Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Feelings on Marleybone??

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Mar 10, 2010
So i hear a lot of people say that Marleybone is awesome. How the British themes are cool and all the science and stuff like that. But don't you think this place is a bit outlandish? I mean the dogs are afraid of cats (??) and there is basically no sidewalk. It makes Britain seem like a place of all crime. It is always nighttime there which makes it look gloomy.
Some people say that marleybone dogs are the saviors of Celestia and Krokoropia because they recover artifacts and help them. But really, they are just stealing the famous artifacts from these wonderful places and are such cowards that they insist we do it for them. They are just taking up space.

Thoughts???

Amber Rainbowstone - - level 61

Sierra Hex - - level 33

Explorer
Apr 14, 2013
bunnyukti on Jul 17, 2013 wrote:
So i hear a lot of people say that Marleybone is awesome. How the British themes are cool and all the science and stuff like that. But don't you think this place is a bit outlandish? I mean the dogs are afraid of cats (??) and there is basically no sidewalk. It makes Britain seem like a place of all crime. It is always nighttime there which makes it look gloomy.
Some people say that marleybone dogs are the saviors of Celestia and Krokoropia because they recover artifacts and help them. But really, they are just stealing the famous artifacts from these wonderful places and are such cowards that they insist we do it for them. They are just taking up space.

Thoughts???

Sierra Hex - - level 33
First of all it is based off of London, which is where Sherlock Holmes, Jack the Ripper (Jaques the Scratcher), and Scotland Yard are. Second of all I really did like Marleybone, but only because of Dr. Von Katzenstein.

Wolf Ashslinger Level 40

Archon
Oct 24, 2010

Thoughts???

Sierra Hex - - level 33
Um, this is a fantasy game. Did you not notice that Diego the Duel Master is a horse?
Lighten up a bit.
Marleybone was great.

Survivor
Nov 24, 2011

Thoughts???

Sierra Hex - - level 33
Heh. My dog is afraid of cats.

The lack of sidewalks is gently preparing you for future worlds. I happen to love the dogs . And doesn't everyone insist we do everything anyway?

~

Explorer
Mar 10, 2010
I am aware that this is a fantasy game Raven I was just seeing what everyone thought. I happen to love dogs as well. I thought that it was just a little different on my part.

I happen to enjoy the clever word play in Marleybone and the British theme. I am just posting my thoughts.
Marleybone just happened to not be my absolute favorite.

Amber Rainbowstone - - level 63

Sierra Hex - - level 33

Mastermind
Jun 02, 2013
Well, Marleybone gets me down a bit, with no sidewalks, it's always night ( It's like walking down a backstreet alley at night), and I cant find any of the vendors in reagents square. Though, Marleybone is fantasy ( in this game), and if a town was full of crooks, a sidewalk won't help. You'd get robbed anyway. So I'll just leave Marleybone as it is, but seriously, have like a daytime-nighttime cycle and accessibility to Reagent's Square vendors. I STILL haven't got to the wand vendor. ( Speaking of which, is he/she in a building or am I having an animation glitch?)

-Isaac Goldenriver, level 24

Squire
Jul 28, 2011
-I thought it was cool how the stars shown and it was dark and mysterious. Dark doesn't mean gloomy, it means mysterious and kind of calming in my opnion.
-As for the sidewalks, its preperation. In certain places in future worlds, getting around monsters is difficult and nearly impossible.Learn to adapt to not getting pulled in
-There IS crime in the real world! Much of it in a city! Nothing is pointing at London directly....
-Just because they have artifacts, who said they stole them???? In all the quests with museum related stuff, KT and CL gave it to them
-As for cats and dogs, its a twist....Cats teaming up with rats to take down dogs.
-Every single world, most of the people are a little lazy and make us do quests, not just MB

Explorer
Mar 10, 2010
Wizardrox, i respect your opinion, but most people are in the level range on 20-30, and DS and MS both have sidewalks. But the crime should be lessened because kids play this game. We don't want them going to sleep worried about a criminal cat breaking in. The majority of the worlds have you do them because:

1. They are spirit and are no longer physically functional
2. They are sick or not able to
3. They are enslaved or somewhat prevented of doing the action.
4. They are making a deal with you

Amber Rainbowstone - - 64
Sierra Hex - - 33