Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

better myth spells!!!!!

AuthorMessage
Defender
Nov 01, 2012
My death wizard wants to start a myth after she turns promethean i a couple more levels. Myth is hardly weak, it just depends on how you use it. For boss fights the most types of spells I ever put in my deck had was nine....You are complaining about no aoe and how long your battle is, well how do you think Death and life feels? We get ours much later and the pips are more costly than yours. Stop whining bro, we all feel our wizards are under powered at first. My advice is to just to Winter tusk and level, making it easier to do Celestia so you will be able to browse through it like a boss.........

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
sidneyherbert on Apr 24, 2013 wrote:
Your level is twice as high as mine is. I'm level 35. I don't want to wait until Orthrus, which proves my point, Myth does not have very reasonable attacks at lower levels, sure at leve 50+ but no for under.
It doesn't matter if I'm currently twice the level you are. Throughout the entire stage of leveling up, I still find Myth a powerful school from low to high level. Perhaps you don't, which means maybe the school isn't for you, just as I feel Life school isn't for me. It's all a matter of perspective.

Brynn IceBlade L90 Ice
Rowan DragonStrider L90 Balance
Valkoor ShadowBlade L80 Death
Lenora JadeThief L72 Myth
Logan HawkCatcher L54 Storm
Kieran JadeThief L28 Fire

Survivor
Feb 02, 2013
Storm- storm lord hit all, Fire- fire dragon hit all, Ice- frost giant hit all, Death- scarecrow hit all, Life- rebirth heal all, Myth- orthrus hit one, see what I mean

Survivor
Apr 25, 2009
Life - heals your team but hits none, kinda wasted if your soloing. 1st hits all for life is 58. level 48 spell for life does no damage and their most powerful spell to hit at lvl 50 is still the centaur. So try doing Mander Savior, Kensington Park and other quests that have you face 3 or more enemies at a time soloing as a life wizard. How many other schools need to cast a wand spell 1st to get rid of a shield prior to their main attack. Orthus - oh no the ice boss has a tower shield - so what! minataur same thing, they just burn through tower shields. Granted, I'm not much of a trapper with myth because it requires 2 for those 2 spells if your trying to boost the bigger damage part. Each school is set up requiring different types of strategy. Ice school is set to be more defensive then the others, Storm, attack quick and often because your health is much lower, Fire, damage over time. Each has it's pro's and con's and verses different bosses are differently effected. I'm not a huge fan of Myth but I do have a lvl 54 Myth Wizard and he's still progressing. BTW Dragonspyre has the boss with the shield generators - breeze easy for a myth wizard with earthquake and minataur. BTW if it seams I'm complaining about Life - I'm not. My life wizard is my highest and easiest to solo, with the exception of "under the big top".

Survivor
Apr 05, 2011
I need to contradict you! Mwahahah! Sorry, spastic moment.... I am a level 75 Necromancer. I have an awesome deck, a hawk that gives spritely and storm resist, I love my Doctor Von's Monster, and thanks to my health drains I normally leave a battle mostly unscathed (maybe 100 points under my original health level). Recently I versed a myth wizard in PVP. Both of us have our waterworks gear. The myth wizard is just 2 or 3 levels under me. I start out with my basic plan of attack; traps traps and more traps, no blades in case myth wiz uses earthquake [and that's why I'm always scared to verse myth], finally place down a feint. The myth wizard is so close to getting maximum pips with three blades circling him. I attack with doctor von's monster, it does over 3 thousand damage and I'm fully healed. Then he attacks. Orthrus........no critical, nada. My resist didn't even help me. He kills me on one go.

I sign up for pvp again. Same person. I try a different angle. This time I use blades as well as traps. He uses earthquake *poof* bye bye blades. I attack with Monster, he gets down to about 500 health. He attacks. Medusa. Critical hit, over 6,000 damage (yes with blades and traps included). My resist does next to nothing....I die (duh). Myth is not weak.....I consider myth to be the scariest school because you never know which spell they're going to do next and how that spell will react with you. (stun? shatter? etc.)

Hero
Jul 30, 2012
Mark DarkBlade on Apr 28, 2013 wrote:
Storm- storm lord hit all, Fire- fire dragon hit all, Ice- frost giant hit all, Death- scarecrow hit all, Life- rebirth heal all, Myth- orthrus hit one, see what I mean
No, I don't see what you mean.

Are you comparing multi-hit spells or level 48 spells? Are you seriously trying to compare schools based on one spell per school? Are you suggesting each school should get similar spells at each level?

Anyway, Myth is doing pretty good with Humongofrog at an early level.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Balance - Sandstorm - level 16 - 255-295 dmg
Ice - Blizzard - level 26 - 250 - 290 dmg
Myth - Humongofrog - level 22 - 265 - 325 dmg
Fire - Meteor Strike - level 22 - 305 - 345 dmg
Storm - Storm Lord - level 48!!!
Death - Scarecrow - level 48!!!
Life - Forest Lord - level 58!!!

Happy Wizarding!

Survivor
Oct 22, 2009
Myth has a gimmick. We fight with tricks and deception. It's not all about attack power. I've played a myth wizard since the game came out. It's weaker than the other schools when it comes to attack power, but our classes turns our gimmick cards into our strength. I would love a powerful attack spell to help balance us out, and I still believe we are the most underpowered class in the game. I still think that it's harder for us to be successful, but not impossible..

Champion
Aug 20, 2010
Are you kidding me?! Myth is one of the best, powerful schools. This coming from a Archmage Balance. They are really strong, and everyone knows that. Whenever I pvp a myth, I can take then , but my friends are always, "oh a myth, that's gonna be hard" etc. Basilisk , Earthquake, Shatter, Orthrus (Take off first shield and powerful attack),Medusa, Shift, give me a break. Only thing is, Myth does not have a powerful Attack all enemies spell. (Balance does not have a Damage Over Time Spell). I proved that myth does not have not powerful spells, read above. Honestly, as a balance, I would prefer to have a myth as a pvp buddy, as they can kill with orthrus, basilisk, and knock off shields. By the way, I have a myth amulet and a fire amulet (mastery amulet) and half the time, I would use the myth one.

Defender
Oct 24, 2010
Although I may agreed with you on how myth always get useless spells at higher levels and not earlier, I still think myth is great. I mean all schools has its own weakness and powerful skill. Myth may not be a great school to be doing in solo worlds, but it is great for pvp. Think of it cleanse ward, earthquakes, etc. They are all great for pvp don't you think? I mean pvp is all about shielding, using blades, traps and all that stuff, don't you want to outsmart your enemies in pvp? I mean I am not saying myth is the greatest class or the weakest class, the whole point is that every class has its very own unique skill and weaknesses. You may not know how to use your school at first, but time over time, you'll get use it. Just like me, I thought at the beginning myth was the greatest school ever, but as thing progress it gets lame, but then I learn how to outsmart my enemies by knowing how to use myth, and that's how I like myth. Hope this helps and remember young wizard... HAVE FUN!

Explorer
Jun 20, 2009
BrynnerOfReign on Apr 24, 2013 wrote:
I find that Myth is a very powerful school ..... in the right hands. My Myth just reached level 70, and she's been plowing through worlds on her own. Froggy is a staple for mob hits, Minotaur and Orthrus are extremely deadly if you use them correctly.

People need to learn the intricacies of their school - inside and out. It's not enough just to blade and hit, some schools need a little more thought and strategy, and that includes Myth, Death, Balance, and Life.

Admittedly, most of the Myth minions are better for lower levels, but I have used Talos on occasion in higher levels and he's awesome in a pinch.

Last night, I was questing with a Storm, Fire and Ice in Zafaria (Zamunda). With just two blades (standard and amulet), I did 3/4 damage with gargantuan Froggy on the enemy and followed up immediately with another Frog (no blade), which took them out. In the meantime, the Storm, Fire and Ice did absolutely nothing but blade themselves. They were amazed that I could do so much damage and take out the enemy so fast. Needless to say, they wanted to quest with me because battles didn't last long when I was around.

Myth has very powerful tools at their disposal. It's learning how to use them in conjunction with battles, whether it be solo or with teammates that puts Myth at the top instead of at the bottom.
I agree, you do know to learn your Wizard's school inside and out.

Myth is a good school when it comes to PVE because they have Pierce, Shatter, etc. I'm not Ranked at PVP or PVE, but I have battled my sister (who is myth lol) enough times to know Myth is good in PVE.

Just find some Guides and you'll be speeding through the Spiral like a Dragon on a sugar rush! XD

Survivor
May 11, 2009
I agree with you 100%, but I guess there isn't anything you can really do. My opinion is to finish grizzleheim first, so you can level up and have an advantage against enemies in dragonspyre and celestia.

Explorer
Jan 15, 2012
CrazyZombie11440 on Apr 25, 2013 wrote:
I know! I am a myth wizard and myth needs some new AoE spells
Because with frog + colossal + spirit blade + mythblade + amplify only does about
2,000 damage were as Frost Giant with colossal + spirit blade + ice blade
does like 3,500 with the boost ice wizards have in azteca.
Valkoor GoldSong lvl 79
Oh!
I got allot better gear and now with all that stuff plus my critical
I hit about 5,000
Azteca is also awesome!
Valkoor GoldSong lvl 81 myth

Survivor
Feb 02, 2013
CastleLock on Apr 28, 2013 wrote:
Life - heals your team but hits none, kinda wasted if your soloing. 1st hits all for life is 58. level 48 spell for life does no damage and their most powerful spell to hit at lvl 50 is still the centaur. So try doing Mander Savior, Kensington Park and other quests that have you face 3 or more enemies at a time soloing as a life wizard. How many other schools need to cast a wand spell 1st to get rid of a shield prior to their main attack. Orthus - oh no the ice boss has a tower shield - so what! minataur same thing, they just burn through tower shields. Granted, I'm not much of a trapper with myth because it requires 2 for those 2 spells if your trying to boost the bigger damage part. Each school is set up requiring different types of strategy. Ice school is set to be more defensive then the others, Storm, attack quick and often because your health is much lower, Fire, damage over time. Each has it's pro's and con's and verses different bosses are differently effected. I'm not a huge fan of Myth but I do have a lvl 54 Myth Wizard and he's still progressing. BTW Dragonspyre has the boss with the shield generators - breeze easy for a myth wizard with earthquake and minataur. BTW if it seams I'm complaining about Life - I'm not. My life wizard is my highest and easiest to solo, with the exception of "under the big top".
Well once you are in Avalon most of the monsters are over 3,000 health and when you have a weak spell like humongofrog putting two blades is not going to be enough kill the enemy I am asking that if we can get a new spell that hits all again because I am now in Avalon with my myth and I have a little trouble with it when my frog does not do enough damage so that is why I tell you every other school gets a hit or "heal all" spell in which we get orthrus and yes I know life may have a little trouble with soloing but still you can get sun spells to boost your forest lord same with humongofrog but if I use a colossal on it then it still does less than most of the other spells.

Survivor
Feb 02, 2013
Wizgamer105 on Apr 28, 2013 wrote:
Are you kidding me?! Myth is one of the best, powerful schools. This coming from a Archmage Balance. They are really strong, and everyone knows that. Whenever I pvp a myth, I can take then , but my friends are always, "oh a myth, that's gonna be hard" etc. Basilisk , Earthquake, Shatter, Orthrus (Take off first shield and powerful attack),Medusa, Shift, give me a break. Only thing is, Myth does not have a powerful Attack all enemies spell. (Balance does not have a Damage Over Time Spell). I proved that myth does not have not powerful spells, read above. Honestly, as a balance, I would prefer to have a myth as a pvp buddy, as they can kill with orthrus, basilisk, and knock off shields. By the way, I have a myth amulet and a fire amulet (mastery amulet) and half the time, I would use the myth one.
but this is for pvp you might say that we could just use a minion for questing or find a friend well if the friend is not on then we will have to use a minion but say you were in Azteca using a minion he would just immediately die because the mobs in Azteca wont just use a dark sprite

Survivor
Jul 09, 2012
Here is the deal, Storm is strong but lacks in health, Fire dose damage over time but has average health. ice Has the most health But lacks in damage. Now, Myth has good health, But bad spells. you understand now?

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
while i don't particularly care for myth, it certainly isn't because of the damage~ it's because i'm sick of being chain-stunned to death in azteca. lol.

i found balance the hardest to play, since it is a support school. but, like the other schools, it requires a specific personality to play well... acknowledging that i don't have it is the first part covered.

-von

laura shadowsong, 90 balance
valerian deathwhisper, 90 death
sestiva stormblade, 74 storm
tavia summershield, 53 life
patrick dreamstalker, 31 myth
tara winterbloom, 31 ice
angela nightflame, 22 fire & 1st age pvp sergeant

Hero
Jul 30, 2012
Cruncybiscuit92 said:

"Well once you are in Avalon most of the monsters are over 3,000 health and when you have a weak spell like humongofrog putting two blades is not going to be enough kill the enemy."

Clearly this is your first wizard in the higher worlds. Do you think scarecrow is going to kill a mob of 3000+ health with just a couple blades? And you expect a level 22 spell to do this??? Its frustrating when people post stuff without adequate frame of reference for comparison.

Actually... scarecrow will do 784 dmg with two 40% blades. Add a gargantuan to the scarecrow and it will do 1225 dmg. If that criticals you will do 2450dmg. Regardless, I would use feints or more probably single-hit attacks to reduce enemy numbers quickly.

Defender
Nov 01, 2012
RottenHeart on May 2, 2013 wrote:
Cruncybiscuit92 said:

"Well once you are in Avalon most of the monsters are over 3,000 health and when you have a weak spell like humongofrog putting two blades is not going to be enough kill the enemy."

Clearly this is your first wizard in the higher worlds. Do you think scarecrow is going to kill a mob of 3000+ health with just a couple blades? And you expect a level 22 spell to do this??? Its frustrating when people post stuff without adequate frame of reference for comparison.

Actually... scarecrow will do 784 dmg with two 40% blades. Add a gargantuan to the scarecrow and it will do 1225 dmg. If that criticals you will do 2450dmg. Regardless, I would use feints or more probably single-hit attacks to reduce enemy numbers quickly.
I agree lol. Once again I say Death wizards are at a greater disadvantage than myth as far as an aoe spell. Sure you could craft deer knight, but that takes extreme time and is a headache most people don't want to endure. And of course avenging fossil is kind of a waste in a typical mob battle..
Scarecrow:
Base 400 and with colossal 588....

Humongofrog: 325-345 and with colossal 540-600
So pretty much the same and for three less pips.
Lol who wrote the bottom part? My scare crow does 2,000 damage with two 40% blades. Not even counting sharpen blade or any of that. If I critical? Imao I don't know about you guys but I hardly critical in higher level worlds, and when I do, of course it has to be blocked. Feint in a mob battle o. O
Don't mean to sound like a girl from mean girls, but do you even know what you are even talking about?
Not to you rottenheart lol..

Defender
Aug 26, 2011
sidneyherbert on Apr 23, 2013 wrote:
Myth is the most underpowered school. You may disagree but it's 100% true. Being a Myth wizard (Level 35), almost delete my Myth everytime I finish a spell-quest. See, some of you think that "It gets better", well, sure, but come on, I need to be better NOW and not when i'm already in Celestia. I finished a world and they gave me the FIRST learned spell of Ice Wizards: Stun. Why? If I wanted that, I would've chosen Ice. Okay, I raged, got over it. I beat another world and they give me another useless spell (It could've been useful earlier) Pierce. Previously, I was busting through Myth Shields while the storm enemies kept sending them and NOW they give it to me. Alright, fine "It will be useful later!" you say, however, after beating yet another world, they give me Cleanse Ward, a completely useless 'Deck Filler' card for me, there would be no time where getting rid of one trap could help me that much seeing how it only gets rid of ONE trap, the last trap placed. Don't forget you only get these types of spells every *8* levels. Apparently, Myth is the 'Underdog' of schools and when you're trying to get through quests, nobody needs an underdog. You say "Myth is made for summonings to help you battle!" Well, sure, but I am not the one to depend on AIs all the time. Now you say "If you don't like summonings, don't be Myth!". Woah, hold on, I never said I didn't like sumonings. See, the thing about it is, the only summoning I can depend on to attack all the time is the Golem minion, all the other ones rarely attack and only blade themselves all the time. I would much rather save those 4 pips to use a Humongofrog, which leads me to my next point--
Myth is weak. If you ever played as Myth you'd know that it is 50% harder to fight multiple enemies before obtaining Humongofrog. I had my deck packed with Trolls and Cyclopses. Even then, one of the most simplest battles would take me 8 pip count because of this weakness. When I got Humongofrog things move a lot more smoothly in Krokotopia, all I had to do was Mythblade, Humongofrog, all enemies dead.
But then, I got to Grizzlehiem/Marleybone. It became more difficult seeing as my old strategy wouldn't work I had to constantly convert because my enemies are always Myth and then I had to FIND my Mythblade and Humongofrog burried under all my converts and sheilds. Myth does not focus on attacking. By level 35, you only have 5 attacking spells and they're not even strong, Bloodbat (1), Troll (2), Cyclopse (3), Humongofrog (4), and Minotaur (5). It takes Minotaur just to outpower a StormShark, while Storm already has Kraken and Tempest.
Myth is always flooded with some useless spell, look, I can't even look foward to anything because the next spell I learn is gonna be-- Oh, look ANOTHER MINION. It doesn't even attack the enemy at all, according to my research. And again, i'm probably going to have to beat another Myth boss just to get it, like last time.
ok this my come across as rude, but seriously? myth has kicked my other side so many times in pvp it's not at all funny, yeah i hear you snickering over there myth people!
ok you might think you're weak but really every school has it's own weakness, ok yes balance literally has a spell called weakness, so what? anyway if you hold out until you get basilisk combo that with shatter and you. will. pwn.
i don't like fighting myth srsly don't. when i saw this article i thought it was about how good myth is! you will survive, this game just requires patience.

-gab ashcaller

Delver
Jun 17, 2012
I agree that Myth is the most under-powered school, but for something to be "nerfed", that means that it was better before but the gamemakers lowered its power.

Hero
Jul 30, 2012
Percy373 on May 2, 2013 wrote:
I agree lol. Once again I say Death wizards are at a greater disadvantage than myth as far as an aoe spell. Sure you could craft deer knight, but that takes extreme time and is a headache most people don't want to endure. And of course avenging fossil is kind of a waste in a typical mob battle..
Scarecrow:
Base 400 and with colossal 588....

Humongofrog: 325-345 and with colossal 540-600
So pretty much the same and for three less pips.
Lol who wrote the bottom part? My scare crow does 2,000 damage with two 40% blades. Not even counting sharpen blade or any of that. If I critical? Imao I don't know about you guys but I hardly critical in higher level worlds, and when I do, of course it has to be blocked. Feint in a mob battle o. O
Don't mean to sound like a girl from mean girls, but do you even know what you are even talking about?
Not to you rottenheart lol..
Hello KaleeLane,

I wrote the last part of my post. Calculated using math. It's impossible for you to have scarecrow hit 2000+ dmg with only 2 blades without boosts from gear, pets, sun school, etc. All of which other schools can apply too, which I left out for comparison with the other post.

Happy Wizarding!

Hero
Jul 30, 2012
I must add to my other posts that minions are frustrating to use... to the point of just not ever using them. They are too wildly unpredictable.

- Healing when not needed, or the wrong people
- blowing away good traps with small attacks
- passing on a turn when they have pips
- attacking with low rank spells when they have the pips for something better.
- casting shields when battle is almost over.

Because myth school has some focus on minions, I wish the various minions had somewhat predictable strengths that they focused on. So if you want a shielding minion you cast minion X. If you want an aggressive attacking minion you cast minion Y.

Hero
Jul 30, 2012
I must add to my other posts that minions are frustrating to use... to the point of just not ever using them. They are too wildly unpredictable.

- Healing when not needed, or the wrong people
- blowing away good traps with small attacks
- passing on a turn when they have pips
- attacking with low rank spells when they have the pips for something better.
- casting shields when battle is almost over.

Because myth school has some focus on minions, I wish the various minions had somewhat predictable strengths that they focused on. So if you want a shielding minion you cast minion X. If you want an aggressive attacking minion you cast minion Y.

Survivor
Feb 21, 2010
battleleo5 on Mar 28, 2013 wrote:
minions might be useful in lower worlds until ds or cl maybe zf but in av and azteca they have high damage spells when we summon or "greatest minion" Talos he has only 1k health a single levy can defeat it since normal mobs start with large pips and they can recover them in no time
I have to agree, I once summoned talos and the next turn the storm type wild bolted it and did a 1000 damage. I think they either have to bring in an actually good minion soon, or a new, powerful spell. Right now the most powerful spell does 1070-1170 and steals a pip, but for nine mana in storm, you have something that can deal over a thousand damage to all enemies and takes off their blades, or, in fire, you have something that deals 900 to 1000 to one enemie than 300 as a global, it's ten pips but same is the myth spell above. I think we need something of a global effect such as an 11 pip spell that is called Echina (mother of Monsters), and it would do 800 to 1000 to all enemies, then it plays a time of legend (+25% to all myth spells). I think we need a myth spell that sets up other myth spells.We need a god. Combined.

Defender
Dec 16, 2009
CrazyZombie11440 on Apr 25, 2013 wrote:
I know! I am a myth wizard and myth needs some new AoE spells
Because with frog + colossal + spirit blade + mythblade + amplify only does about
2,000 damage were as Frost Giant with colossal + spirit blade + ice blade
does like 3,500 with the boost ice wizards have in azteca.
Valkoor GoldSong lvl 79
With the enhancements you mentioned including a 25% gear boost and 0% enemy boost, and assuming the "boost ice wizards have in azteca" means Sleet Storm, the damage is 1,641. You are far off.