Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

why is azteca so hard?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 03, 2012
Azteca is really hard i can't do anything without a friend or someone who is going into battle and since i am storm the bosses or minions are i can't kill them since they have so much resist.

Geographer
Mar 12, 2013
Use your prisms and mass prisms

Look at your gear. How's your resist and storm crit block? Did you craft some of the better avalon gear or do you have some other way (pet) to protect and heal?

What spells do you have to shield and heal yourself when you are facing heavy hitters?

As storm you should be able to solo minions in the streets

Survivor
May 03, 2010
Yes, Azteca is much harder then previous worlds. KI's ended the simple game that a clever child can figure out with a parent's help to a game that the parent's need some child creativity to get them through. The critical system's been turned against us by the enimies- they have pip advantages, the advantage of numbers, and cast shields again. But I don't think that Azteca is TOO hard. Most things are still soloable (Pyrimids and bosses like Young Morganthe and Malistaire the Undying remain out of my grasp). Some classes naturally have it easier then others. Life is self supporting, Ice has HP to take those first hits, and Death drains life, but Storm and Fire- we do have it pretty rough. We have less hit points, so we have to hit faster. But they can kill you in a few turns. My suggestion? Change your strategy. The strategy I used for fighting Fire in Krokotopia which was 'I'm in 6th grade- FIRE CAT FIRE CAT FIRE CAT' doesn't really work that well. Now it's combining polymorphs, fields, prisms, dispels, weaknesses, shields... even as fire, I don't play aggressive. I don't even consider fire the hardest to fight- they just require the most unique strategy. I have a storm as well- not too high level, and it's true they're harder- but everything's possible. All you have to do is spend maybe a thirty minute session just looking at your cards and again and thinking 'Why did STORM get this?'. KI's a strategy group- they gave you plenty of tools. Some are just harder to see. I wish you the best of luck figuring out how to play storm with storm, and I thank you for reading my essay and getting past the grammar and spelling that most likely haunt the entire blurb.

Happy adventuring,
Alejandro Trollhunter, Rank X Boss

Explorer
Jun 30, 2013
DaMiniTroll on Jul 6, 2013 wrote:
Yes, Azteca is much harder then previous worlds. KI's ended the simple game that a clever child can figure out with a parent's help to a game that the parent's need some child creativity to get them through. The critical system's been turned against us by the enimies- they have pip advantages, the advantage of numbers, and cast shields again. But I don't think that Azteca is TOO hard. Most things are still soloable (Pyrimids and bosses like Young Morganthe and Malistaire the Undying remain out of my grasp). Some classes naturally have it easier then others. Life is self supporting, Ice has HP to take those first hits, and Death drains life, but Storm and Fire- we do have it pretty rough. We have less hit points, so we have to hit faster. But they can kill you in a few turns. My suggestion? Change your strategy. The strategy I used for fighting Fire in Krokotopia which was 'I'm in 6th grade- FIRE CAT FIRE CAT FIRE CAT' doesn't really work that well. Now it's combining polymorphs, fields, prisms, dispels, weaknesses, shields... even as fire, I don't play aggressive. I don't even consider fire the hardest to fight- they just require the most unique strategy. I have a storm as well- not too high level, and it's true they're harder- but everything's possible. All you have to do is spend maybe a thirty minute session just looking at your cards and again and thinking 'Why did STORM get this?'. KI's a strategy group- they gave you plenty of tools. Some are just harder to see. I wish you the best of luck figuring out how to play storm with storm, and I thank you for reading my essay and getting past the grammar and spelling that most likely haunt the entire blurb.

Happy adventuring,
Alejandro Trollhunter, Rank X Boss
Well said.

Survivor
Dec 24, 2010
I'm taking a break and doing another character because I got burned out fighting all those bosses in all those caves. My girl is balance so it takes a long time to beat a 20k boss. And some of these have two bosses. And the spell battle ... forget it. I had to buy a minion for crowns. I've had to do that twice now.

Anyway, my ice guy is in Dragonspyre so that's a change. I'll come back to it after awhile. :)

Survivor
Jun 17, 2013
king Aurthur771 on Jul 4, 2013 wrote:
Azteca is really hard i can't do anything without a friend or someone who is going into battle and since i am storm the bosses or minions are i can't kill them since they have so much resist.
Well, couldn't you just make a myth account and go to Azteca to pretty much dominate the storm. Oh yeah, have high storm resist because myth isn't only just good on storm, its also WEAK to it