Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Something to confess.

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 31, 2010
Recently; after losing like 150 times in ranked pvp, I did the "puppet," thing with my friend. And we won every single time. I was a transcendent necromancer, and he was as low as it gets. The only time we lost was to an even higher level fire puppet guy. Sure my teammate dies quickly, and I'm left alone with the two across the way, but I have a critical ratio of 200-something. It's just not fair, yeah I feel undeserving of those victories. I side-stepped the system. So maybe the system could use some reconfiguration?.. Also, in pvp, you know those really long battles? Where both teams are evenly matched, but one side gets to go first, every single round, for a large amount of rounds. What if at every 30 turn mark, or something, the other team went first?. I love the pvp system, it's why I play so much.. But whoever goes first, just won half the battle already.. Maybe a speed factor, like stats showing a chance of first turn. "Boots of the lucky, +5firstturnchance." Lol Goodnight. :)

Mastermind
Jul 08, 2011
I have suggested the speed stat before, but it wasn't considered i guess for whatever reason. I agree with you, I lost 3 matches today against people who i would have beat had i been first. There aren't too many people who can beat me on my life if i was first. I do like the idea of the changing who is first every few turns or so, I would suggest every turn to make it fair. Then its skill, not luck, everything is matched up evenly how it should be.

Historian
Jul 18, 2010
i hate it i always lose just because someone goes first!! Changing turns every 5 or so turns is a great idea to be fair. Then its all skill not JUST luck! I always feel like i always go second, but its not right. Its so unfair that maybe it should be every turn we change like thejordanator said!!

Explorer
Jul 25, 2011
agreed it feel's like that side cheats cuz it always skips my turn before i attack. I'm amazed i got to level 45 in the first place. system really needs some reconfiguration.

Survivor
Feb 18, 2013
How about first round everybody's spell is cast at same time. Equalizing the play, then after that it reverts to turns. I prefer battling alone so when I step into a dungeon I make myself invisible to friends and disable teleport. I am level 51 now in Winter Tusk and Dragon Spyre and some of the Boss/Minion Combo's are insanely powerful with single pip spells by the time my first spell is cast I am down half of my life and I have to build pip's to make a fatal hit so when I finally have enough pips to take one out they take me down before I get a chance to cast. Or I burn all my pips up trying to heal myself. I see several Equipment items I can equip as soon as I hit level 52 to increase my off the line pip strength so start the difficult Boss/Minion combo's at level 52. No matter how I load my decks I cannot stay in ring more than 6 turns.

Also how about creating a way to educate our Minions so we can increase their hit strength as we increase in levels and ability to give them new spells. Same with our Heal cards. Spell card Hit strength should increase % wise as we increase in levels too.

Explorer
Mar 18, 2012
Stormgem307 on Mar 21, 2013 wrote:
i hate it i always lose just because someone goes first!! Changing turns every 5 or so turns is a great idea to be fair. Then its all skill not JUST luck! I always feel like i always go second, but its not right. Its so unfair that maybe it should be every turn we change like thejordanator said!!
It doesn't matter if someone else goes first. you both get a turn, so it's fair. Even if you go second you still have a chance of winning :)