Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Can a pet have two of the same ability?

AuthorMessage
Delver
Jan 18, 2013
Can a pet have two of the same ability? If you hatch two pets that have the same ability can the result have two of the same?

Geographer
Feb 19, 2010
Im not 100% certain but i dont think this happens.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Ghost stone on Mar 17, 2013 wrote:
Can a pet have two of the same ability? If you hatch two pets that have the same ability can the result have two of the same?
No

Explorer
Dec 24, 2008
No, I don't think they can have the same ability twice (like have 2 may casts sprites). Although, I think they can get the same card twice. Hope this answered your question.

Erica ShadowRunner lvl 87 Balance~ over and out

Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
Well, there is Brazen Berserker and Berserker talents... Although I don't know why you'd want that. :P There are a few glitch pics on central though of course.

Mastermind
Mar 05, 2011
The Dream Eater Pr... on Mar 17, 2013 wrote:
No, I don't think they can have the same ability twice (like have 2 may casts sprites). Although, I think they can get the same card twice. Hope this answered your question.

Erica ShadowRunner lvl 87 Balance~ over and out
I don't know if you guys have heard of it but there is a thing called quad defense pets. I have seen one with 3 defenses 10+10+5 but apparently there are ones with 10+10+5+5. I don't know how they work though. I'd appreciate if someone could tell me why this happens (Gamma or Drake or someone haha) Thanks!

Wolf Skullslinger, Thaumaturge by Trade

Mastermind
Jul 08, 2011
Wolf Skullslinger on Mar 21, 2013 wrote:
I don't know if you guys have heard of it but there is a thing called quad defense pets. I have seen one with 3 defenses 10+10+5 but apparently there are ones with 10+10+5+5. I don't know how they work though. I'd appreciate if someone could tell me why this happens (Gamma or Drake or someone haha) Thanks!

Wolf Skullslinger, Thaumaturge by Trade
There is triple resist, no quad resist to the best of my knowledge. Here is how I was told that a pet can get double spell proof however:

When the defender pig was released there was a mistake made where the pet could inherit 2 spell proof talents if hatched, one ultra-rare aka the mistake one was given to the defender pig, and of course it isn't the same as the other spell proof. Hence lets say we have our defender pig who got the mistake spell proof and spell defying. That pet then hatches with a pet of normal spell proof and spell defying. The person trains that pet to ancient and it inherits triple resist.

Correct me if i am wrong, but that's how i believe it happened

Squire
Jan 21, 2010
well wouldn't triple resist with a single elemental resist (like death proof) count as a "quad resist" pet?