Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

fire quest pets question

AuthorMessage
Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
It seems to me, that the quests and strengths for Phoenix and Efreet should be switched. The Phoenix quest was really hard, and was worth the pet. Yes I got my tail kicked a lot, and I finally had to buy henchmen to beat it, but I feel it was worth it. Some people did it without buying henchmen, and congrats to those who were able to. We then got an Efreet pet, and the quest was almost a joke for me. So I look up the abilities for Efreet, to see if I want to train it, and shake my head; what a waste of a pet (for the level we get it). The slightly better stats for Efreet are NOT worth the time to train the pet. Here's my thinking, and let's see if you agree:

Phoenix is:
a weaker spell than Efreet
takes less pips than Efreet to cast
spell/pet is received before we get Efreet

Yet, the phoenix PET is MUCH more useful/powerful than Efreet. Phoenix has NO greedy abilities and 4 may casts, where Efreet has NO may casts and 3 greedy abilities. Efreet DOES give you one more card than Phoenix does, but it's a weaker card (which has its uses of course).

Now, I understand that even on greedy stats, it helps the non-greedy stats. I just feel the Efreet pet should be more beneficial than Phoenix pet is. What do you think?? I'm not saying that Efreet should be a buffed up version of Phoenix (though I won't lie and say I'd hate that idea), but for a higher level pet, it should be a stronger pet. I'm not looking to overpower the pet either, I'm simply looking to have the pets follow some kind of natural progression like the spells do.

Mastermind
Mar 13, 2012
Yeah, I agree. I mean the efreet pet quest, COME ON!! Friends can PORT!!! I like the Phoneix better cause I think it looks better.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
Alura BH on May 13, 2013 wrote:
Yeah, I agree. I mean the efreet pet quest, COME ON!! Friends can PORT!!! I like the Phoneix better cause I think it looks better.
not only that, but if they ever fought, a Phoenix vs an Efreet, I truly believe the phoenix would rock it. It takes less time to cast, has an accuracy damaging side effect, not to mention all the possible may cast spells. helephant was worth it as a pet when you got it, but once I got Phoenix, that has been, and in the forseeable future, always will be my pet of choice. If I had an Efreet that had all the may casts, the sunbird spell card AND the efreet card, that would rock! LOL