Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Feedback Friday 5-24-13

AuthorMessage
Administrator
Hello Wizards! Time flies when you're having fun, and we've been having a lot of fun - so it's flown fast! It's already Friday again, so it's time for feedback!

This week will be part 2 of 7 asking about specific school spells. This week, it's fire. I promise we'll get to everyone eventually, so if you don't have a fire wizard (or an opinion on the specific spell), please be patient and we'll circle around!

Life Wizards: Discuss whether or not you think Guiding Light should apply to incoming Death School heals.

Have a great weekend, folks!

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!

“If the Mind is like a candle, the Heart is like the sun.” Professor Falmea
Squire
Mar 07, 2011
If Doom and Gloom affects the spell then healing boosts should affect it. If Doom and Gloom has no affect on the spell in question, then healing boosts cannot apply.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
Im a death wizard and no, I don't feel guiding light should apply to our spells, for one reason; the card says all outgoing HEALING spells, not outgoing hit and heal spells. the OUTGOING spell is an attack, the secondary function of the spell, not primary, is healing. i would love to see something boost the 2ndary spell effects, but guiding light should NOT effect Death (or fire) spells.

Explorer
Feb 06, 2010
Personally I don't think it should apply to incoming Death School heals because all of the Death School heals are from attacks. Guiding Light should be used for spells purposely meant for healing. However, I think Guiding Light should apply to Sacrifice because it's for the sole purpose of healing somebody. While we're on that topic though, I think that when you cause 250 damage to yourself, it shouldn't use your blades.

~ Katherine Winterpetal - lvl 90 life wiz :-)

Survivor
Dec 18, 2010
I don't think so.

First, a Blade affects ALL parts of a spell. An example would be the spell Immoliate. If you use it with a fire blade, the damage not only increases on the enemy, but also on yourself. I doubt people would want to sacrifice more than they have to.

Second, the blade is a life school spell. Using it for a death heal would not really promote the fact that death is the opposite of life.

Finally, if you want this idea to be true, then add a death spell like this: Wraith's Blade; will increase the amount of healing incoming from a life-swap spell. Costs 0 pips.

This is all I have to say.

Explorer
Jul 16, 2012
A link to the wiki page is here.
Only to single attack spells. Guiding Light+Scarecrow=MASSIVE HEAL

Defender
Apr 22, 2012
Professor Falmea on May 24, 2013 wrote:
Hello Wizards! Time flies when you're having fun, and we've been having a lot of fun - so it's flown fast! It's already Friday again, so it's time for feedback!

This week will be part 2 of 7 asking about specific school spells. This week, it's fire. I promise we'll get to everyone eventually, so if you don't have a fire wizard (or an opinion on the specific spell), please be patient and we'll circle around!

Life Wizards: Discuss whether or not you think Guiding Light should apply to incoming Death School heals.

Have a great weekend, folks!

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!
I have a life wizard and my Mom has a death wizard, I wouldn't mind for this to happen because people who want to be death wizards usually want it for the ATTACK then HEAL, so if a life wizard is willing to give up their guiding light, then it should apply to death heals

Explorer
Nov 05, 2011
My first reaction was no because you can boost the amount you heal by boosting your damage.

However, the more I thought about it the more I think it should. Most of the death players I know don't train healing spells because they don't need to. It they want to cast guiding light I think the should be able to boost the incoming heal.

Just my two cents.

Calamity PixieShade level 90

Squire
Jul 09, 2010
I agree with most of the respondents. While I can see why people would wish that boost applied to death "heals" it is still illogical for them to. The Death School heals are actually attacks which transfer energy to the player after an attack.

As such the Life heal boosts should not apply to Death "heals".

Squire
Jul 09, 2010
P.S. Also, Death "heals" are already boosted by any damage boost they have. I believe they can be enchanted, plus if they have Death or general damage boosted gear & a damage boosting bubble spell up, and damage boosting talents on their pets - the Death "heals" can be huge anyway - because of the level of damage they inflicted.

Mastermind
May 12, 2009
I would have to disagree with Necromancers being able to use Guiding Light on their spells. Since all the blades are used in the beginning of the spell, extra time would have to be taken to use it. Not to mention, as for me, I see the Guiding Light spell as being something that only Healing spells, coming from the Life School, can trigger. However, I may be the only one who sees so. Thank you for reading this.
~Shannon Skybreaker

Geographer
Feb 15, 2009
If you mean sacrifice, then it can affect that, but if you mean steals, then no. Life is for healing, and guiding light says all heal spells, not drains. Plus, if you do that, doom and gloom will have to affect it to, and that will make it useless to death wizards unless they use dragon, cause its own bubble is hurting it, thus killing its own self (it's definitely death then)! I have a level 83 life, level 68 death.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
I would have to disagree. I have both life and 2 death wizards(one on each account). As someone already pointed out, the damage/heals Death has are already boosted by the amount of damage done. My higher level Death uses Scarecrow quite offen and in 99% cases regain full health. So my answer is no, leave this alone as it is.

Defender
Jul 03, 2012
I think it should because most of our Death spells take a lot of pips to heal us. For example, Wraith and Dr. Von's Monster. Wraith takes 6 pips and Dr. Von's Monster takes 9! I get tired of waiting for pips.
So yes it should apply

Administrator
Very good points, Wizards! This is definitely food for thought we'll consider going forward. I'll make sure to share this with the team.

A new Feedback Friday will be posted shortly... Ice is up this week!

“If the Mind is like a candle, the Heart is like the sun.” Professor Falmea