Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Feedback Friday 5-17-13

AuthorMessage
Administrator
Hello Wizards! Another 7 days have passed (I know, can you believe it? Time flies when you're having fun...) and that means it's time for another Feedback Friday.

This week will be part 1 of 7 asking about specific school spells. This week, it's fire. I promise we'll get to everyone eventually, so if you don't have a fire wizard (or an opinion on the specific spell), please be patient and we'll circle around!

Fire Wizards: How would you improve the spell animations for Link & Power Link?

Have a great weekend, folks!

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!

“If the Mind is like a candle, the Heart is like the sun.” Professor Falmea
Survivor
Feb 07, 2010
Well I would say take is literally have the wizard throw a green and red chain linking the two. Green to the wizard and red to the enemy.

Mastermind
Feb 07, 2010
A circle of fire would apper in the center of the duel circle. It would be almost big enough to touch the sides of that triangle that points at whoever is casting a spell. blades traps sheilds, and the like would be activated, and then a fireball would fly out of the centeral fire at the target. Then anything that would affect how the caster is healed gets activated, and a wall of fire emerges from the circle, twards the caster, ending with circle of fire completely surrounding them, but not touching. the actual moment of healing occurs just as the circle closes. Finally, all the fire in the duel circle slowly fades away. For power link, the damage effect would include a breif mushroom cloud when the fireball impacts, and the heal would have the heal effect delayed slightly to accompany the fire circle shooting a ring of fire into the air.

And to think, fire is the school I'm leaving out until we're able to make a seventh. oh but my ideas regarding that are another story, for another thread.

Defender
Dec 16, 2009
Although I am an Ice wizard, I have quite a good idea.
After waving the wand with the fire symbol turning to ashes or turning to light, a stone is in the middle of the battlefield and 4 sparks of light would fly around the wizard.

Critical, blades, traps, and blocks are activated here
The sparks of light will spin in a circle around the wizard and grow more and more until they are big enough and turn into fireballs (KI decides the final size).
One fireball heads straight to the enemy while the others fly onto the rock, making the rock transform into the shape of a DoT spell effect (the spiky thing circling the enemy after casting fire elf) and heading towards the enemy before "being captured in orbit"

A green light would come out of the enemy, showering you in leaves. The DoT heal (ex: Sprite's green thing circling you) would appear and the shower of leaves would disappear.

Thank you for reading this!

Explorer
Mar 26, 2011
I think you could fix them by adding more fire.

~Hunter BlueFlame Promethean pyromancer

Delver
Feb 28, 2012
Have a huge chain (get it? chain/link), silver for Link, gold for Power Link. And because it is a fire spell, flames on them.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
I think the Link spells need something that ties it together beyond a different type of "Hit then Heal". Where's the link at? Right now, it just seems like 2 different spells (almost). Perhaps some kind of animation similar, but different from the Death school's hit and heal effect. This isn't a heal from hit damage, but it is a 2 part spell. Perhaps animation that happens in the middle and does the damage and heal (when first cast) at the same time. How about a chain that ties the enemy and caster together that hits the opponent, then, thru the chain, run "energy" thru the chain and heal the caster. Play off of the LINK name. Here's an idea, surround the enemy and caster in a magical chain link (red for enemy, green for caster) and each round, 1/3 of the chain gets removed and does it's effect. Again, play off of the name of the spell; where's the LINK at? you know?

Survivor
Jan 07, 2012
Mastermind
Sep 30, 2009
is it ok if I say that those 2 specific spells are the only ones that I cant think of how to improve lol.

Survivor
Oct 03, 2011
i think link should be where when it attacks, that it should be a evil seraph. when it heals you, it turns into a good seraph. like transformation.

Defender
Apr 22, 2012
Professor Falmea on May 17, 2013 wrote:
Hello Wizards! Another 7 days have passed (I know, can you believe it? Time flies when you're having fun...) and that means it's time for another Feedback Friday.

This week will be part 1 of 7 asking about specific school spells. This week, it's fire. I promise we'll get to everyone eventually, so if you don't have a fire wizard (or an opinion on the specific spell), please be patient and we'll circle around!

Fire Wizards: How would you improve the spell animations for Link & Power Link?

Have a great weekend, folks!

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!
Oh My Bartleby! My highest wizard is fire, she is currently in Celestia (Almost done!!) and I have always called power link "Fire Fairy" to my little sisters and they know what I am talking about, I was wondering if you could change the animations of the dot itself to be like a fairy sort of looking like you prof falmea but smaller and with flaming wings and it would do the same actions but throw a fire ball at the enemy and heal you like the sprite does, if this is possible I would be really happy if you did it .

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
Ok, here's another idea. When the spell is cast:

Link:
1) there's a red and green chain-bordered yin-yang that grows out of the center that spins..
2) When it finally hits the monster and caster, the yin-yang stops spinning, half the chain link "color divider" turns red and encircles the enemy at the same time the other half turns green and encircles the caster.
3) Both the damage and healing happen at the same time (so it has a different effect from Death's "Hit and Heal" animation)

Power Link:
Like the above, except the hitting and healing get new animation. When the damage and healing is about to happen, the fire damage should should have an immolate type effect. A green cloud should explode out from the caster in all directions and heal them and give them the HoT icon, and a fire cloud should explode out of the enemy in all directions and heal them and give them the DoT icon.

Squire
Mar 07, 2011
I like the animations for these spells. Maybe after all the circling is complete and the spell finally hits the opponent with a "pow" there could be some kind of splash animation. Maybe big green and red droplets splashing outward.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
Leave them both as they are now. Their current animations are not overpowering and blinding to the eye.

Increasing the animations on some spells also increases graphics issues for a lot of players.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
I have no problem with those spells as is, though adding a bit of fire never hurts. :)

Illuminator
May 22, 2009
Would like to see a tongue of flame shoot out of our wizard to hit the enemy and another green stream of light return to the wizard.

Hannah Lifebringer Level 90 Life
Heather Redsong Level 90 Fire

Survivor
Jan 11, 2013
I think the casting wizard should go to the center of the field and wrap a chain around the enemy. the chain will spin the enemy when it's being pulled back and have the wizard catch the tip of it. the tip then heals them and at their turn for the next three rounds the enemy gets attacked while the wizard heals.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
have a chain made of fire (like the one in ghost rider, lol) appear in the wizard's hand~ she throws it and hog-ties her enemy, at which point the green healing stuff comes out the top of the target's head; when she pulls the chain back, the green stuff comes with it and leaves the enemy with the red DoT diamond circling him.

-v.
1st-age pvp sergeant

Survivor
Dec 18, 2010
Why not have a fiery sprite attack the enemy using the animation from the death sprite spell, and then it turns to the player and does the healing animation from the life sprite spell. Then the over time effect things appear around both of them.

Administrator
The Fire on May 18, 2013 wrote:
I think you could fix them by adding more fire.

~Hunter BlueFlame Promethean pyromancer
In my opinion, this is the solution to many, many problems. ::grin::

Thanks for the great ideas folks, a new Feedback Friday will be up shortly!

“If the Mind is like a candle, the Heart is like the sun.” Professor Falmea