Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Gardening App

AuthorMessage
Defender
Jul 10, 2009
People are always complaining about how when you go on a trip away from computers, all of your plants die. I think KI should create a free app for smartphones that lets you take care of your plants on Wifi or data. It could show all of your plants, all of your gardening spells and how much energy you have. That way you could take your garden with you .

Haley MoonHeart, Archmage Thaumagture

Survivor
Aug 28, 2010
This is a great idea... or if KI doesn't want to do that, they should make a spell that keeps your plants happy for a day, week, etc. The only problem i see, is that since the plants are in your house, it may require for them to let you be in your house too. If this happens, then people may wonder why the app can't be multiplayer. I can see it snowballing. Great ideas though!

It takes skill to beat a boss, but heart to be a wizard

Hero
Jul 30, 2012
Plant needs are event driven based on you arriving at your house. If you take care of all plant needs at a house, then leave quickly before any new needs arise you can stay away for as long as you like. Weeks or months. New needs will not be activated until you return to your house. Just don't revisit your house unless you have enough energy to satisfy all the needs again.

~ RottenHeart

Survivor
Jul 30, 2011
Haley MoonHeart on Jun 4, 2013 wrote:
People are always complaining about how when you go on a trip away from computers, all of your plants die. I think KI should create a free app for smartphones that lets you take care of your plants on Wifi or data. It could show all of your plants, all of your gardening spells and how much energy you have. That way you could take your garden with you .

Haley MoonHeart, Archmage Thaumagture
Excellent idea. I would gladly pay for an app like this and im sure many others would as well.

Survivor
Jul 30, 2011
RottenHeart on Jun 5, 2013 wrote:
Plant needs are event driven based on you arriving at your house. If you take care of all plant needs at a house, then leave quickly before any new needs arise you can stay away for as long as you like. Weeks or months. New needs will not be activated until you return to your house. Just don't revisit your house unless you have enough energy to satisfy all the needs again.

~ RottenHeart
I don't ever recall this being true for me, but maybe I'm mistaken. KI, is this how it works?

Squire
Jul 28, 2011

~ RottenHeart
Not for Angela Dragonstone

Defender
Dec 12, 2012
I would love to get something like that! It should be avalible for everything that can be tooken on the go. It should also be avalible for evey kind of tablet,smartphone,etc.It should be free too, for those kids that are like 10 or 12 or something like that.

Hero
Jul 30, 2012
You can be well assured that my previous post regarding gardening is correct. You must ensure that ALL plant needs for a given house are taken care of before leaving. Note that the inside of a house is treated separately from the outside. If you accidently visit a house then leave the plant needs will be triggered again. So it's a good idea to have a designated general purpose non-gardening house for general use (storing stuff, crafting, porting to/from, etc).

I use my old Tranquile Cottage as a general purpose house. It's my primary house. Then I set up crafted portals nicely organized for quick and easy movement to my other houses. Because I rotate between my gardening houses I place a piece of junk at the base of the portal I am about to go through and garden. This acts as a token reminding me next time which house garden was the last one I visited. For nice flexibility place return portals at each house so you can easily return go your primary house.

Never visit a gardening house if you don't have sufficient energy to take care of all plant needs.

RottenHeart, Lvl 90
(Legendary Gardener, Transcendant Crafter)

Survivor
Feb 06, 2010

~ RottenHeart
Thank you for saying that. I did not know that. Thank you so much.

Tyler Earthrunner Grandmaster of Life