Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Why Did You Choose Your School?

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jun 04, 2011
Great Question . Just recently (actually, today :D) I started Zafaria, and I am really excited to be able to get this far in the game. My school is Ice, and originally I didn't like how our spells were weaker than others. Now, I TOTALLY see the benefits of joining the School of Ice. High health, and steady, progressive attacks are what I love about Ice. You may not realize it in the beginning of the game, but Ice becomes very powerful towards the middle of your questing. Now I'm flying through levels, and having loads of fun . I chose Ice in the beginning from the little quiz they give you, and it was a match made in heaven .

Emmaline Iceshard
Lvl. 60 Legendary Thaumaturge

Survivor
Aug 14, 2009
I took a test but, Balance is my fav

Marissa Frostsong 33

Andrea Ravemflame 7

Tiffany Dragoncrafter 5

Survivor
Jul 04, 2012
I chose death because i like the fact that some of the spells can attack and heal. Also, i like that death can solo easier because my friends are usually busy.

Olivia Soulcatcher

Mastermind
Jun 02, 2013
I took the quiz and it gave me Fire: what a coincidence. I've been playing on my Fire Wizard ever since (Isaac Goldenriver) and now I'm a level 42.

Survivor
Jul 27, 2012
Well a few reasons..

It was given to me by the quiz and
I really like the healer type, I feel safe in battle. its also good whether I'm alone or not

-Samantha SpiritSinger, Master Theurgist

Survivor
Aug 08, 2012
me personally, i think either life and fire or myht and life are great together. the reason being, with life and fire, you burn your opponenet while you heal. with myht and life, you can heal the minion you cast and then use an earthquake or basilisk to win.

Explorer
Jun 04, 2011
I chose Ice because that's what the quiz gave me, other than that I did not have much background on the school itself. Also, my first membership was used on my ice wizard, because she was the highest level out of all of my wizards. But I love the School of Ice, and it was a great choice

Emmaline Iceshard
Lvl.64 Legendary Thaumaturge

Survivor
Jul 10, 2013
Well i have a wizard because i like healing and helping others and plus i get lots of health.

Explorer
Jun 10, 2012
My favorite school is probably myth. It deals alot of damage (not as much as fire or storm though), takes away shields and traps, and i love mythology! it interests me greatly! Also, i heard that Myth is the second hardest school to master besides balance. (It was quite easy for me though) My highest ranking wizard is Autumn Firethief, who is fire. Fire suits my personality better, but myth holds most of my interest and my fighting style.

~AngelcatDemondog
Autumn Firethief
Fallon Mythstrider

Explorer
Nov 11, 2012
When i first took the test it said i was balance..but i decided to be death because i wondered about the spells and i thought being a death wizard would be more "mysterious", but I think when i hit max level i'll make a wizard in myth or balance. I still love my death wizard though

~Keena Dream lvl 56 Necromancer

Survivor
Dec 21, 2011
I just do the test over and over and I keep getting balance even when I was trying to do the other schools so I decided was the best school for me

Mastermind
Dec 17, 2010
Well, when I first started play Wizard101, I became an Ice Wizard (Because my favorite color is blue ) But then my friend (Real life friend) told me that only Death Wizards could go into Nightside. (He was still a low level and did not know everyone could unlock the door,) So I made a Death character, and I liked the steal spells. So when I went to go into the door, it did not open. Because I liked the steal spells so much I stayed Death and found that it is very good.

-Nicholas Hawkspear, proud Death Wizard level 90

Survivor
Feb 23, 2013
I chose balance because when I first started in 2008 the quiz told me that's what I was. then I started playing again this year after a month I started to do balance again.

hunter master

Explorer
Jun 04, 2011
I say my previous post about the ice school being my favorite choice, but after getting into Avalon a bit, I feel as though I needed a change. This is also another reason why I love Wizard101 so much. You grow with the game and learn about it as you go along. I made my ice character at least three years ago, and being inexperienced back then, I explored all areas, without actually choosing the things that would benefit my school. Now, I know better what to choose and how to go about the game, so I chose my next favorite school, . Let's just say that me and storm school were meant to be .

Mackenzie Stormblade
Lvl. 67 Legendary Diviner

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Emmaline Iceshard on Dec 12, 2013 wrote:
I say my previous post about the ice school being my favorite choice, but after getting into Avalon a bit, I feel as though I needed a change. This is also another reason why I love Wizard101 so much. You grow with the game and learn about it as you go along. I made my ice character at least three years ago, and being inexperienced back then, I explored all areas, without actually choosing the things that would benefit my school. Now, I know better what to choose and how to go about the game, so I chose my next favorite school, . Let's just say that me and storm school were meant to be .

Mackenzie Stormblade
Lvl. 67 Legendary Diviner
When I started Wizard101 I just followed the questions and my first wizard was Ice. I had no real problems with it, but like you I made some mistakes along the way, especially with training points. I still managed to get my Ice wizard all the way through Azteca. Next I tried Death school, was also great for me for going mostly solo. Played that up to the end of Azteca too. Tried myth, didn't go far with me. Tried Life, very easy for solo but kinda boring for me, quit that one in the 50's.

Then I tried Storm... I found my school. It was an instant match made in heaven. I really have no desire to try Balance and Fire. I've played my son's Balance character, it's fun, just not me. Fire I have never wanted to play, mainly because of the overabundance of DOT spells.

Explorer
Jan 03, 2010
Mastermind
Dec 17, 2010
Well, to be honest, I would have been an Ice Wizard if it was not for a lie.

My favorite color is blue, so, naturally, I picked the School of Ice. Then, my friend (in real life) told me that you had to be a Death Wizard to get into Night Side. Well, being a young noob, I deleted my Ice Wizard and got a Death Wizard. I was very mad when I could not get into Night Side. But, I saw how it was cool that Death Wizards could attack and heal at the same time, so I stayed Death.

-Nick
"When the battle gets deadly, summon a Death Shield"

Explorer
Jun 26, 2013
My first was my fire wizard and I loved it so much. My friend kind of influenced me into picking this school of magic because his first wizard is also fire. This is kind of one of the reasons why I chose the school of fire but the main, main reason was because I love the element of fire a lot and if it is used correctly it can be very calm and peaceful but can also be used to hurt people very badly.

Sarah SparkleCloud 95 pet warlord

Survivor
Jan 22, 2010
I got balance on the quiz its my favorite school and has been for years.

Jonathan ThunderStaff 95
Valdus WildTamer 71

Survivor
Dec 21, 2008
Well I've done just about all of the schools but I would say my favorite has always been storm. Before you say "That's just because of the power", it's actually because I've always loved storms, lightning, or any form of nature that has to do with storms so I love the spells. I also love the audio for storm spells and of course the siren spell!!

Defender
Mar 08, 2013
Death. I always love playing the evil character more than the good one. But that was before I knew the storyline and that no one is actually bad. After that fire is my favorite.

Survivor
Jan 14, 2011
I chose Myth because I wanted an Orthrus, and the hybrids of it. Especially the Jade Hound and the Tempest Hound, the Tempest Hound I already have and the normal Orthrus as well, even though I'm only level 29 at the time...
And I might get the Jade Hound today.
Mission accomplished.

forever!

Survivor
Nov 25, 2010
Well, I made my first and best wizard around 4 years ago. I used to always listen to whatever my cousin had said. One day he introduced Wizard101 to me, and when I had to do the quiz for one of the 7 schools, I got life. I asked if that was good and he said: "Yes, it's the best school out there!" so I accepted it. I've had my life wizard for a very long time and have been through so much with him. I used to not really enjoy being life particularly in the first 3 worlds cause they had lower damage then the rest (except ice), but after marleybone I realized how awesome the school of life really is!

Ronan TitanHunter Level 95

Survivor
Jun 25, 2011
I chose Ice, because that's what the test gave me. I really liked it, because I'm not normally offensive. One of my friends has two strong offensive schools, so I kept Ice and added Life as my secondary. I really enjoy being on the defensive side, though it's much easier to do boss fights when you're offensive.

Emma Ravenstone, level 35

Mastermind
Feb 06, 2010
I am starting an ice (first time on an ice) and it's fun. It's definitely a change from storm and fire. I like how i can get a tc ice blade and go crazy against bosses. Survivability + damage = best school for me.