Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Problems with other wizards

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 28, 2010
Some wizards are scam people. They like to say, " if you give me this i will that ". I unfortunately fell for one of these scams and that guy made off with all my treasure cards Now my question is, can we stop them My idea of stopping that guy from scamming others was reporting him. but i am unsure if wizard101 did anything. But i have found a way to stop them. Post the name of the person who scammed you here and then maybe wizard101 will do something. i am pretty sure wizard101 will like monitor his or her activities until they have conclusive evidence that she or he is scamming people. i think the consequence would be being muted for a while.
What do you think

Conner Shadow Hunter, level 50 Necromancer

Survivor
Feb 03, 2009
Kingsisle should not have to worry about wizards letting others steal treasure cards.

Scammers usually, if not always choose low-level wizards as victims, so treasure cards shouldn't be hard to re-obtain anyway.

If you don't like a wizard, report them for rude behavior.

Hero
Jul 30, 2012
Although I don't condone scamming people, I suppose this is a reasonably good environment for kids to learn (the hard way) about scams and getting taken advantage of. Wizard101 was a very good medium for teaching my 7yo daughter about various behaviors of people. I like to think of the game as an excellent training environment for kids.

And learning goes both ways. Last night a level 30 something asked my promethean for help in a dungeon. Sure, no problem. Part way in he ports away never to return and doesn't reply to texts. Sure, fine maybe my wizard smells bad. 5 minutes later he asks for help for something else! I reply 'nope' and delete friend. He lost a helpful lvl 90 friend and hopefully learned some etiquette lesson.

RottenHeart

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
The Necromancer on Jun 5, 2013 wrote:
Some wizards are scam people. They like to say, " if you give me this i will that ". I unfortunately fell for one of these scams and that guy made off with all my treasure cards Now my question is, can we stop them My idea of stopping that guy from scamming others was reporting him. but i am unsure if wizard101 did anything. But i have found a way to stop them. Post the name of the person who scammed you here and then maybe wizard101 will do something. i am pretty sure wizard101 will like monitor his or her activities until they have conclusive evidence that she or he is scamming people. i think the consequence would be being muted for a while.
What do you think

Before you start reporting players you should look at some topics under "Headmaster's Announcements".

1. Scamming IS NOT REPORTABLE, so if you reported a player for this, you filed a false report and it is counted against you and not the player you reported. The only thing you can do if you see this happening to another players is to try to warn the victim.

2. You can not name any wizard negatively on this site or on Central.

@Shoaib32, rudeness is NOT REPORTABLE.

Cursing, and cursing around the filter is reportable. Bullying and harassment have a very fine line to cross before they are reportable.

As I said, please check the topics under the Headmaster's Announcements be fore you start reporting others so you can avoid filing false reports.

Survivor
Jun 18, 2013
What do you think

D: never trust random people saying that, that aren't your friends.. There's the solution

If you lose you lose. If you win.. Good Job

Delver
Apr 11, 2012
What do you think

As unpleasant as it is that you were robbed of your treasure card, both parties agreed to the trade and therefore it is a fair trade. Reporting wizards of scamming is not a relevant report and nothing will be made of it.
No offense to you, but it is foolishness to think that someone would gift you items worth $30 of real money for a few invaluable treasure cards. You should have learned your lesson and know not to succumb to those Wizards.
Also, if you were unaware of this, everything entered into the chat log to recorded and reviewed.

~Miranda Thundergem
Legendary Theurgist