Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Why Did You Choose Your School?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 24, 2011
balance for the win its the best school by far
dustin spellsinger level 90

Champion
Mar 28, 2010
Shannon Skybreaker on May 29, 2013 wrote:
Hello. I decided I wanted to ask, why did you choose the school you are in now? Or the one that you play the most on, because we all have a favourite. Thank you for filling in your response, I shall be sure to read!
~Shannon Skybreaker
I play the most on my life because he is almost done with the game. If I had to choose a favorite, I enjoy being on my death, myth, fire, and balance.

Adam Wintersinger Level 90 Thaumaturge One in A Million (Earned by hitting a million)

Wolf Strongbright Level 88 Theurgist Hero of Avalon (Earned by Saving King Artious and Avalon)

Luke Dragonblood Level 45 Sorcerer Hero of Marleybone (Earned by doing all Marleybone side quests)

Angel Level 30 Pyromancer Master Diplomat (Earned by getting my Level 18 spell)

Talon Level 19 Necromancer Savior of Wizard City (Earned by completing all Wizard City quests)

Valdus Level 15 Conjurer Wizard City Explorer (Earned by finding all the smiths in Wizard City)

Survivor
May 13, 2010
I chose . Working on a though. maybe might start on my for damage. Balance is pretty good in the pvp area for 1v1. I might make a for 1v1 too. I still prefer balance due to mana burn and supernova though.

Survivor
Feb 14, 2011
I chose because that is what the test gave me and it stuck. I also started to do other wizards to get a feel for most schools.

Wolf

Wizards

Survivor
Dec 29, 2012
I like death because in scary movies I laugh when people die lol and I like how death uses the power of chaos and how the drain their enemy to help them self go necromancers

Survivor
Mar 07, 2011
I chose Death because I like how their spell works, as in attacking and healing at the same time. I also like it because it is a special school. The death professor is a villain and even the school has its own "place". Death school pets also look cool. And the last thing, I LOVE Creepy things, so the death school is perfect.

My second school is Balance because of their defense spells and there are nothing that can stop balance except Tower Shield, Unbalance, and Weakness. And also, I tend to be a neutral person, so I don't usually choose sides. That's why I also chose Balance.

Survivor
Feb 28, 2012
I choose Life. Because It has good spells, power pip chance is very high, Critical rating is very good.

Survivor
Dec 16, 2012
I started off with the test giving me a fire wizard, the I thought that I should make a life wizard because I wanted healing spells

Survivor
Jun 18, 2013
I have 2 favorite Schools

and
I choose Myth because I like having minions to help me fight

I choose Ice because it's the closest to Sky and its what the quiz gave me

Survivor
May 11, 2010
I chose my school, balance, because I wanted to pick all the schools so I went with balance, scence it focuses around all schools.

Andrew Dragontamer - Level 7 wizard.

Explorer
Jun 16, 2011
i chose my school i just kept doing the quiz until i got something i liked. just happened to be life.

Survivor
Nov 04, 2012
Hello. I decided I wanted to ask, why did you choose the school you are in now? Or the one that you play the most on, because we all have a favourite. Thank you for filling in your response, I shall be sure to read!
~Shannon Skybreaker
I choose my school because it has some interesting things and is second strongest next to storm and most accurate like death . I may not be as strong as everyone else but i do know how to use my spells and set up a critcal attack. So i chose myth because it seems harder to master. If you have disaggrements please meet me in death tower in scarecrow realm thanks peace out.

wizard lvl 32 or 33

Survivor
Aug 11, 2012
i chosen fire because that school had some great spells.
james boomcaster

Survivor
Apr 13, 2013
i choose because it has an awesome teacher

Explorer
Jun 20, 2013
I chose life because that's what I got when I did the test and because it's like the healing school. :P

Delver
Jan 13, 2010
I was a kid when I started playing, so I randomly took the quiz and just done what I thought it would be.
Firstly, I got balance, and I didn't know what to do. I just clicked next, and from then on, I say Balance is the great school for me.

Cole Dunerunner

Survivor
Apr 04, 2010
Well, when I took the test in the beginning of the game, I got fire. I guess I just really liked the storm symbol, so I chose it.

"Your life is yours, and the only person who can truly change it is you."

Mindy Goldpetal, Magus Diviner

Defender
Aug 12, 2012
~Shannon Skybreaker
I took the test and filled in everything about me, but when I got to the gems, ruby was the only one I recognized! But coincidently, the next day I found out that ruby is the gem for the month of my birthday =3

-Nathaniel Redflame level 46

Defender
Aug 12, 2012
badluckboy on Jun 28, 2013 wrote:
I like death because in scary movies I laugh when people die lol and I like how death uses the power of chaos and how the drain their enemy to help them self go necromancers
Why do you laugh when they die? lol.

-Nathaniel Redflame level 46

Survivor
Jul 01, 2012
I choose life as my 1st school because I thought it was an interesting school and it's a good solo school because of the accuracy and heals. Even if I got fire on the quiz, my best wizard was my life wizard.

Sophia Raven lvl 90

Survivor
Jun 24, 2013
I chose fire because my freind told me the best combo was and and i got to level like eight in an hour!

Survivor
Mar 25, 2013
i chose because it is both for healing and fighting, i found on my very first account, which was i kept losing to bosses so i quit that account and made a one. i found that is helps a lot and it is the best way to defeat bosses, the quickest anyway.

Mazkenzie LifeRiver!

Defender
Sep 09, 2012
I chose myth....
1. Minotaur
2. Orthrus!
I am a proud owner of an orthrus
Emma Emaraldsword

Survivor
Nov 24, 2011
I'm totally torn between life and storm. Life is a beautiful school of magic and it fits my personality the best. I love it's play style, being able to heal myself and others, I simply love being able to help. But storm is the best fitting play style for me. I love being able to take down enemies like *that*. I like being a tank.

~

Geographer
Mar 12, 2013
The duck of destin... on Jul 18, 2013 wrote:
I'm totally torn between life and storm. Life is a beautiful school of magic and it fits my personality the best. I love it's play style, being able to heal myself and others, I simply love being able to help. But storm is the best fitting play style for me. I love being able to take down enemies like *that*. I like being a tank.

~
Storm is not a tank. Unless by tank you mean, like, a fish tank.

Ice is a tank, life is a tank. They all can get about 5k health and 60+ percent global resist at lvl 90.

Efreets and levies bounce off their hulking armor like nerf balls off the side of a freight car. And then there's tower. And guardian spirit.

If you're talking military tactical groups, storm is more of a howitzer than a tank. Vulnerable to tactical strikes, but if ignored or underestimated, one-hit kills anything in its considerable range.