Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Myth needs an aoe spell

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 02, 2011
Ok, so I'm a level 88 Myth. I love earth, I really do. Its great for pvp. But thats not all I do. Were now in Azteca and were fighting rank 13 creatures with like 4,000 health or up! Earth is a rank 6 spell that only does 585 damage (with colossal). Its hard to fight now when I have to use so many power ups just to get to 4,000 damage. Its annoying honestly and Myth kinda sucks now. I'm getting bored of the game kinda now and I'm pretty sure other Myths agree. And no Earth doesnt make Myth over powered because creatures dont even use more than 1 blade. And they rarely even shield except for the ice monsters. So I'm having to use frog which does like 545-600 damage That sucks. Why does KI keep making attack one person spells for us.We are like at the bottom of all the classes now. These spells are only good for 1v1 really. And what if the enemy shields? Then Celestian Calendar is useless unless I waste a turn using pierce or Shatter. And shatter costs 3 pips, so I have to gain those pips back. So most of the time I'm forced to use Basilisk. Also the bosses for Azteca have like 20,000 health or up! So whats up KI? Us Myths REALLY want an attack all spell please I think yall are trying to make us a 1v1 pvp class, and I dont like that. And not to much that KI might make another world, so that makes us even weaker. Because then we'll be fighting 14+ ranks. I'm BEGGING for a new aoe spell. I mean compare our Rank 4(Frog) and Rank 6(Earthquake) spells to 13+ I'm telling you, we NEED an aoe spell. I mean even Life got what they wanted, AN OVERTIME SPELL. So how come Myth cant get something good? Maybe like an 820-950 aoe spell. I dont think thats overpowered. Considering even most wizards have 4000+ health, including resist. PLEASE think about this KI

-Dylan Nightblade, Lvl 88 Myth

Champion
Dec 01, 2011
Myth God90 on Apr 8, 2013 wrote:
Ok, so I'm a level 88 Myth. I love earth, I really do. Its great for pvp. But thats not all I do. Were now in Azteca and were fighting rank 13 creatures with like 4,000 health or up! Earth is a rank 6 spell that only does 585 damage (with colossal). Its hard to fight now when I have to use so many power ups just to get to 4,000 damage. Its annoying honestly and Myth kinda sucks now. I'm getting bored of the game kinda now and I'm pretty sure other Myths agree. And no Earth doesnt make Myth over powered because creatures dont even use more than 1 blade. And they rarely even shield except for the ice monsters. So I'm having to use frog which does like 545-600 damage That sucks. Why does KI keep making attack one person spells for us.We are like at the bottom of all the classes now. These spells are only good for 1v1 really. And what if the enemy shields? Then Celestian Calendar is useless unless I waste a turn using pierce or Shatter. And shatter costs 3 pips, so I have to gain those pips back. So most of the time I'm forced to use Basilisk. Also the bosses for Azteca have like 20,000 health or up! So whats up KI? Us Myths REALLY want an attack all spell please I think yall are trying to make us a 1v1 pvp class, and I dont like that. And not to much that KI might make another world, so that makes us even weaker. Because then we'll be fighting 14+ ranks. I'm BEGGING for a new aoe spell. I mean compare our Rank 4(Frog) and Rank 6(Earthquake) spells to 13+ I'm telling you, we NEED an aoe spell. I mean even Life got what they wanted, AN OVERTIME SPELL. So how come Myth cant get something good? Maybe like an 820-950 aoe spell. I dont think thats overpowered. Considering even most wizards have 4000+ health, including resist. PLEASE think about this KI

Yes. I hope Kingsisle understands that this is a "Must Do" immideately.

I also think that Fire should get a single target spell that is a DoT OR a spell that is AoE but not DoT.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011

I have no idea what you have equipped, but my friend's conjurer cast a garg'ed quake the other night that hit for around 2000 damage, no critical... and she's level 60. so your gear can't be that great.

other points:

1) if anyone needs an aoe, it's life and death: they only have one each (well, death has one and a half~ 2, if you bother with crafting), and they don't get it until long after the first arc has ended;

2) at least you can use power pips for shatter; other schools can't break shields and would kill for those abilities.

3) you can't always get what you want.

my main wizard is balance, the only school still without a DoT at level 90; storm wizards have the world's worst health and resist/block, but they don't get a school heal until level 72... and, just as balance was created for support and storm is built for damage, myth is built for removing buffs. either learn to live with it, or make another wizard.

4) my myth wizard is only level 28. but i have 2 level 90 wizards (balance and death) in azteca~ neither school is known for their firepower, but i've learned to make do with what they have.

-von

Delver
Oct 30, 2011

Death needs an another aoe also.Our scarecrow hits 583 with colossal.Ours is lower by 2.Get some damage dude.I am only a lvl 52 death and with a regular scarecrow it hits 1000 damage.No enchantments.Just a 400 damage spell with 600 damage.

Survivor
Jul 02, 2011
My damage is 69%. Thats pretty good for a myth. And duh a legendary can do 2000 with quake without critical. Just have like 2 or 3 blades. and it probably wasnt PVP? Because yea, we do need a new aoe,especially for PVP. So you 2 cant lie about this topic. Because most people have 40% resist or up so it barely does a 1000 damage with 3 blades. I dont need new gear, im almost in te 70% range on my damage bro.

Mastermind
Sep 30, 2009
popcicool7777777 on Apr 8, 2013 wrote:
Yes. I hope Kingsisle understands that this is a "Must Do" immideately.

I also think that Fire should get a single target spell that is a DoT OR a spell that is AoE but not DoT.
oh no not a dot single attack, that would make my backdraft useless but I would love an instant damage aoe spell instead of a over time as the last time we got one of those was all the way back when we got meteor.

Survivor
Dec 20, 2008
I don't see whats so wrong with Humungofrog, it has fantastic damage with colossal, I'm not so sure what your expecting though...

Survivor
Jul 02, 2011
I don't see whats so wrong with Humungofrog, it has fantastic damage with colossal, I'm not so sure what your expecting though...

Seriously.. Fantastic damage? lol WITH colossal the maximum daamage is 600. Compare that to health of 3000+, with resist.

Explorer
Nov 05, 2011
Myth God90 on Apr 11, 2013 wrote:

Seriously.. Fantastic damage? lol WITH colossal the maximum daamage is 600. Compare that to health of 3000+, with resist.
But you are also forgetting that myth's frog is only 4 pips compared with death's scarecrow which is 7 or life's forest lord which is 8 pips. A Myth frog with collosal hits just as hard as an unaltered forest lord and you can cast it twice as fast.

I play myth myself and I consistently deal around 2000 damage with unsharpened blades non critical hits. I have 58 damage boost from gear (waterworks-all, shoes, cape, and helm). Then rest comes from a wolf ring, and lexicon blade.

I won't lie I would like a higher AOE spell, but I don't think we are in as bad as shape as you like to think. Maybe a two part AOE, like a Minotaur type hit for each person. (Disloyal knights with your shields....grumble). I honestly don't know if I want to wait that long to cast a spell though, especially in a mob fight. Eleven pips would be the next spell right. Not for me, unless the higher level gear lets us start with more pips (fingers crossed hint hint wink wink beg beg)

Calamity PixieShade
Level 82 Myth

Survivor
Feb 18, 2013
Well my lvl 70 Myth is only up to Zafaria, and still using Humongofrog religiously with Gargantuan. And with 3 blades + bubble up can hit over 2k (2838+ actually = 60% natural bonus, 3x blades 40%, 35%, 35%, and bubble 35% = x5.5 damage). -25% Weakness throws a spanner in the works = 2270+ damage.

If there is a boss involved, a Feint or two deals with that: 75% + 70% = x16.4 damage = 8443+ damage (x13.1 with -25% Weakness).

If the boss is a real toughy, then I opt for 8-pip Medusa at 1020 damage Gargantuaned.

If no boss, but creature uses a shield, a second humongofrog for 1112+ damage usually does it, or I buff again.

Having said all that, I'm not in Avalon, so not sure how things are there.But I would LOVE to have a bigger highlevel all enemy spell! -- Things are getting tiresome in Zafaria, grinding for storyline quests where combat takes more than 2-3 rounds.

Survivor
Sep 01, 2011
Myth God90 on Apr 11, 2013 wrote:

You need to learn how to buff you hits more...

My Myth Wizard currently has 68% damage boost and a 138 Critical rating from the gear he chooses to wear. This can be even more if I choose to ditch my universal resistance. The Humungofrogs that I cast do more than enough damage to dispense of these 4000+ health minions. When fighting bosses, I add feint/potent feint/tc feint.

Those along with (Since you are level 88 you could have Sharpen Blade Available to You):
  • School blade +35%
  • Sharpened School Blade +45%
  • Pet Myth Blade +35% (Strange beast)
  • Gear Blade +40% (Crafted Hat)
  • Spirit Blades +35%
  • Sharpened Spirit Blades +45%
  • Gear Balance Blade +30% (Amulet)
  • Time of Legend +25%
  • Requiary/Amplify/Auras +15 - 25%

So there are lots of options to boost your Earthquake or Humongofrog, just need to apply what is available to you.

Survivor
Jul 02, 2011
Thats exactly my point you guys. Maybe I dont want to spend 4-6 rounds having to power up so much. It would be nice to deal at least 1000 damage without any power ups added.

Survivor
Sep 01, 2011
Myth God90 on Apr 12, 2013 wrote:
Thats exactly my point you guys. Maybe I dont want to spend 4-6 rounds having to power up so much. It would be nice to deal at least 1000 damage without any power ups added.
Not sure what gear you are wearing cause my Frog does 900-1000 damage with a colossal and the gear I wear....
Frog (265-325) + Colossal (+275) + Gear (+68%) = 907 - 1008 damage

Once I add a blade or two or three, the damage output increases exponentially.

+ School Blade (+35%) = 1225 - 1361
+ Sharp School Blade (+45%) = 1776 - 1974
+ Gear Blade (+40%) = 2486 - 2764
And so on and so on....

To defeat 4000+ mobs in Azteca takes me 4 rounds (5 ronds Max) with this approach...

The game is really about how you decide to set up your hits.
- Set them up properly and you really don't have much issue at all.
- Choose not to set up your hit at all and you end up ranting on the company message board for a fix rather than just a slight adjustment to your playing style.

BTW - I do believe that NO SCHOOL has an AoE attack that will "deal at least 1000 damage without any power ups added" AND without having "to spend 4-6 rounds" for pips to use that attack (Tempest or Sirens).

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
vonawesome1: Death does need a better AoE spell. Scarecrow is good, but for the 7 pips it costs, I'm gonna have a hard time justifying using it later on even after I get the sun spells. Personally, I think Scarecrow's pip value is too much; I feel Scarecrow should be at MOST a 5 Pip spell (4pip would be preferred), and then maybe an 8 pip spell that's an AoE, but non healing. This would give Death a good combo of AoE spells, keep our existing AoE healing spell, make it more valuable, and yet give

popcicool7777777: What's wrong with Heckhound? It's the PERFECT single target DoT spell because it's a variable pip spell; there's NEVER a time you can't cast it. Cast a fuel and then Heckhound and you get a buffed Heckhound for all 3 rounds. i don't use Heckhound anymore, but that was my go to spell when I was trying a different strategy previously.