Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Pet Training: Ancient?

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jan 07, 2013
Greetings! I was wondering if I should train my pet to Ancient. It is a Deer Knight with Fairy and Spell Proof. The pet I hatched with had Guardian Wall, Spritely, and I think Mana Gift (I don't remember). The pet I used for hatching, a Gargoyle, had Fairy and May Cast Conviction. I've been disappointed before, so I don't want to waste time and snacks. Any thoughts?

Defender
Nov 15, 2008
Shadow of the Past on Jun 29, 2013 wrote:
Greetings! I was wondering if I should train my pet to Ancient. It is a Deer Knight with Fairy and Spell Proof. The pet I hatched with had Guardian Wall, Spritely, and I think Mana Gift (I don't remember). The pet I used for hatching, a Gargoyle, had Fairy and May Cast Conviction. I've been disappointed before, so I don't want to waste time and snacks. Any thoughts?
train it

Explorer
Jan 07, 2013
Just trained it to Ancient. It got May Cast Conviction. Oh well. I hatched it with my Scarecrow that had May Cast Deathblade and May Cast Vengeance. Got a Scarecrow back, hoping for the best.

Survivor
Feb 15, 2009
I would train it to ancient. There is a chance you will get spritely, so i would go for it.

Survivor
Apr 18, 2013
Always train a pet to the fullest. The more the eldest, the more the wiser.

Delver
Nov 05, 2011
Avatar Angel Hex on Jul 12, 2013 wrote:
Not for me!
Have you done that with a bad pet like a striped boar (those things only have selfish talents)

Champion
Aug 20, 2010
Avatar Angel Hex on Jul 12, 2013 wrote:
Not unless you get a pet derby talent or stormblade card.