Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Pets Creating a new kind of pet?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 12, 2011
I was playing on my wizard (Ryan SoulShard) when I thought, hmmm why not add pets crossing toghter ? It doesn't need to happen all the time, Maybe a rare chance? It will happen from a newly created egg. Think about it, a piggle and dragon making a piagon? Just an idea.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Flaming Thunder on Jul 17, 2013 wrote:
I was playing on my wizard (Ryan SoulShard) when I thought, hmmm why not add pets crossing toghter ? It doesn't need to happen all the time, Maybe a rare chance? It will happen from a newly created egg. Think about it, a piggle and dragon making a piagon? Just an idea.
It's called hatching. It has existed in the game for a long time now. However not all hatches result in a new pet.

Survivor
Apr 12, 2011
RavenLady777 on Jul 18, 2013 wrote:
It's called hatching. It has existed in the game for a long time now. However not all hatches result in a new pet.
So it's in in the game! Thanks!

Ryan SoulShard Magus , second , third

P.S: What pets can do this, or is it random?

Geographer
Nov 26, 2011
Flaming Thunder on Jul 18, 2013 wrote:
So it's in in the game! Thanks!

Ryan SoulShard Magus , second , third

P.S: What pets can do this, or is it random?
You can do it with all pets, however you do not always get a hybrid. Usually you get your pet back or the other persons pet with different talents.

Survivor
Apr 12, 2011
Moonlighterz1000 on Jul 18, 2013 wrote:
You can do it with all pets, however you do not always get a hybrid. Usually you get your pet back or the other persons pet with different talents.
Awww sweet. i'm going to try it with my dragon and fire cat. (Who knows, I might end up with something like a a winged fire cat)

Mastermind
Oct 15, 2010
It only works for the pets that you recieve from your school teacher. For you (fire) that is Helephant, Phoenix, and Efreet. Both pets must be trained to adult, but you can do this with other people. It costs around 35,000-40,000 gold.

Here is a list of the only possible hybrids on the Wizard101 Central Wiki.

Hope this helped!

Explorer
Aug 30, 2009
Flaming Thunder on Jul 19, 2013 wrote:
Awww sweet. i'm going to try it with my dragon and fire cat. (Who knows, I might end up with something like a a winged fire cat)
I'm pretty sure that that could never happen However it would be cool... maybe even a piggle plus a firecat to make a flame pig( blue piggle on fire... but could change the color of piggle and the flame).

Squire
Mar 07, 2011
Hybrid pets can only be created by pairing certain pets in the hatching process. Wizard 101 wiki has a whole section on hybrid pets and how to get them.

www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Category:Hybrid_Pets

Survivor
Jul 18, 2011
Wow...I posted practically the same thing!

Elizabeth Dragonheart

Delver
Jul 17, 2009
how do you get pets from your school?

Survivor
Sep 12, 2009
To get pets from your school, there are some missions given from teachers and characters that your teacher tells you to talk to. Also from other people that don't give you a side quest.

Champion
Dec 03, 2012
mittensk on Aug 5, 2013 wrote:
how do you get pets from your school?
Get to level 48.
Earn your spell.
You get your pet.
You get another pet at 58,68, and 78.

Mastermind
Feb 06, 2010
Hey Flaming Thunder I am willing to hatch but I have really good pet so it would cost a ton of gold. Now to get started go to the pet pavilion. If the gate there is closed go to ambrose. Now you an hatch but it costs a ton of gold.

Hero
Nov 14, 2010
dude hybrids if you want one hatch firecat with mythbat but hybrids are rare