TP, I didn't can buy back anything from Astral spells. Well, I didn't go next to do quests.

- Thanks!

Survivor
Jul 29, 2011
Thanks, Professor Greyrose!! Good to know my wizard's hair will be restored to normal.

Also I just remembered another glitch, not sure if it has already been reported: When the pet talent "may cast healing current" goes off in battle, it shows the wizard instead of the pet casting the heal. This causes a lot of confusion and accusations of "hacking" in PvP because it looks like the wizard is casting out of turn.

Administrator
When the pet talent "may cast healing current" goes off in battle, it shows the wizard instead of the pet casting the heal. This causes a lot of confusion and accusations of "hacking" in PvP because it looks like the wizard is casting out of turn.
We are unable to reproduce this issue - can you provide more information such as which pet you are seeing with this spell that is then cast by the Wizard?

Feel free to send info and screenshots to community@wizard101.com and we'll keep looking into it! Thanks!

community@wizard101.com
Survivor
Jul 29, 2011
Professor Greyrose on Jul 22, 2013 wrote:
When the pet talent "may cast healing current" goes off in battle, it shows the wizard instead of the pet casting the heal. This causes a lot of confusion and accusations of "hacking" in PvP because it looks like the wizard is casting out of turn.
We are unable to reproduce this issue - can you provide more information such as which pet you are seeing with this spell that is then cast by the Wizard?

Feel free to send info and screenshots to community@wizard101.com and we'll keep looking into it! Thanks!
The talent is called Energizing Battery and it comes from the first-generation Betta Fish. Any pet that has it through hatching can randomly cast "Healing Current" in battle.

It's like how Fairy Friend = may cast "Fairy."

When Healing Current goes off, the animation is glitched and shows the wizard casting, rather than the pet casting. I would try to record visual evidence of this issue for you but it takes time to film and then to crop and upload a video. If you want to duplicate the glitch though, I would recommend using a death wizard with a first-gen Betta Fish equipped (which has Energizing Battery manifested), and then go to some low-level boss like Rattlebones where your experiment won't be interrupted by other players joining. Keep casting self-hit spells like Sacrifice and Empower until the pet detects that you are hurt and does its may-cast heal. Then you'll see that the animation is glitched and it looks like your wizard is casting Healing Current out-of-turn.